Sensation - IRENE... would you board today?

Tom-n-Cheryl

Well, she's almost out the channel. Never saw so many people outside for a sailaway. Hope all goes well. We'll hear plenty of tales when they get back. Over 600 viewing on the webcam, who knew Sensation would be such a sensation:eek:

There she goes, 2 tugboats were along the side on the way out, looks windy. Remember the Monarch is on the way back to PC from Keywest.

The Fantasy gets to go to Cozumel and Key West, I would take that trade anyday.

Like was said before, you can always hit Bermuda from Charleston another time.

But a western itinerary from Charleston is non-existant.

Bill

Bill, Bermuda from Charleston is non existent too. This is the last or one of the last ones Carnival is doing from here.

We did a 4 day to the Bahamas with 24' waves and it was rough. First time I ever got seasick. I probably wouldn't do it again. I heard on ABC this morning that another storm has developed off Africa which will be Jose. Anyone know how many days it takes the storms to go from Africa to the Caribbean?

I see a Tropical Depression Ten which is off of Cape Verde and moving WNW at 9 mph. It is over 3.000 miles from Miami. I bet it is pretty tough to estimate when it will be a threat to cruising areas in the Caribbean. There are so many variables.

I would board if I knew my car was not involved. I lost my car when I parked in Galveston and Ike got it.

If I could park far enough inland to not worry about my car .. I would not mind the waves, they add a element of excitment to me.

I would board if I knew my car was not involved. I lost my car when I parked in Galveston and Ike got it.

If I could park far enough inland to not worry about my car .. I would not mind the waves, they add a element of excitment to me.

We were driving to NY port (we only live 45 min away) as of 5 minutes ago. Even though it is "roof" parking there, we decided not to chance it. It would have cost $240 to park at the port for the 8 days - we ended up getting a car service back and forth for the same price. Now I don't have to worry the whole cruise whether my car would meet us 1/2 in the Atlantic!

I was parked at EZCruise which is one of the higher blocks on the port side. and the water seems to have been up to my sun visor. Ruined the garage door opener, which is all I got back from my car.

Roof parking up several levels I would have been fine, but Galveston isnt very high.

I think the car service is a excellent idea so you dont have to worry.

Absolutely,.. I would be on there so fast you wouldn't believe it.:D

I have always wanted to be on a ship during some big weather.

Rather than finding out it wasn't to my liking on a 5+ day cruise

a 3 day would be perfect chance to try it out.;)

My opinion is that I can go on enough cruises each year that I don't need to be on a "rockin and rollin adventure" just because it's paid for.......I would definitely skip any cruise heading around bad weather like a hurricane. When wave heights of 30 - 40' extend hundreds of miles from the eye on the open ocean, I don't need to bouncing around like a ping pong drunken sailor, that's not my idea of fun. If it's yours, well then, enjoy it!

I have family that is booked on the Glory...at least one has backed out...the rest of them were on the fence leaning toward not going (as of early this morning)....my DH and I talked about it and decided we'd go if in that situation.

My family is out a ton of money just ditching the cruise...they live in Jersey. My thinking is why be a sitting duck at home when you can be on the ship, ahead of the storm having a good time.

Yeah, I imagine the seas will be rough, but I have sailed rough seas before and Bonine works pretty well.

Not to mention you'll probably have a LOT of room on the ship...I imagine it won't be sailing anywhere near full. How often does that happen??

Not to mention you'll probably have a LOT of room on the ship...I imagine it won't be sailing anywhere near full. How often does that happen??

I would love to be the only one playing in the Blackjack tournament! :D

Tom

I would love to be the only one playing in the Blackjack tournament! :D

Tom

I guess you would!! :D

Just got a call from the port in NY...they decided to go :)

I'm glad...I think they may have it a little rough but I bet the cruise will be a blast!

We sailed during Hurricaine Emily years ago- a 7 day cruise and Emily crept into our path. Carnival did a great job redirecting to new ports to not "get stuck down in Curacao having a path blocked to return" now that wouldn't have been so bad... we did have extreme rain swells, but the talk of the ship was the adventure,moment to moment updates. We did lose a main theater show, and dinners were slower as waiters were not allowed to carry as much. Pretty interesting stories brining back radar photos as soveniers!

Yes life is an adventure and enjoy it. I trust Carnival in its safety decisions.

And Brig Bonine and Phenergan. Stock a few green apples too upon boarding--that is the crews secret food for sea sickness

My opinion is that I can go on enough cruises each year that I don't need to be on a "rockin and rollin adventure" just because it's paid for.......I would definitely skip any cruise heading around bad weather like a hurricane. When wave heights of 30 - 40' extend hundreds of miles from the eye on the open ocean, I don't need to bouncing around like a ping pong drunken sailor, that's not my idea of fun. If it's yours, well then, enjoy it!

I'm with you....we were booked on the Glory last Labor Day...and didn't go because of Hurricane Earl. We lost the entire fare...but the money was spent...and I felt that going would just compound a problem.

I really don't need to convince myself that I'm having fun...if I'm not (I was in a storm going to Bermuda a few years ago...considering there were very few passengers walking around the ship...I don't think many "had fun". They may have been braver after the cruise.).

Fast forward...this year: We're booked for the Glory Labor Day weekend again. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing.

I just read this on CNN, but it was referring to yesterday.. LINK:

Those ships include the Carnival Sensation, which had been docked in Freeport, Bahamas, but is coming back to Port Canaveral, Florida, on Wednesday night -- or several hours earlier than scheduled -- to stay out of harm's way, said Jennifer de la Cruz, a Carnival spokeswoman.

Tom

Yes, we left Nassau at 12am instead of 6am. I was on the 21-25 sailing. :)

Are you kidding me?!?!?!

I know Irene will NOT be hitting Port Canaveral, therefore my car will be safe.

I know Irene will NOT be hitting my house here in Charleston, therefore, the rest of my belongings are safe.

I would be doing cartwheels up the gangplank and hoping that alot of folks would wimp out and not go.

I love the rocking of the seas and have enjoyed both times we had rough seas on our previous cruises.

One being a 4 day Sensation cruise, where we had to pass directly behind a hurricane heading for Bermuda and the last night at sea was like watching the Perfect Storm.

Was a ton of fun....(except all of the luggage in the hallway waiting to be picked up, rolling up and down the hallway.)

Bill

Sorry, just had to quote that.. I was so glad I missed out on the earthquake that Philly felt.. Only to come home to Irene battering the entire East Coast.

Archived