Pet Peeves

SewMuch

I got a couple more I saw at work last night:

spanx can be your friend (yep I did a fashion don't):D

If you are going bare legged in shorts,skirt or dress please landscape(shave wax whatever) and moisturize them legs as well.The woman in a beautiful outfit but no one wants to see hairy dried skin legs.

Make-up application in public.

Put it on in the privacy of your own bathroom and then leave it alone. If you have to refresh then go to the powder room (that IS why it's called that ; -) and freshen up there.

I hate seeing a woman slapping on mascara and blush and lipstick on the bus or at a table in a restaurant.

And NO, it's not ok to put it on in your car. Driving and small pointy instruments near your face are a bad idea.

The only place where I can cut slack is casual application of chapstick. But don't be sitting at a table when you do it!

And the white pumps comments made me grin. I can still remember my mama telling me (pointing out an unlucky example walking ahead of us) that I was NEVER to wear white pumps. When I asked why she just sniffed and said "City Ladies" do not wear white shoes. Ever. "Unless they are a bride."

Have to admit the only time I ever wore white shoes they were peau de soie Stuart Weitzmans... and I was getting married.

I have so many it is hard to count. lol

And I agree with whoever said something about wearing jammy bottoms out in public. I have been at the airport before and seen all family members but the Dad in them, plus the teenage girls carrying bed pillows. It wasn't like it was a 6am flight, more like 10. Just glad they weren't sitting beside of me because not sure where they were putting the pillows and their over stuffed backpacks.

Nasty feet in sandals, and I don't care how pretty the sandals are it doesn't make up for unkempt feet. Even if you don't paint your nails at least shape your toenails and moisturize your heels.

Make-up application in public.

Put it on in the privacy of your own bathroom and then leave it alone. If you have to refresh then go to the powder room (that IS why it's called that ; -) and freshen up there.

I hate seeing a woman slapping on mascara and blush and lipstick on the bus or at a table in a restaurant.

And NO, it's not ok to put it on in your car. Driving and small pointy instruments near your face are a bad idea.

The only place where I can cut slack is casual application of chapstick. But don't be sitting at a table when you do it!

And the white pumps comments made me grin. I can still remember my mama telling me (pointing out an unlucky example walking ahead of us) that I was NEVER to wear white pumps. When I asked why she just sniffed and said "City Ladies" do not wear white shoes. Ever. "Unless they are a bride."

Have to admit the only time I ever wore white shoes they were peau de soie Stuart Weitzmans... and I was getting married.

Hi Sarah, your make-up scenerio? One of my co-workers? She is

about 26..she comes into the office every day (or almost every

day) and does her make up at her desk:rolleyes:....it is not my place to

say anything (I am not her boss) but I just always wonder...why

don't you put your makeup on BEFORE you come to work?:confused:

It is not really a pet peeve but I have no desire to sit at my

desk and put my make up on.......

mmmm jammies in public, I have been fantasizing all winter about getting out of the pool at our local rec centre and just putting on my cozy flannelette jammies to go home in. I see the mums putting their toddles in them and it looks just so inviting. I suppose a grown woman driving around in yellow jammies with penguins on is a fashion no no. At least I can still wear my swimsuit with snowmen in the pool on days when it snows :D

Cheers, h. ( I am enjoying this thread)

I know this one won't be popular, but I hate Hate HATE flip flops at work. I don't care how "dressy" they are, I should not know where everyone in the office is by the sound of "flap flap flap" as they walk around.

I know this one won't be popular, but I hate Hate HATE flip flops at work. I don't care how "dressy" they are, I should not know where everyone in the office is by the sound of "flap flap flap" as they walk around.

I guess you would not like anyone in my office. I live in Florida

and all the gals wear some type of "flip-flops" during the spring and

summertime. Whether it is a slide, thong style, etc or just a sandal?

We have 5 gals and 2 guys along with an Ops Manager and branch

Manager.......the gals? Sandals all the time;) I am not offended

either.

I'm glad that nobody (at least verbally) was offended. It's not a rule, just my pet peeve. I work in a law office and I guess I'm old enough to remember being sent home for not wearing hose (yes, there was a time), so the flap flap flap around the office just hits me wrong. LOL Of course, my feet won't wear flip flops, so maybe I"m just jealous.

