What do you do to make your room/cruise more personal

chargercouple

We decorate for our holiday cruises. We started by hanging up modest jingle bells by our door number and bringing a small Christmas tree. But last year, we used purple wrapping paper to cover our door and hung our Tiger Rag, along with Rudolph the Orange-Nosed Reindeer and some orange and white candy canes. We also brought our Clemson flag to hang on our balcony.

I think it's fun to decorate the room, especially on a longer cruise. It makes it feel uniquely yours.

Oh, one more thing, I always order fresh flowers for the cabin at the beginning of the cruise. I have found that Princess and HAL both go a terrific job with arrangements that stay fresh for the whole cruise. They really look nice on the coffee table.

I make signs for our door (they are just paper and are flat so they weigh nothing) depending the occasion or holiday. They also help to find your cabin down a hall of cabins.

I also bring on flowers at the first port (unless we are Concierge Class on X). I just ask for a vase or us a tall water glass.

The walls of most cabins are metal so little fridge magnets stick well. You can attach photos of family, pets, etc. It's also useful to post your list of activities/tours, etc.

We used to take along small strands of lights for the balcony but I have now found battery operated chinese lanterns that fold flat made out of paper. I buy them at the $ store and just throw them out after each cruise.

This just makes a run of the mill room feel more personal and special.

I wouldn't have flowers....when we sail on Ventura, there's a flower in a vase on the tea tray in the cabin.

Sailing through the Bay of Biscay, the blooming vase and flower flew round the cabin in rough weather......I binned the flower, and-guess what?

When we returned to the cabin- there was a flower back in the vase, with more water added.

This year, we put the vase up on a high shelf, then forgot and accidently knocked it over- water everywhere again....:eek:

So for the rest of the cruise the poor flower stayed waterless....:p

Jo.

Archived