elite mini bar set up?

golferdog

Will be elite on our next cruise and was wondering how the mini bar set up works and what choices (if any) I'll have. My DW is not quite elite yet so does that effect the set up or is it a stateroom kind of thing? Thanx for the help

Will be elite on our next cruise and was wondering how the mini bar set up works and what choices (if any) I'll have. My DW is not quite elite yet so does that effect the set up or is it a stateroom kind of thing? Thanx for the help

You will automatically get a setup, since all that's necessary is one Elite in the cabin. You can call room service and change whatever you wish, though only downgrades are allowed. I.E. you can change booze and beer for soda, but it doesn't go the other way. You can change booze into beer, but also not the reverse. You can switch the 6 sodas for any other kind and you can also switch it all out for water. Just call room service and tell them what you want.

It is 1 set up per stateroom. You get 6 cans of soda, 2 bottles of Perrier, 2 bottles of beer, 6 liquor minis. Any thing you don't like just call room service and they will exchange items for you. We always exchange the liquor for all scotch and change the soda for all diet coke or club sodas. ENJOY!!

you also get two bottles of water and 8 minis, not 6. Usually, two each of gin, vodka, bourbon & brandy.

Now, how did I know that within minutes of my post that someone would have to correct me.:rolleyes: I think they were able to get the idea.

I'm not Elite yet but it doesn't seem fair that if it is a perk of Elite status that only one per room gets it. If it is an Elite perk - each Elite member should receive one.

Each Elite member gets internet minutes - they don't assign them per stateroom.

I'm not Elite yet but it doesn't seem fair that if it is a perk of Elite status that only one per room gets it. If it is an Elite perk - each Elite member should receive one.

Certain perks are allotted differently. Shareholder; one per cabin. Military; one per member (99% of the time one per cabin). Setup; one per cabin. Unless you're in a full suite as an Elite and then you get two. But you're paying for it. As someone who as gotten Elite setups from day one, I think it's very fair.

Each set up is enough for two people, two of everything. That way they can keep it to one set up per stateroom, whether one is Elite or two. Now, if four are sharing a stateroom, and all were Elite, that might cause some 'who gets what'. :)

Each set up is enough for two people, two of everything. That way they can keep it to one set up per stateroom, whether one is Elite or two. Now, if four are sharing a stateroom, and all were Elite, that might cause some 'who gets what'. :)

But it last twice as long if only one partakes. :)

Certain perks are allotted differently. Shareholder; one per cabin. Military; one per member (99% of the time one per cabin). Setup; one per cabin. Unless you're in a full suite as an Elite and then you get two. But you're paying for it. As someone who as gotten Elite setups from day one, I think it's very fair.

What do you get if you are military? You said 1 per member...

The only time you get two bar set ups is an elite cruising in a suite. We received the first upon embarkation and the second when we needed our refill. What a treat!

We booked a 28 day cruise that could also be booked as 2 cruises & received a bar setup for each segment of our cruise. :D

I dont know if the 'changes' which have taken place on the Australian Princesses with this set up are going to be made on the USA ships shortly BUT

There are no minatures in Australia ships you get a 375cc bottle of Gin (the cheapest of the liquors) and of course not the same as 8 x 50cc minatures - and you can change it but you have to ask We got cognac but the room service had to check whether it was permitted.

We booked a 28 day cruise that could also be booked as 2 cruises & received a bar setup for each segment of our cruise. :D

Shhhhhhhh Cugino, you were only supposed to get one. LOL. That's happened to us too. ;) In fact, last year on the Sapphire we got three. This cruise could have been booked as three legs, ergo...........

We have also gotten the second setup on a two leg cruise booked as one. Also a second invite to the Princess Grapevine and Captain's Circle party.

Fortunately all the bottles are refillable....

It seems ironic that the value of a bar set-up should be so revered by Princess that they will give only one to a cabin when there are two Elite members present. In this regard every other amenity, service or perk is afforded to both parties regardless of value but not the bar set-up.

A seven-day cruise gets one, a fourteen-day cruise gets on and a twenty-eight- day cruise gets one. It’s not as if Princess has to pay any tax or duty on these offerings when brought aboard. The inequity is staggering…

Archived