Is it hard to go back to MDR after specialty?

Not sure if on our first cruise we will do one night specialty or not. Am kinda afraid it will be so good it will spoil the MDR or windjammer for us after that?

Opinions?

Thanks

I had no problem at all going back to the MDR after enjoying a FINE meal at Chops :) In fact, I actually missed our waiters and tablemates the night I went to Chops!

Not sure if on our first cruise we will do one night specialty or not. Am kinda afraid it will be so good it will spoil the MDR or windjammer for us after that?

Opinions?

Thanks

The specialty restaurants are quite good in my experience but, IMHO will not spoil the MDR experience. I look at it as a little change of pace for one or two nights of the cruise.

I might not do it on a first cruise--enjoy the whole MDR experience the first time around, and, since you'll probably be hooked on cruising, you'll have plenty more opportunities to try the specialty restaurants later. We did Portofino on AOS on our first cruise and were actually disappointed with it. On Oasis, we did the lunch at Giovanni's and found it lovely and a great way to spend our last day at sea enjoying a relaxing meal. But the MDR lunches on at-sea days were often just as good (on FOS) as specialty dining that was at an extra cost.

Opinions?

Thanks

It will likely be very good, but won't spoil either MDR or WJ for you if you already like the food. It'll just be better.:)

Opinions?

Thanks

Although the analogy is not good, your question is the same as asking whether going to a Michelin 5 star restaurant spoils the dining experience at other restaurants. The experiences are different but both can be good.

DON

Of course it won't "spoil" you! There's no comparison between a nice restaurant, and a buffet! If you enjoy the dining room food, then stick with it.....if the MDR disappoints, then try the specialty....otherwise, save your $$!

I wouldn't worry about that.

We've done specialty restaurants and yes they were great. We've eaten in Windjammer and MDR...had great meals at both. It's honestly rare to have a "bad" meal in the MDR. I'm not saying it can't happen, but I'm saying I wouldn't worry about it. The meals aren't THAT much better in the specialty restaurants.

Enjoy and don't worry.

The specialty restaurants are a nice change but it's not something to do every night. I consider it like a special occasion. At home, my husband and I go out for a nice meal for special occasions but we still eat at Chilis or get some local Tex-Mex occasionally. It's all about variety.

Archived