A Hop, NO Skip and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream

jenseib

I don't know who is enjoying it more, you or Claire.

This is a lot of fun. I feel like i'm on vacation with your family.

I think most of my enjoyment was from watching Claire. I was so excited for her....of course I did enjoy playing with a dolphin too!

Your review just keeps getting better and better - thank you for all the pictures.

Thanks!!!

It may be a little bit before I can update again. My desktop has gone into power save mode. It's done it in the past, but usually comes out of it after a day. No such luck this time. I am going to have to take it in.Sounds like it's the graphics card. Anyways, everything trip related is on that computer.And my laptop is a pain to try to do anything on because the keys keep sticking. As soon as I get my desktop back to working, I will post more.

Great review! Looking forward to seeing some more. I know the feeling of losing a camera card. I went to LV with a friend a few years ago. First time I had ever been. On the last night we were there, someone stole my camera. I was more upset about the pictures than the camera! LOL.

Great review! Looking forward to seeing some more. I know the feeling of losing a camera card. I went to LV with a friend a few years ago. First time I had ever been. On the last night we were there, someone stole my camera. I was more upset about the pictures than the camera! LOL.

Thanks. I know what you mean. I would've much rather have lost that point and hoot camera than the pictures. But I guess I just have to live with it.

Thanks. I know what you mean. I would've much rather have lost that point and hoot camera than the pictures. But I guess I just have to live with it.

While you're waiting for your computer to come out of it's coma, check this out. It the story of a dive camera lost then recovered more than six months later with help from some Cruise Critic members.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1126

While you're waiting for your computer to come out of it's coma, check this out. It the story of a dive camera lost then recovered more than six months later with help from some Cruise Critic members.

Thanks. I'm gonna go check it out.

I took the computer in today....lets hope it's something simple and cheap...and fixable.

thanks for sharing that story Mach.. It is so nice that there is good in this world and to be able to read about it..

OP - best of luck with your computer and repairs... very frustrating..

Your review is wonderful! Can't wait for the rest! We are sailing in a couple of weeks - I also have a 6 year old - he seems a little hesitant to get in the water with the dolphins - he wants to snorkel with the Sting Rays at CC - looks like the water truely was waste deep and Claire is standing up on her own right? I think he would just love this? Did she have any fear of the excursion before she got in the water?

Thank You soooo much!!! Love everything about your review.

Your review is wonderful! Can't wait for the rest! We are sailing in a couple of weeks - I also have a 6 year old - he seems a little hesitant to get in the water with the dolphins - he wants to snorkel with the Sting Rays at CC - looks like the water truely was waste deep and Claire is standing up on her own right? I think he would just love this? Did she have any fear of the excursion before she got in the water?

The water there is about 8 feet deep. The encounterers stand on a large raised platform.

Thanks. you will have so much fun. I wish we could g back tomorrow! LOL!

Yes, you are on a platform, so it was just right for Claire and all the other little ones. It was a very slimy and gross feeling platform though. :(

The water there is about 8 feet deep. The encounterers stand on a large raised platform.

Correct!

Any more pictures?

Ready for an update right now. Just got my computer back yesterday!!!

After making our purchases, Claire and I walked the short distance to the boat dock and waited. The 1 PM boat was late, by at least 15 minutes, I would say. I took some pictures, but of course those are lost.

The boat came and we all boarded in a nice chaotic way. LOL! But we got on and Claire and I went to the top and back row of the boat again.

The ride was long again. I think it was just over 30 minutes. I shot some pictures of the gorgeous houses along the shores with intentions of telling Skip this would be our new vacation home.

The boat made 2 stops this time, 1 at Atlantis and then one back where we originally got on. We got off at the 2nd stop. I think it was close to 2 by the time we got back.

The Norwegian Epic was now in port too. She was huge as well, but not nearly as pretty as the Dream. I took pictures and eyed her a bit though. I have considered sailing her in the future…but after the Dream, it may be hard to switch lines.

We decided to head back to the ship. Claire declared she had to go potty. So we hurried. I didn’t see one as we walked though that customs building of shops, but I’m sure there was one there, I just missed it. In fact Claire said she saw one and was mad I didn’t stop.

The line was a little long to get through the customs area, but it did move pretty fast, but when you have a child doing the potty dance, nothing is fast enough.

We did get through fast. The guy never even wanted to see our Birth Certificates, just our room keys.

We made a mad dash, well I don’t dash well, but a fast walk, to the ship and again pulled the KTTW out and got through fairly fast, throwing our stuff in a basket to go through the scan. Again, they didn’t want to see our B/C either.

I asked a CM where the closest bathroom was and we ran to it. All was well then! LOL!

We then headed back to the room and found Mom there. She said she stayed on the ship for the most part. I think she said she got off for about 2 minutes, then just decided to get back on and relax. She said she read her book, explored a little bit and just had some “me” time.

Claire and I had a meet to go to, so we grabbed the camera and autograph book and got in line. The Princesses were coming out at 2:45. We saw the morning meets line and it was SUPER long, so I wanted to get in line as soon as possible. We only had a few families in front of us when we got there. It got long fast though.

waitinginlineforprincesses.jpg

A few pictures while waiting.

ceilingfixtures.jpg

cielinglight.jpg

portraitinatrium.jpg

And then They came out 1 by 1. It was very exciting!

waitingforprincesses.jpg

Tiana was next. This was Claire’s first time to ever meet her!

tianawaving.jpg

runningtotiana.jpg

tianaabouttosign.jpg

bwtianasigning.jpg

I hate to admit it, but Mom is not totally familiar with all the Disney Princesses…Shame on her! She asked who this one was. I told her Tiana. Mom thought she was just beautiful…..and she was...but after all, she is a Princess!

tianaandclaire.jpg

Definately Cinderella -

However your pic of the princess walking down the stair case - snow white almost looks animated in it. Very cool picture.

I am happy your computer is back and is happy hopefully.

Have a great Friday..

Archived