LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

Sherry, lovely pictures, you all look very glamorous. Doesn't your son look like his Dad! I was thinking of you on Wednesday, although I suppose with the time differerence I may have been fast asleep by the time of the function. Enjoy the reception and I hope it is not too exhausting for you.

Quiet day today but we are off tomorrow to watch cricket and will be staying with friends for 2 nights, back here late Tuesday or early Wednesday.

Corinne

okay it straightened itself out......

The Wedding was beautiful and everything went off perfectly... now I have the reception tomorrow... most everything is ready and I did find someone to help serve and clean up which will be a great help.

2209545370048484718S425x425Q85.jpg

2426106380048484718S425x425Q85.jpg

2345648090048484718S425x425Q85.jpg

2569216700048484718S425x425Q85.jpg

Beautiful! You all look so happy :) Enjoy the reception

Yep, looks as though CC has sorted itself out.

Sherry - fantastic photos, thanks for sharing and I hope all goes well tomorrow!

Off to pick up a new bicycle so I can get some fresh air and exercise instead of sitting at a computer all day whilst I'm 'resting'. Probably be saddle sore later!

The Wedding was beautiful and everything went off perfectly... now I have the reception tomorrow... most everything is ready and I did find someone to help serve and clean up which will be a great help.

Oh Sherry! These pics are gorgeous! Much happiness to the new Mr. & Mrs.!!!

Sherry.....These pics are wonderful!! Best wishes to the new Mr. & Mrs.!

Hi,

Sherry great pictures.............thanks for sharing.

Introducing 2 couples that are going with us on our TA for dinner tonight. Our cousins and a couple that I work with. Should have a great time.

Peter I will NOT even comment on RIDING the bike...........:D

Have a good week-end!

Just popped in to say hi - been busy workwise this week and trying to follow the tennis in Cincinnati. Watching semi final -Murray v Fish at the moment. Lots of people sitting fanning themselves trying to stay cool - not a problem we have in Perth

George - what a lovely photo of the two of you.

Marilyn - glad you had a great holiday

Peter - Glad you got your flights sorted and good luck with the bike, best to ease yourself into the cycling.

Sherry - Lovely photo, the brides dress is stunning

Well done to all the weight watchers - my diet starts 1st Sept!

On our last cruise with RCI we were MTD and on the first day we booked for 8.45 and asked to be sat at a large table (previously done this quite successfully), was told there was only tables for 2, we enjoy sitting at larger tables but not tied to the same time each night. Have they changed how MTD works??

Mhairi

Hello everyone from Oswego,Il, (about 40 mile SW of Chicago). Having a great time with friends, but have been busy getting everything ready for the fundraiser on Saturday. When it is over will meet some more friends on Sunday and it is the Spa & shopping on Monday. Friends will be suprised on Sunday, my, brother is coming in from North Carolina. Nobody knows so it will be a surprise for everyone. It will be great to see him, it has been a few months.

We have MTD also, I think our reservations are for 7:00 or 7:30. I cannot remember at the moment.

Have a great Friday.

Barb have you heard about the Chicago area get together I am coordinating? I live in Aurora right behind Rush Copley and we will be meeting on September 18th at Ballydoyles in Downers Grove. If you want to join us drop me an email at hilljcolby at gmail dot com.

Ok, I am a dork, now I see you live in Vegas, enjoy Oswego Barb it was in the top 100 most livable cities in the US this year. Great coffee shop downtown too.

Edited by hillcruiser74

Sherry, what a beautiful wedding. Thank you for sharing.

Peter, hope you are recovering quickly from that bike ride. Very glad that you got your flights straightened out. A good heads up for all of us to look at our reservations since we made them so long ago.

Quiet weekend here, DH has gone off to a number of ham radio activities at the beach this weekend. I decided to stay home and get caught up on rest. Its been quite a busy week. Grandson had ear tubes surgery last Tuesday. That is supposed to be a quick easy recovery. Not so much for 'little guy'. His body decided to fight the foreign material and he spiked a very high fever and a screaming attitude for a couple of days. We think that he was surprised at how loud he could scream and enjoyed his new found levels of sound. He is more or less back to himself now. For which our ears are grateful.

Donna

OMG, Oswego is about 2 minutes from where I live...........would have loved to say HI. What fundraiser are you doing on Sunday???

Peter glad you got it all sorted out.

