Allure pictures to go with my review

shamda

Thanks for posting your pictures. They are fabulous. We are going to the Eastern Caribbean on the Allure in March 2012. It was good to see the Central Park pictures to get an idea what that neighborhood looks like - we booked a Central Park View stateroom with balcony.

This is our very first cruise. I am worried about the crowds on the ship. Hopefully, the ship will be so big that we'll barely notice it.

This is our very first cruise. I am worried about the crowds on the ship. Hopefully, the ship will be so big that we'll barely notice it.

It was our first cruise as well and I have always been kind of anti-cruise until we went. I hate crowds, hate being bored and hate being on someone else's schedule. We would always go to a destination and spend a week there. The ship is no joke. Getting on and off was super efficient (even the whole customs process). Other industries could really take a lesson from RCCI on how to deal with huge crowds. We only ever felt the crowd at the Park Cafe because it is so small and the food is very good. Other than that it was not bad at all. I don't know where all the people were but maybe they just stayed in their room or by the pool all day.

The pools were fairly crowded as was the Wave Rider. We didn't hang out by the pool much. It wasn't really that hot out when we went and we have a pool at home that we don't use anyways.

The Allure sold me on cruising but now I think that I won't like any other ship out there :)

The whole dining part took some getting used to from the real world because we weren't sure if we should just get up and leave from the MDR or say goodbye to the waiter or what. It felt weird to just leave, like I was doing a "dine and dash" or something. We sat there for a little while after dessert to watch what the other people did.

I think you will love your central park cabin. It is peaceful there and of all the public areas on the ship is probably the least crowded. I liked sitting in central park at night. Very peaceful and relaxing.

As far as the crowds, don't think because it is a big ship you will not notice the crowds. They are there and you will see them over and over again. Waiting for elevators, waiting to get into shows or dining rooms, they are just about everywhere. Believe me you will notice them. The key is will they be a nicer crowd than the one I had. Hopefully the 6000 + people you are traveling with will be nicer.

Being that this is your first cruise, I am certain you will love it. Crusing has changed over the last several years and in my opinion not for the better. One thing I did not bring up in my review was how overworked the crew is. The cabin stewards are taking care of more rooms and the waiters are taking care of more tables. They work long hours and are ripped apart by some of the not so nice passengers. It was not always like that. You can see it in their faces. They try to smile and they try to be nice, but it eats away at them. Our waiter on the last night came over to us and thanked us. I asked her, why are you thanking us, we should be thanking you? She said I want to thank you for being humble and being nice to me. Most passengers have not been nice to me and she started to cry. She tried to hide it, but she was an emotional wreck. I think that many of the crew members are getting ready to burst. I know I would have cracked a long time ago if I was one of them. If any of you pushy nasty people are reading this, please remember, you can be nicer. I am sorry to vent here, but I am trying to convey to you what my experiece was really like. I am not going to sugar coat it and say it was a vacation of a lifetime, because it wasn't. Yes the ship is great, the entertainment is great, but the cost cutting by rccl is enough already, and the nasty passengers which obviously rccl has no control over is what really maded this an exhausting trip. All that being said, you will have a great time though!

Thanks for posting your pictures. They are fabulous. We are going to the Eastern Caribbean on the Allure in March 2012. It was good to see the Central Park pictures to get an idea what that neighborhood looks like - we booked a Central Park View stateroom with balcony.

We've been on the Allure twice during the past year and frankly although one would expect to be impacted by the 6000+ guests sailing with you, there was only a time or two that we were. During the course of your normal days' activities there was very little indication that there were so many folks sailing with you. Restaurants were not over crowded (except the Windjammer which everyone seems to want to eat breakfast at - be sure to check out the restaurant activity charts on your cabin TV and see where the crowds are) and taking a walk through Central Park most days or evenings would make you think you were on a very small ship! The one or two exceptions are when the entire ship's population is in one place. Something like the Captain's Reception held in the Promenade or the 70's Disco night also in the Promenade. At other times it was hard to tell. As to specialty restaurant reservations, we had little trouble getting these on the ship. We were traveling the last time with a group of 6 and always got what we wanted. Have fun...she's a great ship!

I think you will love your central park cabin. It is peaceful there and of all the public areas on the ship is probably the least crowded. I liked sitting in central park at night. Very peaceful and relaxing.

As far as the crowds, don't think because it is a big ship you will not notice the crowds. They are there and you will see them over and over again. Waiting for elevators, waiting to get into shows or dining rooms, they are just about everywhere. Believe me you will notice them. The key is will they be a nicer crowd than the one I had. Hopefully the 6000 + people you are traveling with will be nicer.

