How to find if a large group is booked on a cruise

karena1

I tried the search and could not find what I want. I am shocked at how booked the 1/27 Majesty appears to be. We are going that weekend for my DH's birthday.

Is there a website you can check and see if a large group is booked on a ship for a specific date? Wondering why this date/ship is so booked up already.

Thanks

There will be "groups" on every cruise. If it was a HUGE, specialty group, it would be a charter, and you couldn't book unless you were part of the group, usually!

You can google your ship and date, and see if some travel agent site shows....most groups go thru a travel agency of some sort.

There will be "groups" on every cruise. If it was a HUGE, specialty group, it would be a charter, and you couldn't book unless you were part of the group, usually!

You can google your ship and date, and see if some travel agent site shows....most groups go thru a travel agency of some sort.

It all depends on what you consider "huge". For those of us who would rather not sail with any large group, ie bingo players, scrap bookers, motorcycle drivers you name it 300 people can be huge and that would not qualify for a charter. (By the way, I don't care if there were a lot of bingo players or the others, I am using them as an example.)

I couldn't imagine sailing on a ship with 400 square dancers in huge petticoats, but that might be fine to others. 400 of any group can or can't be a problem depending on your views.

Sometimes trying google produces no results, but many times your roll call date/ship has people mentioning if they are part of a group and many times they mention how large the group is.

I tried the search and could not find what I want. I am shocked at how booked the 1/27 Majesty appears to be. We are going that weekend for my DH's birthday.

Is there a website you can check and see if a large group is booked on a ship for a specific date? Wondering why this date/ship is so booked up already.

Thanks

Huge heavy metal group the sailing prior.....70000 Tons of Metal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/70000_Tons_of_Metal

We cruise all the time, are on Majesty a ton every year. This just looks weird as it is pretty much booked for late January! Only thing I can think of is it is the week with no playoffs. Not sure why it is so booked.

Have been on many cruises with groups, this just seems a little weird that for late January, Majesty is that full already.

We cruise all the time, are on Majesty a ton every year. This just looks weird as it is pretty much booked for late January! Only thing I can think of is it is the week with no playoffs. Not sure why it is so booked.

Have been on many cruises with groups, this just seems a little weird that for late January, Majesty is that full already.

Ya don't think that maybe some of the head bangers from all over the world on the charter just prior may be staying on for a B2B.

THE WORLD'S BIGGEST FLOATING HEAVY METAL FESTIVAL

Imagine starting the year in style. In January 2012, 40 Heavy Metal bands and 2,000 fans from all over the World will go once again to the Caribbean to take over the luxury cruise ship "Majesty of the Seas" for a 5 day and 4 night trip of a lifetime.

Make no mistake, this is not one of the cruises where you share the ship with regular cruise guests... You can enjoy tons of onboard live shows on several in and outdoor stages, open mic nights, bars that never close, a fun-and-sun-filled day on the beautiful island of Grand Cayman and an opportunity to mingle side-by-side with the artists in this incredibly fan-friendly scenario that has no comparison. It's like everyone has a backstage pass!

Ya don't think that maybe some of the head bangers from all over the world on the charter just prior may be staying on for a B2B.

Imagine starting the year in style. In January 2012, 40 Heavy Metal bands and 2,000 fans from all over the World will go once again to the Caribbean to take over the luxury cruise ship "Majesty of the Seas" for a 5 day and 4 night trip of a lifetime.

Make no mistake, this is not one of the cruises where you share the ship with regular cruise guests... You can enjoy tons of onboard live shows on several in and outdoor stages, open mic nights, bars that never close, a fun-and-sun-filled day on the beautiful island of Grand Cayman and an opportunity to mingle side-by-side with the artists in this incredibly fan-friendly scenario that has no comparison. It's like everyone has a backstage pass!

That sounds fantastic!!!!

How do I get the hearing aid concession for that cruise? :D

It all depends on what you consider "huge". For those of us who would rather not sail with any large group, ie bingo players, scrap bookers, motorcycle drivers you name it 300 people can be huge and that would not qualify for a charter. (By the way, I don't care if there were a lot of bingo players or the others, I am using them as an example.)

I couldn't imagine sailing on a ship with 400 square dancers in huge petticoats, but that might be fine to others. 400 of any group can or can't be a problem depending on your views.

Sometimes trying google produces no results, but many times your roll call date/ship has people mentioning if they are part of a group and many times they mention how large the group is.

I can tell you firsthand that it can be horrible....we were on a family cruise, (1st for my mom for her 80th birthday), there were 800 polka dancers/accordian players on board. Would have been OK, had we not hit bad weather and NOT stopped at one single port. As a result, we never picked up new entertainers at the ports. So, out of the goodness of the polka dancing/playing hearts, they took over every venue for 5 straight days, including the pool deck. We ended up locking ourselves in our cabins, thankfully balconies, to avoid non stop accordian, i.e, Lawrence Welk, music and dancing day and night. It was truly beyond horrible. So knowing if there is a group on board when you book, may be helpful knowledge....we do check now.

