Jewel Questions

Jewel is coming to Tampa, YEA! Just wondering what anyone thinks of her? She will be doing 4 & 5 day cruises to the western caribbean & I'm thinking about giving my kids that as a Christmas gift, but wanted some info as we've only been on 1 RCL, (Oasis) and can't really compare it to the Jewel. Thanks for any info. :D

Jewel of the Seas is our favorite RCI ship. We have sailed on her numerous times and are pleased to be bringing her to Tampa from Boston this Fall. We have usually done longer cruises on her and found she was ideal for that type of sailing. Radiance did this itinerary last year and I know my son and daughter in law were very happy with the experience.

It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of Oasis but it has a number of wonderful features that will make your cruise quite enjoyable, among them: the climate controlled solarium with its retractable glass roof, the open air dining area at the aft of the Windjammer, the stadium seating in the Cinema, and the spectacular Centrum and as someone has already mentioned don't miss the Seaview Cafe on Deck 12 just above the Windjammer and next to the Children's pool. Many guests don't find this gem until later in the cruise, so for the best way to avoid crowds, go early in the cruise. Check out your Cruise Compass to determine its hours of operation.

The Jewel was one of my favorite ships. The crew was wonderful. It is showing a little bit of wear ie some outside railing need varnish but this was only noticeable if you looked. All areas were very clean and the crew took pride in their ship. While I look forward to my upcoming Oasis cruise and all the activities that are offered, I know that I will miss the Jewel.

Jewel is coming to Tampa, YEA! Just wondering what anyone thinks of her? She will be doing 4 & 5 day cruises to the western caribbean & I'm thinking about giving my kids that as a Christmas gift, but wanted some info as we've only been on 1 RCL, (Oasis) and can't really compare it to the Jewel. Thanks for any info. :D

Jewel is my absolute favorite ship. I have only sailed on Jewel twice, but would sail again given the chance!

Jewel of the Seas is our favorite RCI ship. We have sailed on her numerous times and are pleased to be bringing her to Tampa from Boston this Fall. We have usually done longer cruises on her and found she was ideal for that type of sailing. Radiance did this itinerary last year and I know my son and daughter in law were very happy with the experience.

It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of Oasis but it has a number of wonderful features that will make your cruise quite enjoyable, among them: the climate controlled solarium with its retractable glass roof, the open air dining area at the aft of the Windjammer, the stadium seating in the Cinema, and the spectacular Centrum and as someone has already mentioned don't miss the Seaview Cafe on Deck 12 just above the Windjammer and next to the Children's pool. Many guests don't find this gem until later in the cruise, so for the best way to avoid crowds, go early in the cruise. Check out your Cruise Compass to determine its hours of operation.

you forgot the revolving bar in the viking crown.

you forgot the revolving bar in the viking crown.

Love the Radiance class and have been fortunate to sail both the Radiance and Jewel many times. I keep hearing about this revolving bar. Either it was not working when I was on the Jewel, or I was revolving and I thought the bar was standing still! Heading on the Jewel later this year and will find out for myself.

M

I agree with many of the previous posters and continue to sail on Radiance class ships. However, we are close to 50 with no Kids. There are the basic activities such as Rock wall, mini golf, arcade, and bbcourt. There are no flow riders, ice rinks, etc that tend to attract families with kids. I do believe there are enough activities to keep them busy all sea days. Book it and your Xmas shopping will be done...

One of my favorite cruises was aboard Jewel. The ship and crew contributed a great deal to making it so. Radiance class ships are some of the nicest and Jewel truly is a gem among them.

We too have been on the Jewel two times. Great ship and outstanding crew!

Love the Radiance class and have been fortunate to sail both the Radiance and Jewel many times. I keep hearing about this revolving bar. Either it was not working when I was on the Jewel, or I was revolving and I thought the bar was standing still! Heading on the Jewel later this year and will find out for myself.

M

When I sailed her the bar only revolved at night. Sometimes we had to ask one of the bartenders to turn it on.

If you are not standing inside the railing around the bar you may not notice it revolving as it does so rather slowly. The first time we noticed the bar revolving was when one of our party left her purse on the bar and went to dance. She had a mild panic attack when she looked up and noticed that it and the person she left it with were not where she thought she had left them :).

I'm so excited to read all of the glowing reviews on the Jewel. We are sailing her in December and we are looking forward a different experience then the larger ships we are used to sailing. Loved the larger ships as well just looking forward to a change.

Archived