Law Enforcement Discount?

Hey, everyone! Loooooong time since I have posted, but am getting ready to go on Enchantment again, this time on the New England Cruise September 8, 2011.

The question I have is regarding the Law Enforcement/EMT discount. Has anyone ever used this discount? I can't really see that it makes any difference in the price. Our TA is looking into it for us, but she couldn't find a price difference, either.

We never qualified for this before, but DH is now an officer, so we thought if it'd help... we'd totally take advantage!

Thanks!

Yes, I have. However, like the other discounts, the L/E discount is only offered on certain sailings, and it usually isn't offered until closer to cruise time. Of all the discounts I qualify for (L/E, military, state), L/E is the one that seems to apply least.

Hey, everyone! Loooooong time since I have posted, but am getting ready to go on Enchantment again, this time on the New England Cruise September 8, 2011.

The question I have is regarding the Law Enforcement/EMT discount. Has anyone ever used this discount? I can't really see that it makes any difference in the price. Our TA is looking into it for us, but she couldn't find a price difference, either.

We never qualified for this before, but DH is now an officer, so we thought if it'd help... we'd totally take advantage!

Thanks!

Let's hope that a price reduction for L/E will become available prior to when your final payment is due because after that, if one does become available you will not be able to receive it.

However, after final payment, with the price reduction, if a higher cabin category cabin is priced lower than what you paid for your cabin, you can request an upgrade.

Then your travel agent hasn't looked. They are codes that pop up but there is no rhyme or reason when or if they will. OP - don't wait until just before final payment to look because it can happen at any time and be gone just as quick. Check every day at least. And even after final payment you can upgrade if you find that L/E discount available to a higher category.

Then your travel agent hasn't looked. They are codes that pop up but there is no rhyme or reason when or if they will. OP - don't wait until just before final payment to look because it can happen at any time and be gone just as quick. Check every day at least. And even after final payment you can upgrade if you find that L/E discount available to a higher category.

My travel agent has found us senior and residency discounts which came up after we booked. She also watches air fare and has been able to save us as much as $1000 per flight. She said most of the RCI L/E discounts are out of Florida. Since we live in the northeast we rarely cruise out of Florida.

It's not really a discount , but another Rate Code (like Senior, Resident , Milit , etc..), that may not be the least expensize Rate Code for which you qualify.

It's also a Rate Code rarely offered .

Rate codes can not be combined .

Of course they can't be combined. They are not a discount of dollars off. They are a specific price for the cabin. You can only have one price that you pay.

Just be sure that you are paying the lowest price possible for you. ;)

We were lucky enough to catch a law enforcement discount on our Enchantment cruise out of Norfolk last year. It was a substantial savings and they really stressed my husband bring his badge & id. But of course, they never asked to see it at check in!

Sherri:)

I don't think that is necessarily true as any ship sailing from any port can offer a L/E discount just as any ship can offer a Military Discount or a senior rate as well.

My travel agent sent me the current list of LE discounts for RCI. While there were various ports listed, they were all in Florida.

I keep waiting for an educator's discount, but it's never materialized after all these years!

Sorry, but they only give discounts to those of us who have to work 12 months a year..hahaha

I'm kidding- my fiance is an educator and she works 12 months a year.

there is a website that lists law enforcement discounts. I'm not allowed to post it here, but they are a very large cruise retailer.

I've never seen them on any of the cruises I wanted to cruise on though.

I'm pretty up on this, because I qualify for leo, florida resident and senior. We use one of these discounts on almost every cruise we take and like a previous poster mention, they are usually offered closer to the date of the cruise. For our upcoming Oasis, all the discounts were available at different prices, LEO was the best; but sometimes Florida resident is best. We've booked cruises and then often when the leo discount happens, we call and get moved to a better room (if we've alerady made final payment). When we've had the leo discount, its a 50/50 if they ask us for our credentials. I know they have our florida address and our ages. Maybe they have notated what leo we are with.

Ya'll are just a font of knowledge! Seriously!!

I really appreciate all the info. I emailed the info to our TA and hopefully that will help her to keep an eye out for us. She's really a good one, so I think she'll find it for us if it becomes available.

But, because I am a tightwad, I'll keep an eye out, too. LOL!!

Thanks so much for all the help! This is why I love CC. You can ask a question that only applies to a handful of people and you still get a ton of GREAT answers.

Thanks a bunch!

(Oh, and to our brother and sister LEO's, thanks for all you do)

In my 12 cruises with RCI, I have never had a cruise that qualified for LEO, Military or residency discount until today. While checking a 4 Day cruise on the Monarch for December 12, I qualified for and purchased a NY residency discount for a JS. For once I was lucky!

Cruises that I have seen with LEO or military discounts are posted a few weeks before final payment.

Good Luck! Keep checking!

I don't think I'm allowed to mention the name but there is a last minute travel site that that makes it easy to check for LEO and other discounts. It is the one with a 90 day ticker. Just click the Law Enforcement link (or any other discount you qualify for) on the left and it will list all the cruises offering LEO discounts.

I don't think I'm allowed to mention the name but there is a last minute travel site that that makes it easy to check for LEO and other discounts. It is the one with a 90 day ticker. Just click the Law Enforcement link (or any other discount you qualify for) on the left and it will list all the cruises offering LEO discounts.

I will figure this out if it kills me. LOL!!

Thanks for the head's up!

Archived