My friend has horror stories of accidentally booking on a Back Street Boys Cruise last year. She's from Australia and had no clue who this band was so she wasn't even remotely interested in anything BSB related and I guess the events took over most of the ship and they had pool parties almost every night until 3-4 AM (according to her). And they had the misfortune of having a cabin just below the pool deck. Needless to say it was her first and last cruise!

I really think they should have to reveal to you if your cruise is a partial-charter or if there will be a large group (500+ people) so you know. I personally wouldn't care (and would never make the mistake of booking a room right below the pool deck anyway) but other people obviously do!

My friend has horror stories of accidentally booking on a Back Street Boys Cruise last year. She's from Australia and had no clue who this band was so she wasn't even remotely interested in anything BSB related and I guess the events took over most of the ship and they had pool parties almost every night until 3-4 AM (according to her). And they had the misfortune of having a cabin just below the pool deck. Needless to say it was her first and last cruise!

I really think they should have to reveal to you if your cruise is a partial-charter or if there will be a large group (500+ people) so you know. I personally wouldn't care (and would never make the mistake of booking a room right below the pool deck anyway) but other people obviously do!

If you are in a suite or junior suite on a Radiance class ship.....chances are you will be below the pool deck. That's the deck where the S/JS cabins are. :D We were on a B2B and wished to keep the same cabin for both weeks.

The pool party the first week was fairly quiet and over by 1 AM or so. On the second week...we swear they were Clog Dancing right over our stateroom until 3AM or so. :D I put the other pillow over my head because we had an early excursion the next day. But you could certainly hear them. And not even a group.

I can tell you firsthand that it can be horrible....we were on a family cruise, (1st for my mom for her 80th birthday), there were 800 polka dancers/accordian players on board. Would have been OK, had we not hit bad weather and NOT stopped at one single port. As a result, we never picked up new entertainers at the ports. So, out of the goodness of the polka dancing/playing hearts, they took over every venue for 5 straight days, including the pool deck. We ended up locking ourselves in our cabins, thankfully balconies, to avoid non stop accordian, i.e, Lawrence Welk, music and dancing day and night. It was truly beyond horrible. So knowing if there is a group on board when you book, may be helpful knowledge....we do check now.

Oh My, this did make me laugh, I hope you see the funnier side of it now, we were on a recent Oasis cruise and there was a large 'quacker' group on it, being from the UK we didnt have a clue what Quackers are, we soon found out, especially when they started quacking during the comedy show and interuppted it to tell everyone about quacking!, still, its vacation.

Oh gosh, this is hysterical. I mean it's not, but, sorry *snort* it's pretty funny. I'm trying to think what could have been worse, but I'm drawing a blank. How long did it take you to recover? And book your next cruise?

I am wondering what is going on also. I am booked for 10/2012 and only 2 category F OV staterooms available on the entire ship (freedom)..I have done the google search and nothing comes up :confused:

What date? 10/28/12 is the high seas rally. Bikers baby! 2,000 of us.

And I do agree with another poster said. I wish RCL was able to tell other cruisers of the large groups. Not because I don't NOT LIKE any large group in particular, I would want to know to plan accordingly. Like the quakers and polka dancers, that is all fine and good. But I might choose a different week, with other groups that would fall more into my "comfort zone". But either way, it is doubtful if my cruise would be ruined by a large group. ONLY if I let it ruin it.

What date? 10/28/12 is the high seas rally. Bikers baby! 2,000 of us.

And I do agree with another poster said. I wish RCL was able to tell other cruisers of the large groups. Not because I don't NOT LIKE any large group in particular, I would want to know to plan accordingly. Like the quakers and polka dancers, that is all fine and good. But I might choose a different week, with other groups that would fall more into my "comfort zone". But either way, it is doubtful if my cruise would be ruined by a large group. ONLY if I let it ruin it.

Our sail date is Oct 7th. Not that I really mind large groups but it is hard to get connecting rooms when large groups are booking up so far ahead KWIM. I really want a balcony but with no OV/Bal connecting available we are in the family OV. I will never understand why someone would book 1 of 2 connecting rooms. If I didn't have kids I would try to AVOID connecting rooms :D

Hubby and I were on a cruise once that had a large group of swing dancers onboard. It was nearly impossible for us to get up and dance at any of the lounges because you would nearly get knocked out by these folks spinning all over the dance floor! We called them the "spinners" all week! ;)

Our sail date is Oct 7th. Not that I really mind large groups but it is hard to get connecting rooms when large groups are booking up so far ahead KWIM. I really want a balcony but with no OV/Bal connecting available we are in the family OV. I will never understand why someone would book 1 of 2 connecting rooms. If I didn't have kids I would try to AVOID connecting rooms :D

Hey, I hear you! And completely understand. Good luck in figuring it out.

• 3 months later...

Just came back from the Voyager and it had a group from the Grand Ol' Opry. With the exception of a few cowboy hats and one time saw a few with shirts from the group-I would of never had known they were on board if it was not a discussion on our roll call.

OK. Glad there's been a thread started with this subject.

Nov 25th 2012 Adventure out of San Juan is sold out according to the UK RCCL website. I have a room, part of a B2B. Would dearly love to know what is going on.

Holiday cruises (in your case Thanksgiving) are always booked up in advance.

Be prepared for a lot of families joining you.

Archived