1 adult plus niece and nephew

Station4

Hi Everyone

I'm looking to book a RCI cruise in the end of Feb (hopefully the Allure). My wife is unable to attend due to work but I have promised my niece and nephew this cruise. They are 16 and 18 years of age.

How do you go about booking room/rooms for 3 people. I can see me having to pay twice the price for my room as a single. Would consider a room for 3 but feel these kids are tall and I worry about being cramped.

Any suggestions and thoughts on other cruise lines also

Cheers

Al

You will need a room for 3, as no one can be booked into a room under 21 (varies slightly by cruise line) without an adult booked into the room as well.

So, two will pay standard fare, and on many (again, varies by cruise line) the third person pays a reduced fare.

Larger- read higher level- cabins will get you some room. As someone said on your other post asking the same question, a mini suite would be a good place to start. As far as RCI specifically, you should be researching on the RCI board here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

and on the RCI website.

You will need a room for 3, as no one can be booked into a room under 21 (varies slightly by cruise line) without an adult booked into the room as well.

So, two will pay standard fare, and on many (again, varies by cruise line) the third person pays a reduced fare.

If you really want two cabins, I believe you may be able to book minors in a cabin immediately next to or directly across the hall for their responsible adult. Two side by side inside cabins, for example. Of course, check with Royal to be sure. a cabin for three may be cheaper. Also remember, most ships have nice showers in the gym area, so somebody could get ready up there, which might ease cabin congestion if you share...

We had a D1 grade balcony cabin on Navigator of the Seas and found it to be a really nice size for the 4 of us (granted, 2 were younger kids, but still, the sofa bed is out). The JS would be really nice too if you can handle the sticker shock. Balconies are nice to give you some more room to move around, or maybe a place for the guys to hang out while the young lady is getting ready.

For sleeping arrangements, you will more than likely have a sofabed instead of an upper berth in a 3 person cabin, and you will then have the beds put in single arrangement. The sofabed we had in our cabin was really comfortable and solid feeling, and I'm quite a large guy. Not sure if RCI uses similar type of sofabeds on the Oasis class.

If you are able to book separate cabins, you'll end up paying 4 full fares, instead of 2 full and one partial, so you may want to see if you have anyone else that might be able to join you as well. Maybe a brother/sister or good friend.

Hi Everyone

I'm looking to book a RCI cruise in the end of Feb (hopefully the Allure). My wife is unable to attend due to work but I have promised my niece and nephew this cruise. They are 16 and 18 years of age.

How do you go about booking room/rooms for 3 people. I can see me having to pay twice the price for my room as a single. Would consider a room for 3 but feel these kids are tall and I worry about being cramped.

Any suggestions and thoughts on other cruise lines also

Cheers

Al

Allure in a D3 cabin would be the best for you I think. I only wish you could join us on March 25th 2012 on my birthday celebration cruise. I just hung up with the travel agent and there is still a triple cabin available in D3 category she costed it out at about $3600.00 for a total including port charges for all three the adult and the two "kids" LOL! These cabins have lots of space. Like I say my whole family is traveling and celebrating my birthday ... if you went then however you would want to bring your significant thou! :D Now I love the D3's and I think you would too ...

as an alternative and information of note to RCI lovers, Royal Caribbean International will mark another industry first with the introduction of iPad mobile digital devices in every stateroom onboard the newly revitalized Splendour of the Seas. The hottest tablet on the market empowers guests with an additional medium by which to receive, retrieve and use information on their cruise vacation. With a touch of the screen, guests will be able to access the daily Cruise Compass of events and activities; personal daily itineraries, including shore excursions; monitor their onboard account; order room service; view restaurant menus; access the internet; and watch movies. The iPads will be available beginning mid-February 2012 on Splendour of the Seas before being extended to all Vision-class ships when each undergoes revitalization in the following two years.

D3 sounds like my kind of room and not a bad price..will have to give RCi a call and see if they have that available form my cruise.

Thanks again for the info everyone

Cheers

Al

All the D category cabins would be the same I beleive, so it can be anything from a D1 up to whatever number the Allure goes to. It just means different locations. Also, when I was shopping for an Oasis/Allure cruise, it seems the Boardwalk, Central Park, and Promenade window cabins had a nice amount of space. Only drawback was these didn't have the balconies. But they were more economically priced (if such a thing can be said about cruise fares on these ships right now LOL)

Not entirely true. My three kids, age 11 and under are booked into a connecting cabin. While it's not RCL, I'm pretty sure that most lines will let you do it if the cabins are connecting and some will allow it if the cabins are next to each other but not connecting. However, I would agree that price wise the OP is most likely better off booking a single cabin or suite becasue he will be paying the single price for his own cabin.

The difference here is "my kids" versus "my niece and nephew".

Most of the time, unless the kids are on the same ship as the parents, they can be within vicinity of the cabin. The rules are different when it comes to someone else's kids, they want an adult in the room.

To the OP: I posted this under your other thread, but noticed you haven't been back over there:

Also, don't forget for the 16 year old to have notarized letters from both parents giving you permission to take him/her out of the country, as well as authorization for medical care.

Archived