Is it normal?

portofrome

I’m going on my second HAL cruise on May 28. Checking into my reservation I can read that my Express Docs will be available to print approximately on Sunday April 10th 2011. ‘Til now they aren’t ready to print. I did my final payment on time and I checked it at my travel agency and they did on time too. Could it be why this time I choose for a free upgrade at not additional cost? My first HAL cruise was on the Volendam and I didn’t choose for it and my E-Docs were ready to print at the date showed on my reservation. Is it normal or have I to call HAL?

I mean, when you are booked for an upgrade, are E-Docs released after the date showed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

The E docs are usually available for print 45-50 days prior to sail. As April 10th has passed, I assume you are saying you can't print them, even tho it says you should be able to? Did you book a GUAR, or did you book a specific cabin level and cabin?

Did you do your online checkin? The part where you put in your passport, flight and credit card info, with your emergency contact, etc? If that isn't complete, you can't print your docs.

If you have a guarantee or said you want to be considered for an upgrade doesn't matter.

Check carefully for missing or invalid information. If all is okay, call HAL reservations.

No, my reservation is for a SS category: when I booked I chose the cabin number and the option for a free upgrade.

Did you do your online checkin? The part where ...

Thanks - that's where I meant to check for missing info, but forgot to say it. :o

No, my reservation is for a SS category: when I booked I chose the cabin number and the option for a free upgrade.
I'm betting that something is incomplete in your online check-in.

The E docs are usually available for print 45-50 days prior to sail. As April 10th has passed, I assume you are saying you can't print them, even tho it says you should be able to? Did you book a GUAR, or did you book a specific cabin level and cabin?

Did you do your online checkin? The part where you put in your passport, flight and credit card info, with your emergency contact, etc? If that isn't complete, you can't print your docs.

Yes I did. I can see that my on line check in is complete (all flags are green).

we got our e-mails yesterday that we could print our e-docs for our june cruise -- 50 days from cruise

sounds like something is wrong

don't know if you will be able to get hold of hall over the weekend -- they may even have monday off due to the holiday

I've just sent an email to them. My first HAL cruise was all so perfect....

Did you find out what the problem was?

Thanks for asking.

They replied at my email and told me to contact Hal Italy. I did this morning and they told me that they will transmit my balance 30 days before the sailing date and my E docs will be available on line next week. This is not fair because I had to do my final payment 75 days prior my sailing date…. But it seems we have different rules here.

I just received the notice from Hal that my E-docs are ready to print. My cabin is confirmed...So doing the e-docs dance!:)

You dance beautifully! Congratulations that all has worked out as planned.

I'd tell you to have a great time, but knowing you, I know you will.

Tell me, was it worth putting away your luggage from the last trip? :D

(or maybe you didn't put it away at all)

You dance beautifully! Congratulations that all has worked out as planned.

I'd tell you to have a great time, but knowing you, I know you will.

Tell me, was it worth putting away your luggage from the last trip? :D

(or maybe you didn't put it away at all)

:D:D Yes Ruth I did! But it's always a pleasure to pack for a cruise!!

Thanks to all.

Archived