A Hop, NO Skip and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream

jenseib

Definately Cinderella -

However your pic of the princess walking down the stair case - snow white almost looks animated in it. Very cool picture.

I am happy your computer is back and is happy hopefully.

Have a great Friday..

I'll have to go back and look at that picture!

That was fun…we had seen all the Princesses….or had we? Wait, ……What do I see? I look up and see ANOTHER Princess up on the next deck having a Meet and Greet as well.

It’s a must do for us, so we hike up a flight of stairs and get in line.

I took a few shots while we waited.

This is the Vista Café, tucked away in the corner.

vistaC.jpg

vistacafe.jpg

And then it was our turn to visit one last Princess. She did a few Swirls for us!

princessminnieswirls.jpg

princessminnie.jpg

Princess Minnie!!!!!

princessminniesigning.jpg

princessminniesigning1.jpg

posingwithminniprincess.jpg

princessminnieandclaire.jpg

And the Photographers

edit33.jpg

After all the Meet and Greets it was time to get the Detective card so Claire and Mom could start a new adventure. Claire WAS NOT going to let us forget about this at all!

dectectiveagency.jpg

dectectiveagency1.jpg

detectiveagancy2.jpg

detectiveagency3.jpg

We now had our card in hand and activated. We had found that you could only activate a card to do this at certain times during the day…but I “think” you could do the actual adventure at any time of the day once you had the card. We also grabbed a map of where each picture was for the mission. There were 2 to choose from and Claire and Mom decided on one they wanted to do. The card would work for both though.

Here is a copy of the map. I don't remember if there were 2 separate maps for the 2 missions, or if it all went off this one map. Since I wasn't involved, I really don't know too much about it. This was the only map we brought home though.

The map is also much bigger than my scanner, so this is what you get. LOL!

detectiveagenceymap1.jpg

detectiveagencymap2.jpg

detectivemap4.jpgdetectivemap3.jpg

One more thing had to be done before they went off though. We needed lunch!

We hadn’t eaten since breakfast, and Claire hadn’t eaten much then. She griped a bit, but gave in when we told her there would be no mission unless she ate something. We headed to Cabanas to find that they had very little out at that time of day.

There was enough to make Claire happy though and I filled a plate for her.

hotdogcookie.jpg

Mom went off in search of the fast food services. She came back shortly and said she couldn’t find them, so I left her and Claire and went and looked. They were quite a ways down…on the other side of the pools. I got a plate of a few items for Mom and I and headed back. It was all decent food. I don’t have a picture of the wraps we had because they were so good we both gobbled them up immediately.

sandwichpizza.jpg

After we ate, we headed back to the room once again. Mom told me that she did talk to Dad (she had phone service in the Bahamas) and that he did make it to his sisters house. He was frazzled, but made it. He told her a bit about his day so far. My cousin and her family were also visiting and he said they had all left to go to the beach for the day, so he and my Aunt and Uncle were spending the day together.

I decided to stay in the room and get cleaned up while Mom and Claire went off on their mission…well actually Claire told me I wasn’t even allowed to come. LOL! She said it was something special for just her and Adda! (Pronounced Odd-ah…that’s what the kids call my Mom).

Yes, I can't get enough of DCL trip reports!!! :D

Oops, I just requoted you in the post above from the post before. :D I love reading them too.

I bet the detective hunt was fun (can't remember what you called it). Can't wait to read how it turned out..

They really did enjoy it alot. Though it tired Mom out.

Before Claire and Mom had left, I realized that the “gift” and “note” of the day had not been left out that morning. So I quickly just flopped it on the bed and told Claire I saw something. She was surprised to see it in the afternoon, but happy. Here’s the note.

mickeysislandnote.jpg

I can’t remember for sure what the gift was, but I think it was a package of Disney Princess underwear. She’s very picky about her underwear. You have to have a Princess on your butt at all times! I think she even wore a pair after her bath that day.

