Another reason to fly in a day early

luvcruisn'

Saw this report on the internet:

PHOENIX - A Delta Air Lines flight from Detroit to San Diego was diverted to Albuquerque, New Mexico, on Sunday because of a security scare but authorities found "no suspicious devices" on the plane, an FBI spokesman said. Agency spokesman Frank Fisher declined to clarify the nature of the "potential security threat" that caused the plane to land in New Mexico. He said agents searched the plane and interviewed the crew and 107 passengers before clearing the aircraft to fly again.

This time-consuming delay could put a wrench in your plans if travelling the day of the cruise.

Definitely another good reason:) Between security, engine problems, weather problems, flying early is the only way to go ;)

We usually go at least a day before - most times at least two days before.

Gives us a chance to relax and enjoy the embarkation port and arrive on the ship refreshed :)

Even if we can drive to a port, we get there at least a day early. It's so much nicer to start your vacation relaxed, rather than stressing over weather, traffic or flight delays.

Ricki

There was a Continental flight headed to Chicago that made an unscheduled stop in St. Louis for an hour yesterday because someone tried to open a door during the flight.

I thought of people trying to get home from a cruise and not wanting to prolong the trip.

When I hear of these incidents on airplanes, it makes me savor to the fullest the times we are so fortunate to board thirty minutes from home. We, too, have to fly when sailing from other ports but it is another thing to love about our Canada/New England cruises....... close to home. :)

We have a cruise booked that sails from Cozumel. We live on Ambergris Caye, Belize.

I was planning our travel rout and found it interestingly funny. To me anyway.)

1. 5 minute Golf cart ride to water taxi dock.

2. 1 hour boat ride from San Pedro, Belize to Chetumal, Mexico.

3. Taxi to bus station.

4. 4 hour bus ride from Chetumal to Playa del Carmin.

Over night in Playa

5. 45 min ferry to Cozumel.

And we chose this cruise because it was easier than flying to the states.

Even if we can drive to a port, we get there at least a day early. It's so much nicer to start your vacation relaxed, rather than stressing over weather, traffic or flight delays.

Ricki

I totally agree! On past cruises we drove from our home in Orlando to Port Everglades, but last year we arrived a day early and treated ourselves to a hotel. What a difference! A new pre-cruise tradition has been born.

Archived