Sandy, sorry so late in getting back, had weird stuff on Cruise Critic last night. The fundraiser was today. It was a breast cancer fundraiser through Longaburger Baskets at Whitetail Ridge Golf Course in Yorkville. My friend has been doing this for quite a few years, this is my 4th year in helping her. It was a great success, even though the power went out in the middle of it because of the storm that came through today. Would have loved to have met you.

Barb have you heard about the Chicago area get together I am coordinating? I live in Aurora right behind Rush Copley and we will be meeting on September 18th at Ballydoyles in Downers Grove. If you want to join us drop me an email at hilljcolby at gmail dot com.

Ok, I am a dork, now I see you live in Vegas, enjoy Oswego Barb it was in the top 100 most livable cities in the US this year. Great coffee shop downtown too.

Hillary, thank you for the invite, if I was still in town I would join in the fun.

Hi Sherry, Thanks for sharing the photos....Gorgeous Bride!!

Question....You say the reception is the next day, Sunday....Is that Common? Usually the Reception follows the wedding...Just curious. Have a great time on Sunday!

Mike

Edited by pscruzinboyz

Hi everyone,

Checking in....I use to do CC all the time but now a days find it harder and harder to post...maybe because of some of the other sites I am on. Saturday nights are the best time for me to catch up. So here goes......

First off...we live in Huntington Beach CA and work in Orange County, so we call that home. But to us...Home is in the desert. We live in a city called Cathedral City....next door to Palm Springs...so we refer it to PS.

We have had this house since New since 2000. Love coming out and we do about 48 weekends a year. We use to be ...Party Boyz....but several years ago we kind of hit that wall....and said enough was enough. Going out every weekend and some times during the week...well...got OLD.

We just celebrated 30 years in late May and enjoy this house out here in the desert. We fixed it up to what is comfortable for us....so here I sit at the island in the kitchen on a lap top blogging on CC. But always with a Drink!! :)

But we are spoiled....we also own a small place along the beach...just a 2 minute walk to the beach and i really enjoy living that life also. Being in the OC....it is just another city with lots of people.

Now to answer some of the questions......

Bill is 53

Mike ( Me ) I am 52

Met Gay for the first time along with her husband John last weekend....Everyone will LOVE these 2 people. Very entergetic and full of life. They have lived in the PS Area most of thier life and can tell you the stories of the valley i am sure.

George and Matthew.....I laugh when I read your post....CCBC and no lights....LOL....Oh MY!! :eek:

Unfortunantly....we fly in on Saturday the 29th...the day of the cruise...when we booked in April 2010..we knew then we could not spare the extra day. I told Gay last weekend i would never recommend doing this but we are. We leave PS on Friday...flying to Dallas then to JFK and non stop to BCN. The good thing is we have about 2 hour lay over both airports. We will know by the time we are at JFK...if we are on time...if not...we meet the ship in the next port...But we should be OK since we get in at 10:20 am on Saturday. I am sure you 2 will be getting home at that hour...so we will probably be on the ship when you are waking up...Ha ha ha.

Paul...even though we live 5 minutes from each other in HB...so sorry for the delay of meeting...that is just us...seems that we are on the go since we come out to the desert every weekend...but we will get together here in the next couple of weeks.

Peter...I see you are the GAY poster on this thread...so glad you have been the DEN MOTHER for all of us Gay Guys that pop in and out...but we are back to help out. So sorry about your situation...but all things happen for a reason. Really looking forward to meeting you and your partner...It really will be a FUN cruise.

As for everybody else...I will be on most nights and want to get to know all of you so when we meet..we will not be strangers. i always tell my friends, CC is just a bunch of Virtual friends until we sail...Then we hopefully are friends for a very long time after the cruise. Cruising is such a small world of people. Seems odd that we always meet someone on a cruise that we have sailed with at one time or another.

Hoping that Everyone has a great Sunday and a restfull end to thier weekend!! :)

GM to the UK cruisers!!

Mike:)

Edited by pscruzinboyz

Sherry love the Pics

Peter glad you got the flight sorted :) BA have canceled my LHR to Glasgow on the 22nd Nov and have given me another 2 hours in the Club Lounge before a later flight at 12 noon.

Been on a downer here this weekend :( one of my best freinds Morag aged 59 passed away on Thursday :( another victim of Cancer - All I seem to do these days is lose the ones I love to this horrible disease.

