Would not book a balcony again until...

peggy1

Do those self righteous non smoking posters really think they are getting a point across? Yes, they are! The point is....you are making us smokers more determined to smoke in areas we are allowed just to get your reaction. I'm going to smoke on my balcony come Hell or highwater! I've got emotions about smoking I never had before when I was more considerate. My caring has greatly subsided. You got your wish to cut smoking in areas previously allowed. Now we have piano bars smoke free but infested with kids. Kids don't belong there. It sure takes away the adult atmosphere of what it was intended. Cigars, now are an "outside" activity, those cigars have no where else to go! So, eat it up non smokers. All your preaching has done nothing but irritate us. For all of you with your "allergies", oh, well. Those Allergies did NOT stem from us!!

You would think most would have enough common sense huh? Well evidently they don't or they would not have made it a law in Calif. that you are not allowed to smoke in your car with children........oh if only a perfect world existed....

Well remember we are talking about a state where you can use "Bad Vibes" as an excuse from gym class. :)

Just kidding I have a sister in Cali and my dad and I would always rag her about stuff like that . *LOL*

Well remember we are talking about a state where you can use "Bad Vibes" as an excuse from gym class. :)

Just kidding I have a sister in Cali and my dad and I would always rag her about stuff like that . *LOL*

LOL! Donchaknow we are nothing but a bunch of pot smoking surfers dude!

Do those self righteous non smoking posters really think they are getting a point across? Yes, they are! The point is....you are making us smokers more determined to smoke in areas we are allowed just to get your reaction. I'm going to smoke on my balcony come Hell or highwater! I've got emotions about smoking I never had before when I was more considerate. My caring has greatly subsided. You got your wish to cut smoking in areas previously allowed. Now we have piano bars smoke free but infested with kids. Kids don't belong there. It sure takes away the adult atmosphere of what it was intended. Cigars, now are an "outside" activity, those cigars have no where else to go! So, eat it up non smokers. All your preaching has done nothing but irritate us. For all of you with your "allergies", oh, well. Those Allergies did NOT stem from us!!

Now that it has scientifically been proven that second-hand smoke does affect the health of others, your rights as a smoker now infringe on others health, that's why more and more places are becoming smoke free. I'm an ex-smoker- when I realized I was not only killing myself but my friends and family as well, I could no longer justify smoking.

Pat

Nope. Not true. They just need to find physical evidence.

Right, because your cabin steward is going to drop a dime on you and risk his $20-50 tip over a cigarette butt.

I sincerely hope posters on this board aren't going to go on vacation and make "smoker hunting" some sort of sport. But considering the propensity of posters on this board to pay for the privilege of being an unofficial CCL employee, I can already imagine the "Smokers Caught" tallies in signatures ...

It has not been scientifically proven that the "smell" of a cigarette from 3 cars in front of you or 2 balconies down from you or from the opposite side of the pool is hazardous to anyones health.

I booked balconies when I smoked & still book balconies now that I don't smoke. Different cruise lines have different decor, different entertainment, different menus and different smoking rules so that customers have options. Exercise your options.

The chances of booking a balcony on Carnival and not having a smoker in close proximity are going to be slim & none after the new rules are in place.

Exercise you options.

Now that it has scientifically been proven that second-hand smoke does affect the health of others, your rights as a smoker now infringe on others health, that's why more and more places are becoming smoke free. I'm an ex-smoker- when I realized I was not only killing myself but my friends and family as well, I could no longer justify smoking.

Pat

You guys just won't let it alone, will you? The general environment of the world today is pollution. You just can't visually see it, and if you do, you say, okay, it's not cigarette smoke. Everything in the modern world is carcinogenic, but you accept it because it makes your life easier, provides you with things, makes you look prettier or smell better. All chemicals.

You forgot the sports bar... non smokers have just as much indoor space free of smoke as the smokers have to smoke.. so shut up already..

"Originally Posted by DocF viewpost.gif

Smokers, you are second class citizens and I really do not have a whole lot of sympathy for you. I quit when cigarettes hit 60 cents a pack. You can quit, save lots of money, and be healthier too.