Being that this is your first cruise, I am certain you will love it. Crusing has changed over the last several years and in my opinion not for the better. One thing I did not bring up in my review was how overworked the crew is. The cabin stewards are taking care of more rooms and the waiters are taking care of more tables. They work long hours and are ripped apart by some of the not so nice passengers. It was not always like that. You can see it in their faces. They try to smile and they try to be nice, but it eats away at them. Our waiter on the last night came over to us and thanked us. I asked her, why are you thanking us, we should be thanking you? She said I want to thank you for being humble and being nice to me. Most passengers have not been nice to me and she started to cry. She tried to hide it, but she was an emotional wreck. I think that many of the crew members are getting ready to burst. I know I would have cracked a long time ago if I was one of them. If any of you pushy nasty people are reading this, please remember, you can be nicer. I am sorry to vent here, but I am trying to convey to you what my experiece was really like. I am not going to sugar coat it and say it was a vacation of a lifetime, because it wasn't. Yes the ship is great, the entertainment is great, but the cost cutting by rccl is enough already, and the nasty passengers which obviously rccl has no control over is what really maded this an exhausting trip. All that being said, you will have a great time though!

Wow! I too was on the 12/4 Allure sailing and had a very different experience. :) There are crowds on all ships unless you're on a vessel like Seabourn Legend, etc. The crowds dispersed quickly after shows, etc. My only complaint is the size of the Windjammer but there are so many venues to eat until that wasn't an issue for me.

You took some awesome pictures and allowed me to re-live one of my best cruises. :)

glad you had a good time and that you are enjoying my pictures. I will be posting more pictures including Falmouth, Cozumel, the ice show, blue planet, the quest game, and of course I have several nice sunset pictures. Keep looking I will be updating them as I have time.

Wow! I too was on the 12/4 Allure sailing and had a very different experience. :) There are crowds on all ships unless you're on a vessel like Seabourn Legend, etc. The crowds dispersed quickly after shows, etc. My only complaint is the size of the Windjammer but there are so many venues to eat until that wasn't an issue for me.

You took some awesome pictures and allowed me to re-live one of my best cruises. :)

glad you had a good time and that you are enjoying my pictures. I will be posting more pictures including Falmouth, Cozumel, the ice show, blue planet, the quest game, and of course I have several nice sunset pictures. Keep looking I will be updating them as I have time.

I'm looking forward to viewing your pics. Again, thanks for sharing with us.

:) :cool:

Our next stop was Falmouth, Jamaica. As I mentioned before, it was a complete waste of time. RCCL built the port. It is all shopping. Just another big mall. We ventured out of the port on to the streets and were ambushed by the locals wanting to take us on tours, braid our hair and sell us junk. We quickly ran back on the ship. Some advice, if you are planning on going somewhere in Jamaica plan it through the cruise ship. I usually like to tour on my own or find tours in the internet, but for this port I would stick with ship tours.

2293096100102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2386054560102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2224608840102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2303337120102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2333418920102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for the photos!! I'll be on the Allure in November, 2012, but for the Eastern itinerary. I was on the Oasis back in May, 2011 for the Western itinerary. Falmouth looks a lot better in your pictures than when I was there, as there was still a lot of construction going on. Keep the pictures coming!

Happy New Year!

Have a great time, btw, i have all of the Compass newsletters scanned by day if anyone wants them. Just let me know and I can email them to you. I don't think i can post them here as the file sizes are about 4mb per day.

Could I please get a copy of the compasses?

~Thanks a bunch!

~Steph

wv4dmb@aim.com :D

One ofthe problems is that the RCI forum has a lot of activity and it doesn't take long for a thread to be pushed down and out of sight. I jusy found the thread and when I did I was on the third page. I usually don't get that far on the forum.

Love the pictures!

Thank you for the pics!

We are looking into staying on the Allure for two weeks in 2013!

Love how the ship had No One aboard yet when you took the pics.

There were plenty of people on board. I just made an effort to either get up very early when most were sleeping or wait until the area I was shooting was free.

I find it odd that at this point 552 people have viewed my pictures but only 1 person has commented. I can only come to the conclusion that nobody is really interested. I have several more to post but I am not going to bother if they are of no interest to this group.

What I find odd is your question and the following threat. So you think that when over 500 people view your photo thread, that equals no interest to you??? :confused: Did you really think EVERYONE was going to make a pat-on-the-back comment?

I'll admit, there are some great photos you took. But if you had followed through with you threat and didn't "bother" to post anymore, it's no loss. There are TONS of Allure/Oasis threads with pictures. :rolleyes:

My post was not a threat. It takes time to post pictures here. It is not easy. I was only stating that if there was no interest in my pictures that I was not going to take the time to post them. I can easily roll my eyes back at you.

What I find odd is your question and the following threat. So you think that when over 500 people view your photo thread, that equals no interest to you??? :confused: Did you really think EVERYONE was going to make a pat-on-the-back comment?

I'll admit, there are some great photos you took. But if you had followed through with you threat and didn't "bother" to post anymore, it's no loss. There are TONS of Allure/Oasis threads with pictures. :rolleyes:

Archived