Location of the best suites

In looking at the various RCCL cruises and the available suites, it seems like the majority of the best suites are directly underneath the LIDO deck or the deck with the pools, spas, and restaurants. The noise from the scraping of the chairs and afterhour cleaning would probably be quite a distraction. At least that is what I imagine.

For those who have stayed in these top of the line suites, what is the reality? Are they not as noisy as one might imagine? :confused:

Thanks for your review / experience.

Kruz Guys

Stephen and Tom

In looking at the various RCCL cruises and the available suites, it seems like the majority of the best suites are directly underneath the LIDO deck or the deck with the pools, spas, and restaurants. The noise from the scraping of the chairs and afterhour cleaning would probably be quite a distraction. At least that is what I imagine.

For those who have stayed in these top of the line suites, what is the reality? Are they not as noisy as one might imagine? :confused:

Kruz Guys

Stephen and Tom

Some of them can be noisy...on Oasis class they got smart and moved most all suites into much better locations...ie...most are now located between other guest decks instead of under public decks.

Kruz Guys

Stephen and Tom

Look again at the deck plans. Many of the ships have the suites on several decks, not just the top deck. But all are well insulated against above deck noise.

Look again at the deck plans. Many of the ships have the suites on several decks, not just the top deck. But all are well insulated against above deck noise.

Actually on most Royal ships most all suites are located directly under the pool deck (except for Jr suites..and they aren't considered "true" suite anyways)...it's only Oasis class that scattered them thu all decks.

We were in an OS (#1600) on deck 10 on Voyager last month. We really didn't hear anything from above when we were inside the suite. On a couple of nights (late) we sat outside on the balcony and we did hear movement from above - chairs being moved I think. During the day on the balcony we could hear people above. No big deal for us!

We were in the Royal Suite on Voyager in Jan and during the entire week never heard anything from above through the ceiling.

But for those underneath you.... They only heard the Piano @ 2am;)

Actually on most Royal ships most all suites are located directly under the pool deck (except for Jr suites..and they aren't considered "true" suite anyways)...it's only Oasis class that scattered them thu all decks.

While it is correct that most of the Grand, Owners, etc., are located on the top stateroom deck, I stand by my statement that not all of the suites are there. Freedom and Voyager class have Family and Royal Family suites on decks 8 & 9, Radiance class has their 2-room suites on 7,8,& 9, and Oasis class (as you mentioned) along with other suites has all of their Loft suites on 17/18 overlooking the pool / activities decks. I only pointed that out not knowing what suite in particular the OP might be looking for. And you are correct, as they are excluded from Concierge service, the Jr. suites don't really count I guess.

We have had GS 1268 on FOS 3 times and never notice much noise from above and this suite has a larger balcony so you can look up at the bump-out hot tub. The only problem we had--was some kids running in the hall ringing doorbells!!:mad: Have had more of a noise problem staying in a stern cabin--from outdoor cafe above us!

We have stayed in several GS's on Mariner, Voyager, Serenade, Freedom and Liberty, all on deck 10 under the pool or Solarium. Sometimes we hear chairs scraping during the day or early morning. Sometimes, we don't. On only one cruise we had the scraping noise at 5 AM two or three times. That was annoying. I believe the further forward you are, the less noise as you get out from under the actual lounge area above and close to the elevator area above. Also, GS's directly under the cantilevered hot tubs on Freedom class would probably get no noise, as there are no charis above. We were in GS 1268 on Mariner two weeks ago and had no noises.

My family and I are staying in the RFS on EOTS on deck 9....I also saw othe suites on the deck plans located on deck 9.

it really depends...i've been in a GS and JS under the pool and heard nothing, and then there were times when we did hear noises...including what i guess was rolling of carts at o-dark-thirty...

(and yes, i was one of the people who has been under the Royal Suite on EX and heard the piano...among other things...at all hours of the night...:eek:)

Archived