Alcohol and Irons

diamondsparkling

Sorry, this question must have been asked quite often but I cannot find the answers. If I remember correctly you can take a couple of bottles of wine when you board but not at the ports visited......?

I know there are launderettes on board, we are travelling on Crown, but can you take a travel iron on board?

Thanks

Val

You can in fact bring more then just one bottle per person of wine. The contract does NOT say how many bottles of wine you can bring. We have brought as many as 7 bottles with us. It is true that if you buy wine at a port, they will hold it for you, but I have brought it right on board with me, buying some in Mexico and they let me right on without any problem. I never questioned them as to why, but just enjoyed the wine in my cabin.

You can not bring a travel iron, that is a fact as others have already stated. That is because they are a fire hazard.

It is true that if you buy wine at a port, they will hold it for you.

Not so.... we've bought 2 bottles of wine at most ports and they never flinched. Rum punch (given to us by a tour company) was a no no. Don't understand their scanners though... was asked once what I had and told him wine... he said.. It Says Rum!! That was inside a carry-on bag. How could they read that????

Boarding the ship pre-cruise I've seen people take on cases of wine (more than one) with not a problem.

From the passage contract - doesnt say how many and it is not clear if wine and champagne are exempted from the duty free or ports of call statement

No alcohol may be purchased or consumed by any Passengers under the age of 21. No Passenger under the age of 21 shall be permitted to engage in any gaming activities on board the ship. No Passenger under the age of 18 shall be permitted to purchase cigarettes or tobacco products. Passengers agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind (except wine and champagne) on board for consumption. You must surrender alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship’s gift shop, or at ports of call, to Carrier, which will be delivered to Your stateroom on the last day of the voyage. A corkage fee of $15.00 U.S.D. per bottle (which is subject to change without notice) will be applied to wine and champagne brought aboard by You and consumed in the ship’s restaurants.

Bless Princess!! They've actually changed the wording in the Patter to say it's ok to bring wine in from port now. :):):)

i see the from the FAQ:

We kindly request that you do not bring alcoholic beverages (other than wine and/or champagne) onboard for consumption.

Alcoholic beverages sourced from shore-side and brought onboard, no matter where sourced, will be collected at the gangway for safekeeping and will be delivered to the passenger's stateroom on the last day of the cruise.

A member of the ship's security staff will be at the gangway to assist passengers with the storage of their alcoholic beverage purchases. The only exception to the above rule, is that passengers are permitted to bring one bottle of wine and/or champagne per person purchased in a shoreside location onboard. If the wine and/or champagne is brought to the dining room for consumption, a $15.00 per bottle corkage fee will be applied to the passenger's shipboard account. We prefer that passengers bring wine/champagne no larger than 750ml, however, magnums are acceptable. Wine in a box is not encouraged.

Passengers are also permitted to consume the wine and/or champagne in the privacy of their stateroom only, but it may not be brought into any public lounge for consumption.

Please note that any wines and champagnes supplied from the ship's stock to passengers would not be subject to a corkage fee.

Archived