FOS Delayed 7/24/11

Hmm

That's the one I am using, but not seeing the details that the others see. Are there different views available? I don't see how to change it.

Nope, no different views available, camera followed the ship earlier. You saw her pass by, turn around and park. Now she's just sitting there, so maybe you missed the parking and stuff

Cindy

I watched it back into it's berth. I can't see a view that shows a barge along side, nor can I get enough detail to see the type of trucks pulling up to deliver supplies and what not.

Will it leave on time?

I watched it back into it's berth. I can't see a view that shows a barge along side, nor can I get enough detail to see the type of trucks pulling up to deliver supplies and what not.

Will it leave on time?

Oh, then maybe you are looking for this webcam

http://www.portcanaveral.com/webcam.htm

Cindy

Still at the hotel waiting for shuttle to the pier. Latest update is that they still had hundreds to disembark and that the police were turning the buses, cars, suttles, taxis etc away at the port. Should be an interesting time at the terminal:rolleyes:

Still at the hotel waiting for shuttle to the pier. Latest update is that they still had hundreds to disembark and that the police were turning the buses, cars, suttles, taxis etc away at the port. Should be an interesting time at the terminal:rolleyes:

Any word as to your sail away time?

I hope it will work out fine in the end. If you see the chance, let us know how it was at the terminal and enjoy your cruise :D:D

Cindy

Any word as to your sail away time?

Wife called customer service and was told 4:30. Rather doubt that was good information :)

I am sure it will still be a great cruise and everyone seems to be very understanding here in the lobby.

You can also replay the arrival at http://PortFever.com

From the top menu, select:

Port Canaveral -> HDTV Webcam -> Archive -> Browse...

Then click on the 10:00am thumbnail image. The FotS arrival starts at 10:30am EDT.

'>' single steps through the images and '>>' auto-plays (speed +/- adjusts that fast forward rate).

David.

I bet all those people who didn't listen to the "can I make a flight before noon" are wishing they listened to the peeps on CC :(

Kinda glad this happened - my neighbors are booking a flight @ 1pm when their med cruise gets back to Rome... I'm saying stay a day and fly home the next... less stress!!

Not sure which cruise your neighbors are on but we had lots of time to

make our 1 PM flight out of Rome. (Unfortunatly our A.C. flight didn't leave till 3).

Depends on when the ship docks. I think ours docked at 6 AM. If it docked at 9ish I might agree with you.

That is the best thing for them to do. I was wondering what they were going to do with all of the guests arriving at the port to board with debarkation underway. It would have been a zoo and many would have been stranded outside the terminal in that HOT Florida heat.

Stands to reason that if they normally get in at 6am....and it takes 3-4+ hours to clear the ship before the new folks can get aboard....that it would be about 4 - 5pm before the same happens today (since they docked around 11am).

Stands to reason that if they normally get in at 6am....and it takes 3-4+ hours to clear the ship before the new folks can get aboard....that it would be about 4 - 5pm before the same happens today (since they docked around 11am).

The shuttle driver was now told 4:00. So 4-5 sounds spot on.

Will it leave on time?

There's no other view. Was just watching the portcanaveralwebcam.com earlier when I saw the barge go by and then went "behind" the ship on the port side. Knowing that there's nothing else past the ship at that point, I figured it was pulling up along side her. All I did was hit the fullscreen button to get the bigger picture and see more detail to watch all the trucks pulling through the gate near the front end of the ship. It's interesting to be able to "spy" on all the activity.

Thanks for the other link to the frontside webcam to see all the traffic out front.

I can't see her anywhere on marine traffic, not between Nassau and Port Canaveral

technical point: the data reported by the various tracking sites is typically coming from the ship's AIS Automatic Information System. AIS uses VHF-FM to transmit information programmed by the ship (static info) and positional information normally derived from their GPS (dynamic info). VHF-FM is a low power system restricted to line-of-sight communication; range will typically be in the 15 to 20 mile range but can be more depending on height of the various antenna. AIS was developed to be a ship to ship system intended to improve safety of navigation. On the bridge of a ship, instead of just getting a blip on the radar, AIS allows the ship's bridge team to see the course/speed/vessel name/type of vessel/size of vessel/destination and more. This can help A LOT should the ships need to talk to help manage risk of collision. Subsequently land stations were also established and now their are entities collecting the AIS inputs from many many stations which we can enjoy as entertainment. BUT if a ship is more than 20 miles from an AIS land station their information will not appear as there is no receiver to collect the data..... even IF within 20 miles, there would need to be an AIS receiver participating in these reporting systems which so far are educational primarily . . .. Some areas have greater concentrations of participating AIS land stations then do others.

Just got an email from my son saying that Freedom is delayed this morning due to a stop in Nassau. They won't be back to Port Canaveral until about 12 noon. I wonder why they are stopping? The RCI phone support says that they have left Nassau, but they have no official arrival time. Very strange.

And I told you about this four and a half hours earlier. ;)

We are picking up our son and his wife from their honeymoon cruise tomorrow morning. Does anyone know off hand how early the self disembark starts?

Thanks.

You have obviously gone to bed now, but I suspect that you'll check again in the morning.

Someone just posted that Freedom had to make an emergency stop in the Bahamas for a medical situation, and won't be back in Port Canaveral until ~ 11 A.M. That doesn't even tell you when disembarkation may begin.

Good luck with the pick-up.

Hmmm, anybody thought that this would be a real good week to be on a back-to-back? Turnaround day? What's that? Let the vacation continue..... LOL.

Glad to see the traffic is moving now so the next sailors can get on board.

Watching the replays from earlier, thought of a curious question. You can see the lines drop out of the bow and hit the water. How do they get the lines to the pier? Anybody ever seen the tie up operations?

Watching the replays from earlier, thought of a curious question. You can see the lines drop out of the bow and hit the water. How do they get the lines to the pier? Anybody ever seen the tie up operations?

Mooring lines are HEAVY. A small line, called a heaving line, is tossed to the pier and attached to the end of the mooring line. The heaving line is then used to pull the mooring line to the pier. Due to the weight the line will usually end up in the water and altho they usually don't float the bou' of the water does help ease the job for the line handler on the pier.

p.s. check the PC webcam at the port you can see a line of folks trying to get thru security and into the terminal and a steady stream of busses/shuttles and vans. It is plenty hot outside . . . and I'll bet under a collar or three . . .

If they are turning away arriving passengers that were expecting to embark, where to they send them TO? If you are coming from Orlando (MCO, hotel in the area) what do you do? If you paid for a transfer from there to the port, what would happen?

Archived