gold, platinum, and titanium

captn337

Here is a link to Regent's Seven Seas Society Benefits http://www.rssc.com/society/ .

Many of us find the free, unlimited use of the internet once you Silver a huge benefit. It is particularly special since none of the other luxury lines have it. A certain amount of phone of phone usage also begins when you reach Silver level. At the moment, Regent has the richest membership rewards program in the luxury ship category.

Note: Your benefits kick in the first day of the sailing during which you will reach the next level. For instance, if your first Regent cruise is 24 nights, you will be Silver immediately as you 21st night will occur during the cruise.

Agree that the biggest benefit to me is the free internet. Phone time is also really nice, esp when one has elderly parents to check on.

The gold event on our last cruise was a special tea. It sounded pretty lame, but actually was very nice, and I was glad I went. They had a big selection of gourmet chocolates, and I was able to visit personally with Dionne, the CD, for quite a while.

I didn't even both going to our event last time, the first of our Gold cruises. It sounded fine, but it was just a cocktail party, I believe.

We would be Gold too, but unfortunately the Paul Gauguin doesn't count any more (well the first four do, just not the last two). Well, we are back on Regent again next summer and will be Gold soon. At least we have free Internet (and on the PG too!).

The biggest pleasure of being Platinum is free laundry. Two years ago in Alaska on the Mariner when we went up to Hubbard Glacier, all the GPTs were invited to come to the "front" of the ship for an up close viewing of the glacier with special hot chocolate. That may have been the nicest event I've attended. Last month on the Voyager the event was a cooking demo by two chefs: the Signatures sous chef and Assistant Executive chef and champagne was served!?!?!?!?!? I have yet to see how special that was. The chefs payed off each other well and were entertaining.

Being Platinum, I am so into agreement with Beth, free laundry is the best, as anything you send out comes back all wrapped in tissue and pressed, or on hangars as you direct. The only thing better on Titanium that I know of is free dry cleaning, at prices below your local dry cleaner if you send out and have to pay for it! I come home from my cruises with a mostly "clean" suitcase.

I do love having the paper delivered to the suite, don't know at what level that kicks in. I think Regent does a wonderful job with these perks. Makes you feel like all those $$$'s you've spent with them over the years are worth something!

As for the special "events", my favorites are those on the bow of the ship like Beth mentioned. Those cocktail parties I could do without. I do remember there are sometimes special dinners, but they just don't "stick" within my memory.

As wonderful and "rich" as I find the Regent loyalty program, they do pale in comparison with Silversea in one area. . . . laundry. If you book a Silver Suite or above, you have unlimited free laundry service. This is truly a wonderful benefit. However, even though we are only "Gold" on Regent, we receive more than enough OBCs to cover our laundry costs. As with free internet, we would not pick Regent or Silversea based on free internet or laundry. . . . it is the entire experience that really counts.

NCCruzQueen: The event you describe would indeed be memorable. Unfortunately, the Gold events we have attended have not been:-(

As wonderful and "rich" as I find the Regent loyalty program, they do pale in comparison with Silversea in one area. . . . laundry. If you book a Silver Suite or above, you have unlimited free laundry service. This is truly a wonderful benefit. However, even though we are only "Gold" on Regent, we receive more than enough OBCs to cover our laundry costs. As with free internet, we would not pick Regent or Silversea based on free internet or laundry. . . . it is the entire experience that really counts.

NCCruzQueen: The event you describe would indeed be memorable. Unfortunately, the Gold events we have attended have not been:-(

TC, I am a standard cabin sort of person. I've been in those suites on Silversea, and like on Regent, just don't find them worth the cost. You just don't make sense if you are comparing free laundry in an enhanced cabin costing thousands more. Of course you should get it when you are spending that much money! You seem to think that Silversea perks are better than Regent if the "entire experience" is better on Silversea? I don't know what your OBC's are, other than the normal ones offered to all of us through our TA's.

So, why do you continue booking on Regent if the perks are not better?? I love both SS and Regent, by the way, having sailed both, just like you.

Threechicks event sounds wonderful. For us, on some cruises in the past, the special event is a whole ship event and, when that happens, there is no other event for the gold, platinum and titanium. We have never been on a sailing where we had an event just for the gold, platinum and titanium. We didn't care as it was the other perks - phone, internet, newspaper, etc. that were appreciated. You could be disappointed if you were hoping for something more unique.

Thanks for the responses. I am silver and wanted to find out about the special events that aren't listed and it sounds like they are fun. Not just a cocktail party. Ron

Most special events are for Gold and above. One we attended was a cocktail party as we departed a port. Quite enjoyable. The second one was held in the theater (which was just about full -- loads of Gold and above on that cruise). In addition to lovely cocktails and good food, they had someone doing magic on stage. We waited for the theater to go dark and walked out. We later learned that many passengers did the same thing.

We have completed a 7 night cruise. We are scheduled for a 14 night cruise, which means our 21st night will be while we are on the cruise. Does that mean we will get free internet access for that entire cruise? How do we get this benefit set up? Who do we talk with.

Thanks

We have completed a 7 night cruise. We are scheduled for a 14 night cruise, which means our 21st night will be while we are on the cruise. Does that mean we will get free internet access for that entire cruise? How do we get this benefit set up? Who do we talk with.

Thanks

You don't have to talk to anybody. It is all automatic as your time on board the ship is tracked by Regent.

Does it say "Silver"? My impression is that the cards are jsut coloured coded. We are Gold so we get a gold coloured card (note - not a gold card!!)

The events we have been asked to have been mostly sail in's and sail aways. Nice people to meet and chat with. But not "special" really. the very top "special" event I ever went to was while we were on The Voyager, in Barcelona. Ken Watson (then with RSSC) was on board. ALL the SSS members were invited to an evening at the Picasso Museum. We had an excellent mini-tour of the Gothic quarter and then our superb guide took about 10 of us around the museum, commenting on the paintings. Then there was a cocktail. It was a lovely evening and must have cost a lot to divide all those people up into small groups with really qualified guides.

I hope we have something similar on the next cruise...

Archived