Taking our own wine aboard?

auburn76

We have a wine group of ten people that are considering a cruise. I think I have read in the past that Princess allows groups to take thier onw wine aboard. Can anyone confrim that? We would be looking at taking 3-4 cases aboard with us.

We have a wine group of ten people that are considering a cruise. I think I have read in the past that Princess allows groups to take thier onw wine aboard. Can anyone confrim that? We would be looking at taking 3-4 cases aboard with us.

Can I come on your cruise??!!! LOL.

We routinely bring a case or more onboard and we are just two people. Yes, you can bring it onboard. If taken to the dining room, there will be a $15 corkage fee per bottle added to your shipboard account.

No problem on Princess. We took two cases on our last Princess cruise in addition to cases of bottled water and soda. Be prepared for the corkage fee, however. If they have a sommelier on board you may want to befriend him as he is the keeper of the corkscrew in the dining room, and perhaps share a glass with the head waiter and maitre d' as they may wave the fee on a bottle or two....

Rich

We routinely bring a case or more onboard and we are just two people. Yes, you can bring it onboard. If taken to the dining room, there will be a $15 corkage fee per bottle added to your shipboard account.

We're wondering about taking a few bottles onboard with us when we sail to Hawaii. Will they confiscate any wine we may purchase in the islands, even though it will be for our consumption onboard?

No problem. Here's what a couple brought onboard the Sapphire Princess a few years ago in Sydney. They just tagged it and it was delivered to their cabin.

ShoppingBasketofWine.jpg

Most Princess ships make no attempt to limit the amount of wine carried on at either the embarkation port or ports along the way. However, the Dawn Princess in September and October limited everyone to one bottle of wine at embarkation and none at the other ports.

We almost always bring bottles of wine with us on our Princess cruises. On our past few cruises, our waiters have charged us the corkage fee on every bottle brought into the dining room. On our first Princess cruises, they tended to charge the corkage fee for the first bottle or two, then forget about it the rest of the week.

Before last week's cruise on the Crown, we stopped at Total Wine in Fort Lauderdale and bought six bottles and a 3-liter box of wine. The box was for our in-cabin consumption. Our travel agent sent us another bottle. We actually had leftover wine--some in the box and a bottle--that we gave to our tablemates who were staying on for a back-to-back.

We're wondering about taking a few bottles onboard with us when we sail to Hawaii. Will they confiscate any wine we may purchase in the islands, even though it will be for our consumption onboard?

No. They will not confiscate it. In Honolulu however, they will check carefully to make sure you have wine and not booze.

We almost always bring bottles of wine with us on our Princess cruises. On our past few cruises, our waiters have charged us the corkage fee on every bottle brought into the dining room. On our first Princess cruises, they tended to charge the corkage fee for the first bottle or two, then forget about it the rest of the week.

Before last week's cruise on the Crown, we stopped at Total Wine in Fort Lauderdale and bought six bottles and a 3-liter box of wine. The box was for our in-cabin consumption. Our travel agent sent us another bottle. We actually had leftover wine--some in the box and a bottle--that we gave to our tablemates who were staying on for a back-to-back.

Agreed; the current norm seems to be charging corkage for every bottle, no matter how many "samples" you provide. I can remember when Princess hit me for the first night or two, then just forgot to charge me after that. But, their corkage fee is fair, so I don't mind paying it at all.

Agreed; the current norm seems to be charging corkage for every bottle, no matter how many "samples" you provide. I can remember when Princess hit me for the first night or two, then just forgot to charge me after that. But, their corkage fee is fair, so I don't mind paying it at all.

Our experience has been the complete opposite. We were charged every night on our most recent Princesss cruise, the Sapphire in October. Don't mind paying the corkage but it would have been nice to get one covered.

Last two cruises out of FLL, we went to total wines and bought 12 bottles (10 day cruise). They gave us a used wine shipping box for our wine and taped it up for us. I put the luggage tag on it and gave it to the baggage handlers at the port. It appeared in our stateroom in tact. We took everything out of the refrigerator and used it for our wine cooler. I had the stateroom attendant get two wine glasses and he kept them clean. We had wine on our balcony every night including sail away. Thank you Princess.

Can't believe this...fabulous news if it's ture... recently.

I thought lately they were sticking to the one bottle ; any size per person.

So I think recent cruisers are saying; you can bring many more than one bottle in your carry on or even in a wine box when you board. Going on Emerald soon with a group ans some of them will be doing cart wheels when I tell them this. Thanks for sharing any recent experinces

Can't believe this...fabulous news if it's ture... recently.

I thought lately they were sticking to the one bottle ; any size per person.

So I think recent cruisers are saying; you can bring many more than one bottle in your carry on or even in a wine box when you board. Going on Emerald soon with a group ans some of them will be doing cart wheels when I tell them this. Thanks for sharing any recent experinces

We were on the Sapphire Princess in October and brought 10 bottles with us (may have been nine by the time we got to the ship). Since this was a California Coastal trip, my husband and I visited the wine growing areas in Santa Barbara, San Francisco, Napa and even Ensenada. We replished our wine supply at each stop and probably had a total of 16 or 18 bottles with us. If taken to the dining room, you will be charged the $15 corkage fee.

We were on the Sapphire Princess in October and brought 10 bottles with us (may have been nine by the time we got to the ship). Since this was a California Coastal trip, my husband and I visited the wine growing areas in Santa Barbara, San Francisco, Napa and even Ensenada. We replished our wine supply at each stop and probably had a total of 16 or 18 bottles with us. If taken to the dining room, you will be charged the $15 corkage fee.

Thanks for replying. Love CC and people like you.

Great to know! :) Can we bring a 1.5L bottle to dinner instead of 750 ml and still only pay $15 corkage fee? Then they will just bring back that same open bottle to dinner next day etc...

With the caveat the bottle has to fit in the storage system which is not that huge. I honestly don't know how the corkage charge works for multiple corkings...

Great to know! :) Can we bring a 1.5L bottle to dinner instead of 750 ml and still only pay $15 corkage fee? Then they will just bring back that same open bottle to dinner next day etc...

Archived