Wonderful Cruise..

Rahi

I loved the Veendam. ( Oct. 2-to Bermuda). The service as always with HAL.. was second to none. I will offer just a couple thoughts.. ? I asked on this forum what people thought about which side of the ship you should pick for Bermuda..and lots said water view.. If I did this cruise again I would pick Front Street view over water view any day. First.. the water view is of such a small area of water..and there really are hardly any boats that go by ..Just my 2 cents..

We had a forward balcony room.. Spa room? I think they are called? They are fine.. but I kept hitting my legs on the end of the bed going through to other end of room! I still have bruises! The beds look extra long?..or they are just too big for the room.

Food was terrific.. and that place..(forget name).. where you don't pay .. near the Lido.. was WONDERFUL.. service, and food..

Front desk people were so nice.. I was like was that for real when I got through with them.. just so pleasant. Room service people.. seem to love delivering food..and honestly don't seem to look for tips! They head way too fast for the door. I loved the one guy..who comes, and says.. "yummy for your tummy":) Just the best workers on HAL.. Of course you have a couple that are not.. but you will alwaysss have that.. And on many other cruise lines.. (NCL, comes to mind) ..you seem to have more workers that seem mad at the world than not. Even with a Courtyard room on NCL..and all the "perks" you get with that.. could not compare to the service HAL gives you. You feel like you are in a Courtyard room.. when you just a balcony room with HAL. And I bet the inside room people feel the same.

The ages were really mixed on this cruise.. Not alot of kids.. Seemed to be alot of 30 ish couples..

I will always try to cruise on HAL.. when I can.

The beds look extra long?..or they are just too big for the room.

It's not that the beds are too big for the room---it's more the room is too small for the beds.

Glad you had a nice cruise to Bermuda. Welcome back to reality.

Archived