While Mom and Claire were off solving mysteries, I decided to turn my laptop on and try to upload some photos. While the laptop was starting up I went out on the verandah and took some pictures of Atlantis. This was another one of the “shots” I wanted to get. I played with some settings and then some editing too.

atlantisinbluewater.jpg

atlaitisinthebluesea.jpg

bwatlantissea.jpg

And this one is probably my favorite, though not perfect.

atlantisfavorite.jpg

So I cropped it. And this is what I wanted to get!

atlantisfavoritecropped.jpg

And then I took a picture of these guys doing some work.

workingonthesideoftheship.jpg

And remember that light house…you didn’t think I was going to give up getting a shot I liked, did you?

bluewaterwithlighthouse.jpg

lighthouseindistance.jpg

bluewaterlighthouse1.jpg

Great photo day! Thanks for being so determined to get the best pictures!! They are nice shots!

BTW... when DD was Claire's age she loved her Princess underwear, too! Princesses obviously like to be amongst their own:D

Great photo day! Thanks for being so determined to get the best pictures!! They are nice shots!

BTW... when DD was Claire's age she loved her Princess underwear, too! Princesses obviously like to be amongst their own:D

Thats so true. She will get mad some days when I pull out plain underwear. I have just learned to buy mostly princess stuff now, so we don't have to fight about what is on her fanny.

Thats so true. She will get mad some days when I pull out plain underwear. I have just learned to buy mostly princess stuff now, so we don't have to fight about what is on her fanny.

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your TR here and on DIS, this last message has me lmao, because my 6 yo DD and I often have this same discussion over undergarments lol!

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your TR here and on DIS, this last message has me lmao, because my 6 yo DD and I often have this same discussion over undergarments lol!

Thanks for reading. It's so funny how picky she is about some stuff, and there there are days where I wonder where she comes up with her idea for "matching" clothing. Just because you like two different garments, DOESN'T mean they match! :rolleyes:

Thanks for reading. It's so funny how picky she is about some stuff, and there there are days where I wonder where she comes up with her idea for "matching" clothing. Just because you like two different garments, DOESN'T mean they match! :rolleyes:

Yep, got that same thing going on here too...if any 2 pieces of clothing have any bit of pink in them, they match! She's our youngest, and a tagalong at that, I learned long ago which battles to choose. :D but I still want a button she can wear to school that says "I dressed myself today!":p

Yep, got that same thing going on here too...if any 2 pieces of clothing have any bit of pink in them, they match! She's our youngest, and a tagalong at that, I learned long ago which battles to choose. :D but I still want a button she can wear to school that says "I dressed myself today!":p

We need a button like that too. Claire is my youngest as well. Her brother is 22 and her sister is almost 19, so Claire gets pretty spoiled at times. Yes, I know what you mean about picking battles. Sometimes my Mom wil lask why I let her wear a princess dress to a restaurant for lunch, and I just tell her, why fight, she's only young once. It won't be long till she's outgrown it.

princessminniesigning1.jpg

posingwithminniprincess.jpg

princessminnieandclaire.jpg

And the Photographers

edit33.jpg

After all the Meet and Greets it was time to get the Detective card so Claire and Mom could start a new adventure. Claire WAS NOT going to let us forget about this at all!

dectectiveagency.jpg

How long were the lines to visit each princess? and how early did you go?

How long were the lines to visit each princess? and how early did you go?

There is one line to visit all the Princesses. I think we arrived about 15 minutes early. I wouldn't arrive any later than that. By the time they came out, the line had gotten very long.

Sometimes my Mom wil lask why I let her wear a princess dress to a restaurant for lunch, and I just tell her, why fight, she's only young once. It won't be long till she's outgrown it.

You are right about that. My (almost) 9 year old granddaughter already thinks she is too old for all things princess. But that doesn't keep her from being SUPER excited about our Dream cruise in June :) At one time she would have loved to dress up as a princess on the cruise, but now she and her mom are "discussing" whether or not she should even wear a dress to dinner--she thinks her dresses are too "scratchy", even if they don't have anything in them that COULD be scratchy:)

You are right about that. My (almost) 9 year old granddaughter already thinks she is too old for all things princess. But that doesn't keep her from being SUPER excited about our Dream cruise in June :) At one time she would have loved to dress up as a princess on the cruise, but now she and her mom are "discussing" whether or not she should even wear a dress to dinner--she thinks her dresses are too "scratchy", even if they don't have anything in them that COULD be scratchy:)

Claire is starting to think things are scratchy too, at least with the Princess dresses. In the past it wouldn't even have mattered. She also didn't want to keep the dresses on as long this time either.

Archived