Doc"

This is a new all time low....calling someone a second class citizen! :eek:

Pat

Happy for you.. but stop preaching to the choir... especially as an ex smoker...

Smoking outside in open air has never been proven.. smoking in confined spaces maybe.. I have yet to believe it.. just because one person gets cancer because of it.. and the other 100 patrons of said establishment do not.. very strange how they single out the ONE person who did... Cancer is a very nasty disease that attacks many people.. smokers or not.. and you don't have to be around smoke at all or a smoker to get lung cancer...

You guys just won't let it alone, will you? The general environment of the world today is pollution. You just can't visually see it, and if you do, you say, okay, it's not cigarette smoke. Everything in the modern world is carcinogenic, but you accept it because it makes your life easier, provides you with things, makes you look prettier or smell better. All chemicals.

Because she took it upon herself to quit smoking because of the facts? Are you for real:confused: I applaud her........don't know why anyone wouldn't!

You forgot the sports bar... non smokers have just as much indoor space free of smoke as the smokers have to smoke.. so shut up already..

And others have posted that area is pretty barren now. If ships go smoke free, as you non smokers want, ships will go without a lot of revenue, and without revenue, prices go up like on these so called luxury ships. Someone will have to pay the price, and it will be you.

Because she took it upon herself to quit smoking because of the facts? Are you for real:confused: I applaud her........don't know why anyone wouldn't!

I applaud her for quitting - it's difficult.

But the fact that everyone keeps throwing around the over-simplied "second hand smoke kills" argument (including the entire world, not just this board) is the issue. It causes cancer after prolonged exposure. Being on a cruise ship for a week with a neighbor who smokes isn't going to cause cancerous nodes to suddenly pop up in a person's lungs.

In the end is this not about being considerate, accommodating or fair. A smoker on a single balcony will pollute

many balconies around them. It is not about anything other then smoke travels. And yes, currently it is their right to smoke.

Still having smoking permitted decreases a balcony's value to us. Spending more to get aggravated is crummy.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but put me down as voting for one side of the ship being non smoking on its balconies.

OPer, I'm with you !

I applaud her for quitting - it's difficult.

But the fact that everyone keeps throwing around the over-simplied "second hand smoke kills" argument (including the entire world, not just this board) is the issue. It causes cancer after prolonged exposure. Being on a cruise ship for a week with a neighbor who smokes isn't going to cause cancerous nodes to suddenly pop up in a person's lungs.

And that is the whole reason for the changes.

In the end is this not about being considerate, accommodating or fair. A smoker on a single balcony will pollute

many balconies around them.

You're riding on a giant pollution machine that discharges fumes into the air and depending on who the wind is blowing can pollute every single balcony on the entire ship .... and you're worried about cigarette smoke, which is inconsistent and dissipates quickly.

Forrest from the trees ...

And that is the whole reason for the changes.

Yeah, originally it was to protect bartenders and waittresses, for whom second-hand smoke was an occupational hazard. It's not an occupational hazzard for cruisers. For one thing, it's not a hazzard if it's occassional exposure and for another, it's not occupational, it's recreational.

many balconies around them. It is not about anything other then smoke travels. And yes, currently it is their right to smoke.

Still having smoking permitted decreases a balcony's value to us. Spending more to get aggravated is crummy.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but put me down as voting for one side of the ship being non smoking on its balconies.

OPer, I'm with you !

:confused: What a joke.......

Yeah, originally it was to protect bartenders and waittresses, for whom second-hand smoke was an occupational hazard. It's not an occupational hazzard for cruisers. For one thing, it's not a hazzard if it's occassional exposure and for another, it's not occupational, it's recreational.

My point was if there were no changes anywhere it wouldn't matter if you were only on a ship for a week......because it wouldn't be occassional.

Anyone with common sense knows an occassional whif will not hurt anyone........

You're riding on a giant pollution machine that discharges fumes into the air and depending on who the wind is blowing can pollute every single balcony on the entire ship .... and you're worried about cigarette smoke, which is inconsistent and dissipates quickly.

Forrest from the trees ...

This is MY experience. On my 2 cruises with a balcony ,I was

chased inside more then once by smokers. Not once by the ship.;)

Archived