What does the concierage do?

LindaKE

We just bit and upgraded to SY from VB primarily for the bathroom and the extra room. But we now also have the concierage. We've already booked shore excursions and a night at the Pinnacle. What else does he/she do?

We just bit and upgraded to SY from VB primarily for the bathroom and the extra room. But we now also have the concierage. We've already booked shore excursions and a night at the Pinnacle. What else does he/she do?

Basically, think of the concierge as your personal 'Front Office'. They can do anything with regards to making reservations for spa treatments, to adjustments to your onboard account. You can book shore excursions directly with the concierge. They can book private sailaway parties in your cabin, arranging for food delivery and sending invitations to other guests. The Neptune Lounge concierges will definitely spoil you. Congratulations on the updgrade.

Basically, think of the concierge as your personal 'Front Office'. They can do anything with regards to making reservations for spa treatments, to adjustments to your onboard account. You can book shore excursions directly with the concierge. They can book private sailaway parties in your cabin, arranging for food delivery and sending invitations to other guests. The Neptune Lounge concierges will definitely spoil you. Congratulations on the updgrade.

My only caution would be that while an SY cabin gets a phone concierge it does not permit access to the Neptune Lounge. (I see Sail was editing her post as I posted. Sorry......:o)

Do we get the menu delivered to our room each day or is that just for SC and up? I'm assuming that the concierage can make reservations in the MDR for us. We have Open Seating and would like a table for 2 each night.

they do things for the rich people who can't or won't do for themselves :D

No they do the same things and more as the front office does for everyone else. It doesn't make those that book suites people that won't do things for themselves. Their lives are just easier. they don't have to run to the front desk, PG, shore excursion desk, etc.

And everyone who books suites are not rich. Perhaps they prefer to splurge once a year rather than cruise twice a year - or perhaps they have vacation impediments that prevent them from cruising more often.

so why not:confused: seems like a very unfair generalization IMO:p

KK ... On a couple nights when we had open seating, (without reservations) we simply arrived at the MDR and asked for what we wanted. The wait was about 5-10 minutes IIRC.:)

To the OP ... Phone concierge can also make your Canaletto reservations.:)

SY is a very nice room. congratulations on your upgrade :D You will have access to the concierge via telephone. They can do a lot for you - shore excursions, restaurant reservations, whatever. Basically no front desk and no shore excursion desk or PG or Canaletto.

The main thing with your room though is the real estate. you are going to be enchanted. Have a great cruise, smooth seas and a great time :):)

Thanks everyone. One more question: According to some threads, the concierage is included in the daily auto tip. Other threads say not. I know to tip based on how much he/she does for us and how well, but what would be a minimum for good, but very limited service, for good and more service, etc? We may tip above the minimum suggested amounts, but don't want to ignore someone who doesn't get anything from the auto tip if they have served us at all.

Thanks everyone. One more question: According to some threads, the concierage is included in the daily auto tip. Other threads say not. I know to tip based on how much he/she does for us and how well, but what would be a minimum for good, but very limited service, for good and more service, etc? We may tip above the minimum suggested amounts, but don't want to ignore someone who doesn't get anything from the auto tip if they have served us at all.

There is really no need to tip anyone you will never meet. My guess is that you will likely not use the service a lot and the service is included in the price you pay for your SY.

There is a very good chance you will not see your telephone concierge. Your interaction with him/her is 'telephone'. :)

As to Concierges in Neptune Lounge, just about everyone I know tips the Neptune Concierge(s) if they have any interaction/assistance with them. We always tip Neptune Concierge (s) (with one exception) but doubt there would be an opportunity to tip a telephone concierge.

Whether they are included to any small degree in the automatic tip really doesn't influence our choice to tip them. The services we receive from them are so personal to our particular requests and requirements and we are the direct beneficiaries of their services. We choose to tip. Doesn't matter the least to me if anyone else does or does not.

IMO....

There is a very good chance you will not see your telephone concierge. Your interaction with him/her is 'telephone'. :)

As to Concierges in Neptune Lounge, just about everyone I know tips the Neptune Concierge(s) if they have any interaction/assistance with them. We always tip Neptune Concierge (s) (with one exception) but doubt there would be an opportunity to tip a telephone concierge.

Whether they are included to any small degree in the automatic tip really doesn't influence our choice to tip them. The services we receive from them are so personal to our particular requests and requirements and we are the direct beneficiaries of their services. We choose to tip. Doesn't matter the least to me if anyone else does or does not.

IMO....

Totally agree with Sail - I wouldn't worry about the telephone concierge too much as you probably will not use them a lot.

It's just saving you phoning other numbers.

We do use the Neptune & the lounge so yes, we do tip extra. it is totally our choice - not mandatory and is very much dependent upon how much we use them and what they do as to how much we leave.

No worries about this and have a great cruise :D

Our experience with the Neptune Lounge concierge is limited since we've had a suite exactly once. What surprised me was how quickly and how much I came to depend on the concierge...reservations for a cooking class, changing from fixed sitting to open sitting, reservations for Canaletto's, arranging for a party in our room with our trivia partners, dropping off DVD's, plus the regular smiling greeting we got every time we wondered into the lounge. We felt an extra tip was absolutely merited.

Archived