wonderful cruise on Maasdam

cadu43

We just returned from the Maasdam sailing 1/27-2/6/2012. We enjoyed the smaller ship having sailed on much larger ships in the past. Not only does one get to know fellow passengers, but the ship is easy to negotiate. The service is phenomenal. Some servers at the Lido buffet know your name and what your preferences are after only a day or two. Dining room service was also good. If possible avoid table size of 8 or more as you will wait a lot longer for your meal. Smaller tables, no problem. The ship is in great shape, not showing its age. Bedding is wonderful. I have very sensitive skin and the sheets, with their high thread count, were great for me. Food was good in all locations. Some dishes better than others, of course, but we always found something to really enjoy. I had read that the desserts were not good, but I beg to differ. Lots of yummy deserts. After having sailed on many cruises, my husband and I agree we liked this one the best (perhaps tying with Holland America cruise to Alaska). Interesting ports of call. You could just plop me at Half Moon Cay and I would be in heaven with the pristine white sand beach and gorgeous ocean water.

We just returned from the Maasdam sailing 1/27-2/6/2012. We enjoyed the smaller ship having sailed on much larger ships in the past. Not only does one get to know fellow passengers, but the ship is easy to negotiate. The service is phenomenal. Some servers at the Lido buffet know your name and what your preferences are after only a day or two. Dining room service was also good. If possible avoid table size of 8 or more as you will wait a lot longer for your meal. Smaller tables, no problem. The ship is in great shape, not showing its age. Bedding is wonderful. I have very sensitive skin and the sheets, with their high thread count, were great for me. Food was good in all locations. Some dishes better than others, of course, but we always found something to really enjoy. I had read that the desserts were not good, but I beg to differ. Lots of yummy deserts. After having sailed on many cruises, my husband and I agree we liked this one the best (perhaps tying with Holland America cruise to Alaska). Interesting ports of call. You could just plop me at Half Moon Cay and I would be in heaven with the pristine white sand beach and gorgeous ocean water.

Sounds to me like you have fallen in love! Once one goes on the beautiful MS Maasdam, they get it... Glad that you enjoyed your cruise!

As a recent cruiser on Maasdam, I can attest to the fact that the desserts, which I usually don't eat, counted for my 2 pound weight gain.

Creme Brule in the Pinnacle and The Chocolate Purse in MDR , and the yummy treats in Caneletto, just to mention a few.:)

Archived