Please, for the love of all that is holy don't send them to Vickie's. Send them to a corsetry shop. Some place like Mi-Lady or Lady Grace, staffed by two women that are older than Moses' toes and wear the firmest shapewear you ever saw. They call you "Dearie" and take you to a changing room, measure you, and then bring bras to you. And the numbers on the bras don't match the numbers on the tape and they tell you it doesn't matter because "The one that fits is the size you wear". And when you finally step out of the dressing room, after four bras or forty, and the girls are sitting up proud on your chest and the underwire doesn't dig and you wonder WHAT TOOK SO LONG. And then they ring you up and it's $235 for three bras (if you're lucky!).

THAT is where they need to go.

I just want to whole heartedly agree with you.

Some of the problems come because VS (and many other stores) don't offer sizes as large as many need and yet thecustomer wants the pretty bra so they "make" them fit thinking that they look cute in their pretty little lacey number with no support.

My biggest Pet Peeve????

Sweaters on Dogs. :D

You would hate one of my dogs then, shes a Mini English Bull Terrier and she has her own walk in wardrobe. She is allergic to life not limited to dust, wool, cotton, other dogs, cats, cleaning fluids all cause her to scratch until she bleeds. So she wears clothing 24/7 to keep most things from touching her.

My pet peeves, pants that hang around the knees and I hate HATE HATE sleevless t-shirts wifebeaters whatever you want to call them, on any male of any age.

OK - getting back to cruising...related to overweight, balding guys in Speedos...I would hate to see old ladies (like 70 plus) with bikinis on, sporting their plastic surgery bodies. Saw a pic on Facebook of an example of this...Ewwwww!

I hate HATE HATE sleeveless t-shirts wife beaters whatever you want to call them, on any male of any age.

Oh I think it's sexy in the right situation. My hubby comes home from a dress up night and peels off his suit jacket and button down and the wife beater and suit pants look disheveled and hot.

Oh I think it's sexy in the right situation. My hubby comes home from a dress up night and peels off his suit jacket and button down and the wife beater and suit pants look disheveled and hot.

agreed. :D:D:D

Please, for the love of all that is holy don't send them to Vickie's. Send them to a corsetry shop. Some place like Mi-Lady or Lady Grace, staffed by two women that are older than Moses' toes and wear the firmest shapewear you ever saw. They call you "Dearie" and take you to a changing room, measure you, and then bring bras to you. And the numbers on the bras don't match the numbers on the tape and they tell you it doesn't matter because "The one that fits is the size you wear". And when you finally step out of the dressing room, after four bras or forty, and the girls are sitting up proud on your chest and the underwire doesn't dig and you wonder WHAT TOOK SO LONG. And then they ring you up and it's $235 for three bras (if you're lucky!).

THAT is where they need to go.

I don't have any bra shops like that anywhere nearby, (wish I did) but I have to agree on the VS. The only time I got up the nerve to go get a fitting, I went there, because of reputation.

Terrible lackadasaical uninterested clerk who was perhaps 20 at most and clearly thought anyone over age 29 was a waste of time (I was early 50's). Kind of measured me, threw a few bras in, asked if I liked one. On my own, I decided one was ok, another 2nd best.

The best (worst)? They didn't have either bra in my so-called size! What? What was I trying on? Train your people!

I wore the same size bra for years and while I was in VS I had a 20-something salesperson offer to measure me. She came up with a size that was only available online, and I decided to order one -- and it really did fit better! So I would not immediately dismiss advice just because it came from someone without the best customer service skills.

My biggest pet peeve is with certain clothing manufacturers. I hate it when I buy a white shirt and the black tag is visible through it. To make it worse the tag is sewn into the seam so it's almost impossible to cut out. I have three new light colored shirts that I'm carefully removing the tags from. :(

Dear Fashion Industry: Please stop trying to convince me that empire-waist shirts/tunics/dresses look good on short, fat, busty women. They didn't the last time, or the time before that. They won't next time either. I don't want to look pregnant when I am not.

Dear Fashion Industry: Please stop trying to convince me that empire-waist shirts/tunics/dresses look good on short, fat, busty women. They didn't the last time, or the time before that. They won't next time either. I don't want to look pregnant when I am not.

LOL, you have some of the best posts and I am really enjoying them. :)

Archived