Hello from the Crown

Mist_ynight

We're enjoying a beautiful day on the Crown today. We had our meet & mingle this morning and had a good turnout. Thanks to the Weebles for organizing it :) The Weebles had requested a member of the crew to come and talk to us but was told they would see. We were very suprised when Captain Nick Nash joined us and talked to us for a while. He was very friendly and answered our questions for us. He told us that while he doesn't follow the boards there are people who do and take note of our concerns if a lot of people mention it. He said he recieves a summary of the activity on the board. This was my first meet & mingle and I really enjoyed it. I'll try to write a review when I get back from the trip. :)

Glad you are enjoying the beautiful Crown. We just got off yesterday and really enjoyed a wonderful week. I was impressed with Captain Nash. I have cruised many times with Princess and Captain Nash was the most visible Captain I have seen on Princess. He even stopped and chatted with me twice while I was walking laps on the Promenade deck. Hope you have great week.

Hi There,

Thanks for posting nice when the boss turns up,

Is Ron Goodman still your CD

Who is the Hotel Manager.

yours Shogun

Hi Shogun, I heard on this board that Ron Goodman was off the crown for a little while. The CD right now is Sam Hawker-Thomas. She is good, I had her on the sapphire las April. The Maitre d'Hotel is Francesco Ciorfito.

I'm finding out the internet on the ship is not that reliable. I couldn't get it to work last night and it took forever to load tonight. I'm saving the patters so I can scan them for people who are interested.

The comedian Troy Thirdgill was really funny. The show Destination Anywhere was pretty good. It was a little cheesy at some points but I really enjoyed the part about London and Africa. Tomorrow's show is What A Swell Party. I'll let you know how that one is. We just got back from the Passenger Feud show. It started off a little slow but was pretty funny after the first round. If you like the show Family Feud this is a definate must do. I wanted to participate but unfortunatly my DH wasn't up for it. We're off to the ultimate deck party. I'll post more when I can.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys. The internet is not very reliable on the ship most nights. I'm getting great signal right now. Lets hope it lasts until I get this posted.

Maofthree I don't know about the drink specials as I'm not much of a drinker. I will try to remember to ask for you though.

Nanatravel I was there pretty much at the end of the buffet so I can't be positive but it certainly looked like the seafood buffet. I had lobster claws and mussels and there was shrimp there as well. I don't know what else since I wasn't very hungry and only did a quick look.

Britter16 It's not my usual spot but I'll try to make my way down there to say hello from you.

LI new cruiser we didn't stay for the whole deck party but it looked like lots of fun. They brought out the dancers from the show for the first 10 minutes or so and then they got people up dancing with them. They were selling flashing glasses with drinks in them. It cost about $10-$11 but the drink was delicious. It was called a carribean cooler.

We saw the show What A Swell Party last night. It was OK, not really my thing but I'm sure lots of people enjoyed it. It was a toung in cheek look at the cole porter era, it looked like the 20's to me but I could be wrong.

We also saw the hypnotist today. It was a good show.

I'm saving the patters for anyone who is interested when I get back. I'll be off on Saturday but won't be back home until Monday so I will try to get my review and the patters up shortly after that.

Hi Shogun, I heard on this board that Ron Goodman was off the crown for a little while. The CD right now is Sam Hawker-Thomas. She is good, I had her on the sapphire las April. The Maitre d'Hotel is Francesco Ciorfito.

Thanks for updates from the Crown -- we just did B2B on her in January and miss her! (know what you mean about the Internet though)

If you see Sam could you please tell her hi from us (and unfortunately we forgot her email address). We're still talking about our "guest appearance" on the Wake Show.

John & Kathy

Mist ynight

Hope you had a great cruise. I read on another thread that you had an 11am flight to catch and were concerned about debarkation. I am in the same situation. Debating whether or not to do self assist. What did you end up doing and what time did you end up getting to and thru the FLL airport.

Mist ynight

Hope you had a great cruise. I read on another thread that you had an 11am flight to catch and were concerned about debarkation. I am in the same situation. Debating whether or not to do self assist. What did you end up doing and what time did you end up getting to and thru the FLL airport.

Self Assist is the way to go!!!

Mist ynight

We were on the Crown this past sailing and we used the self assist debarkation. We went to the Michealangelo Dining room at 7:20 AM per the notices given to us. We were off the ship quickly, grabbed a taxi ($20.00 US ), and we were a FLL and checked in by 8:00 AM.

Great cruise. Loved the heated freshwater pools. No complaints other than the "CHAIR HOGS" both out by the pool and in the theaters.

I was on this cruise alsothe drinks are at diferent time depending on at sea or in port. 4 to 7 pm on sea days and after 8 pm till bar closes on port days, and at any bar as i finally found out from one waitress. i have see the choices on a post.

Archived