Thank-you Delta!

monicajay

So often people only complain about the airlines so I just wanted to share my good experience with Delta.

I received an e-mail saying my ticket for BTV-PBI on April 5th had changes. I reviewed the new itinerary and found I would be arriving 3hrs and 41 minutes later than planned. I wasn't thrilled.

I called Delta, was on hold only about 4 minutes and spoke to a very kind person who agreed that this was a huge change. Unfortunately, there was no other flight that day so they offered to change ticket to a Fort Lauderdale flight. I said that wouldn't work as I had no ride during the day but if I could travel the day before and arrive in FLL at night I could get a ride. "No problem" they replied, but we will have to transfer the call as now we have a date change and a city change. In the end I spoke to two other people who were both kind and courteous before the ticket was actually re-issued.

There was no charge and I'm very happy.

Could it be that Delta is changing? This is not the experience I've had in the past.

In this case it is not for a cruise but if it had been the change would even be more important.

So often people only complain about the airlines so I just wanted to share my good experience with Delta.

I received an e-mail saying my ticket for BTV-PBI on April 5th had changes. I reviewed the new itinerary and found I would be arriving 3hrs and 41 minutes later than planned. I wasn't thrilled.

I called Delta, was on hold only about 4 minutes and spoke to a very kind person who agreed that this was a huge change. Unfortunately, there was no other flight that day so they offered to change ticket to a Fort Lauderdale flight. I said that wouldn't work as I had no ride during the day but if I could travel the day before and arrive in FLL at night I could get a ride. "No problem" they replied, but we will have to transfer the call as now we have a date change and a city change. In the end I spoke to two other people who were both kind and courteous before the ticket was actually re-issued.

There was no charge and I'm very happy.

Could it be that Delta is changing? This is not the experience I've had in the past.

In this case it is not for a cruise but if it had been the change would even be more important.

Yes!! I also had Delta change my plan of flight . I was going to take a red eye and they changed to a day flight about a three hour diffrence. I would have never made my ship!! I am travling with my daughter and it was no problem what so ever to get us on a plan the day befor and we were going to fly into detroit. Insted they needed to ahve us fly out of Atlanta (this ment that I no longer had to worry about our trazfer out of Detriot in FEBuary.. SNOW) this new flight plan is way better. we have a whole day in FLL and get to stay over night in a great hotel!! what a way to start our vacation. Way to go Delta :*)

Delta was VERY good to us, too. The airline we had been scheduled on went out of business in the middle of our vacation!!! Talk about FREAKING OUT! I had no idea how we'd get home...what to do...so, I started calling airlines...Delta let us use this other airline's ticket and took VERY good care of us and got us home as scheduled for a VERY low fee..$25 pp. I thought that was above and beyond.

Archived