Are beverage packages now "hassle-free"?

cheffip

Has everyone's recent experience using the beverage packages gone smoothly and and hassle-free? I ask because I bought my one and only on Summit soon after they were introduced and the staff frequently brought me chits to sign with the cost of the drink included. So I was obliged to look at every receipt very closely and having to point out that I had a package resulting in more paper to be signed to reverse the charges...even a few calls to customer service. It all balanced out in the end but it was a real headache at the time. I'm assuming the staff are much more familiar with them now but wonder how often errors still occur?

But your glass is never empty, half empty or any way empty......at least that's the way we had it on Constellation in March. Worked perfectly and we got it again for our Silhouette cruise next March.:p:D

we had the premium package on our b2b last March - loved it

nothing to sign & the crew in the martini bar always had drinks ready for us

we also never had empty wine glasses at dinner & a few times at lunch!

we loved the convenience of picking up bottled water on the way out & getting those tasty frosty coffee drinks when we returned from port

on the pool deck we were always able to get bottle water or cold beer - brought right to us!

wish the other lines would add a package deal like this

Just back from Equinox, had premium pkg, only way to go for us,drinks were premium product(choice of 3different gins), wine with dinner , the sommelier always asked what we had been drinking, and what we were having for dinner. I was very impressed that he new of the wineries from our area of the Okanagan that we live in, and there were 2 wines from our area onboard.

Tips are added to the package but because you do not sign anything if you wish to tip bring some cash with you. If you have a favourite bar or waiter give him cash at the end of the cruise in an envelope. They will love you. This is just a suggestion as I have not had the package just yet.

Just back from Eclipse, we had the premium package. Never had to sign a chit, only on small mistake was made which was immediately reversed back. Enjoyed the wine and the fact we could switch between red and white at any time. We believe we did not necessarily drink more but we did drink "better" if you get my drift

There were bar service issues pool side but this was for all passengers and did not apply just to package holders - servers were mainly invisible

We also loved the premium packages on our Eclipse and Summit cruises. We never had a slip to sign, the sommelier cheerfully brought us wine matched to our dinner courses, and we had a lot of fun trying things we might not ordinarily try if we were paying by the drink. It was a pleasure to have San Pellegrino with meals, as many sodas and specialty coffees and fresh squeezed juices as we wanted, bottled water for our cabin and excursions --- really, anything we could think of. The all inclusive, no hassle feeling had a very elegant ambiance, really enhanced our trip.

You do not get a "bottle" of wine for $12. You get glasses with wines up to $12 per glass. In the dining room it seems they bring the entire bottle and leave it near your table for your use but it is poured individually. Worked for us. Nice wines, and nice to be able to have different types during dinner.

Loved the convenience and now I'm hooked on the specialty coffees.

Worked great for us and our friends. We have 10 sailing on Silhouette in March and we might be able to drink the ship dry after 12 days.:p

Enjoy

I completed an Alaskan cruise in May 2011 in the Millenium and had the classic package, and have to say that is great to drink what I wanted without worring about the bill at the end of the cruise. Everything was smooth with the exception that for some reason the package did not include the Alaskan beer, but it included Samuel Adams. I would definitly get another package when cruising with Celebrity.

I realize there are less/different selections for the Classic vs. Premium package. My question is....if you have the Classic package, will the sommelier still pour wines by the course for you (staying within what is included in the Classic package). It seems that comments about this nice service come from folks who have had the Premium. Thanks for the info:)

The pour by the glass as you require it applies to both packages, it is just that for the classic the range is more limited. It would be particularly limited in the speciality places though I know they do have wines that fall in the classic price range, just that the choice is less

We also loved the premium liquor package -- so easy and convenient. I think there may have been one mistake on our Connie cruise last March -- but considering it was 14 days, that wasn't bad and they "fixed" it right away.

I believe, but don't know for sure, the Classic package should work the same way with wine for dinner, but as you mentioned, just a different price point.

We signed up for the package on Silhouette next year already.

Lucy

What about wine with dinner? Are sommeliers allowing purchase of a bottle up to a certain price point with a package, or are we limited to by-the-glass?

I was wondering about this too. For example, if both my husband and I had the premium package and lets say you could get 5 glasses out of a bottle, shouldn't bottles up to $60 be included?

Also what about the wine/margarita tastings that you can usually go to "for a fee". Can you just show up for those too? I realize you can just order whatever you want, but sometimes it is nice to hear about the different choices.

I was wondering about this too. For example, if both my husband and I had the premium package and lets say you could get 5 glasses out of a bottle, shouldn't bottles up to $60 be included?

Also what about the wine/margarita tastings that you can usually go to "for a fee". Can you just show up for those too? I realize you can just order whatever you want, but sometimes it is nice to hear about the different choices.

An interesting point, I suppose you can just order what ever you like and ask the bartender to explain in more detail the nuances between the drinks. Maybe someone can enlighten us both.:D

Archived