On a brighter note only 23 days until I set off for the Vision and Istanbul.

Sherry - fantastic photos, thanks for sharing and I hope all goes well tomorrow!

Off to pick up a new bicycle so I can get some fresh air and exercise instead of sitting at a computer all day whilst I'm 'resting'. Probably be saddle sore later!

Peter...I had to laugh at this post....I use to ride my bike....a dozen times a year along the beach and that was it. I knew I wanted to take off some weight before we went on this cruise and since I am pretty active any way...I decided to start riding my bike to work. So about Mid May...I knew I had 5 months until the cruise. I bought a scale and step on it...213 lbs...but hide it well. But still, wanted to lose some of that. So 3 months later and about 900 miles of peddling...I am down to 192 and will try to get to 180 before we leave. I have not even tried to diet...just smaller portions of everything I eat...MY DOWNFALL...DESSERT...every night. I am addicted to Ice Cream. Weekends are my drinking nights so I enjoy that. So with that...Happy Biking...we are looking at a few biking tours while on the cruise...Maybe you will join us. Basically the same type of tour that you do on a Bus..but we peddle...just more room for all of that food on the ship....and COCKTAILS also.

Sherry love the Pics

Peter glad you got the flight sorted :) BA have canceled my LHR to Glasgow on the 22nd Nov and have given me another 2 hours in the Club Lounge before a later flight at 12 noon.

Been on a downer here this weekend :( one of my best freinds Morag aged 59 passed away on Thursday :( another victim of Cancer - All I seem to do these days is lose the ones I love to this horrible disease.

On a brighter note only 23 days until I set off for the Vision and Istanbul.

Hi George, so sorry to hear your sad news. I wish I could offer some words of wisdom, but I can't.

As for airlines, their lack of concern for the passenger when making changes completely baffles me. Part of my role was to manage customer expectations, so this type of attitude is so alien to me.

Just been having 6 days of backwards and forwards dealing with another example of incompetence with a hotel in Dublin. They keep processing my card payment as a Visa credit card, not a Visa debit card and so it keeps getting declined by my bank. I have never had this problem with any other establishment and they insist it is my fault. So, enough is enough and I've cancelled the hotel and told them we will stay at another rival hotel.

Off to see the Rise of the Planet of the Apes today, followed by another bike ride if the weather holds.

Back later

I will try this one more time...I got knock out of CC because at this hour thay do all of thier updating to the site.

Peter, Congrats on going out to buy a new bike. I have had a bike for years...but only used occasionally. Mid May, I decided to start peddling to work, about 20 miles RT everyday. So in Mid May...I bought a scale and weighed in at 213 lbs...heavy but not really fat. So after 3 months and about 1000 miles later...I am down to 192 and will try to get down to 180 before we leave. That leaves me lots of room for lots of cocktails and the windjammer. I feel it is the bike and now portion control of my meals. I still do DESSERT every night....I am addicted to Ice Cream. So good luck in the biking venture and enjoy. Bill and I are doing some Bile tours on the cruise if you are interested.

Enjoy

Mike

Edited by pscruzinboyz

Peter...I had to laugh at this post....I use to ride my bike....a dozen times a year along the beach and that was it. I knew I wanted to take off some weight before we went on this cruise and since I am pretty active any way...I decided to start riding my bike to work. So about Mid May...I knew I had 5 months until the cruise. I bought a scale and step on it...213 lbs...but hide it well. But still, wanted to lose some of that. So 3 months later and about 900 miles of peddling...I am down to 192 and will try to get to 180 before we leave. I have not even tried to diet...just smaller portions of everything I eat...MY DOWNFALL...DESSERT...every night. I am addicted to Ice Cream. Weekends are my drinking nights so I enjoy that. So with that...Happy Biking...we are looking at a few biking tours while on the cruise...Maybe you will join us. Basically the same type of tour that you do on a Bus..but we peddle...just more room for all of that food on the ship....and COCKTAILS also.
Hi Mike, I have approximately 10 weeks to get rid of 10 lbs to get back to my WW target of 178 lbs, I'm stuck at 188 and have been for weeks. Mainly due to sitting around. My downfall is anything sweet, be that dessert (which I always have room for :D) or muffins, cookies etc.

I didn't realise there were biking tours, maybe something to look at.