Elite Lounge?

slomotion

We usually go most most nights. We have met some great people at this function. It is so relaxing to sit back and watch the wake as the world rolls by. We have AT dining so it works well for us. Actually it is a little early but we adjust. The DOD is usually very good.

Last month I was never asked for my card when entering, so I did not need to sneak in or lie about it. Had I been asked by anyone I would have surely told the thruth.
If you've earned the perk by being Platinum, Elite or booked a full suite, you shouldn't have to sneak in. If asked, I'm sure you would have showed them your card. Nothing to lie about.

It is pretty much open to anyone who shows up. Usually there is just a sign on a table somewhere that says elite lounge. If there is someone there just tell them you are in a suite as you walk in.

Not when we were on the Ruby in April. The first night we showed up we were asked to present the invite/schedule/menu which was in our suite at embarkation. The following nights we were not asked for our invite, but the waiters were the same all nights, so they recognized us. We used the lounge about 4 evenings out of a 7 day cruise. It was a nice perk, very relaxing and a great way to start the evening. We found the food offered to be plentiful and very tasty. We were not disappointed.

Nobody seems to mention the suite perk of breakfast in Sabatini's. We did that every morning without fail.

We just returned from the Emerald's TA and were disappointed that they had moved the event down to Fusion. It was much better when it was located at Skywalkers with a more congenial seating arrangement. I realize that there are now such large numbers of Elites and Platinums which made the space too small. However, it has backfired because we only went once and others also did not attend as often as when it was at Skywalkers. Not sure what the solution is, but sitting in the dark atmosphere of Fusion just isn't very inviting.

...I realize that there are now such large numbers of Elites and Platinums which made the space too small. However, it has backfired because we only went once and others also did not attend as often as when it was at Skywalkers.

Sounds like the old Yogi Berra quote: "Nobody goes there any more. It's too crowded!"

As for sneaking in...I don't get it. Why try to cheat the system when all you are getting is the option of buying a cocktail and some free food? You can buy a cocktail at no fewer than a dozen other places on the ship and free food is all around you. If they were pouring free Dom Perignon, then I could see the why people would try to sneak under the tent. But the offerings don't warrant the trouble. Seems to me (without actually ever having been to the Elite Lounge), that the real "benefit" is the opportunity to meet and greet with other well-traveled Princess loyalists. I definitely can see the benefit in that. But if you sneak in and start up a conversation with the true Elites, you will quickly be exposed as a cheat and probably scorned. Why risk the embarassment? Is it really worth it to sit by yourself with your free cheese with your head on a swivel hoping that no one has detected your ruse? Too much stress while on vacation. Hopping off the soap box now.:)

If you've earned the perk by being Platinum, Elite or booked a full suite, you shouldn't have to sneak in. If asked, I'm sure you would have showed them your card. Nothing to lie about.

As I stated previously, I was invited up there by the staff, otherwise I would have never gone up there. I'm sure they saw my Gold card though when I ordered drinks.

As I stated previously, I was invited up there by the staff, otherwise I would have never gone up there. I'm sure they saw my Gold card though when I ordered drinks.
If an officer invited you, that's fine. :)

Not when we were on the Ruby in April. The first night we showed up we were asked to present the invite/schedule/menu which was in our suite at embarkation.

I am surprised anybody carries the invite with them. I would assume that almost everybody leaves it in their cabins.

I am surprised anybody carries the invite with them. I would assume that almost everybody leaves it in their cabins.

I never carry my invite, but I was asked on one cruise to show my cruise card one time upon entering Skywalkers. I was asked in a very friendly and respectful manner. Like many others, I do not believe that people should take advantage of perks not entitled to them. I, also, feel that Princess should do a better job of politely monitoring those perks that they give to passengers. These are perks that I earned. It is not fair to indiscriminately wave requirements.

If an officer invited you, that's fine. :)

It was not officer, but it must have been fine, otherwise I would not have been invited. While I am a super special kind of guy, :), they would not take the chance of hurting their employment status just to have me up there. I can honestly tell you I asked many times before going up there whether there was any possiblility of any of them getting in trouble for having me up there. It was only after they convined me that there would be not problem did I go up there. No way I would take any chance of hurting these good people just to go up there and pay those high prices for drinks.

If you are travelling with family who are not Elite, can you take them into the Elite lounge? Can they partake of any of the food etc?

Where is the Elite lounge on Grand ?

Many thanks.

If you are travelling with family who are not Elite, can you take them into the Elite lounge? Can they partake of any of the food etc?

Where is the Elite lounge on Grand ?

Many thanks.

Yes, you can take them with you... within reason. If you're traveling with two other people who aren't Elite, I don't see a problem. If you're traveling with 20, that would not be OK.

What I've done in the past when traveling with family members or friends who weren't Platinum or Elite is to sit near the section roped off for the "lounge" and go and get a small plate of goodies for the group. I didn't feel comfortable sitting in the area that's designated for those who have earned the perk nor did they feel comfortable.

• 1 year later...

We love it. We have found Elite lounges are often empty, and no-one goes. In Australia we wear lanyards with our cruise card hole-punched. Every one can see your card - and if you are Elite - so you dont get asked for it. I notice on Princess in UK and in USA & Sth America - the locals carry their cruise card in their wallets. Aussies lock their wallets in the safe - you dont need it. Cruise card on a lanyard.

Sounds like the old Yogi Berra quote: "Nobody goes there any more. It's too crowded!"

As for sneaking in...I don't get it. Why try to cheat the system when all you are getting is the option of buying a cocktail and some free food? You can buy a cocktail at no fewer than a dozen other places on the ship and free food is all around you. If they were pouring free Dom Perignon, then I could see the why people would try to sneak under the tent. But the offerings don't warrant the trouble. Seems to me (without actually ever having been to the Elite Lounge), that the real "benefit" is the opportunity to meet and greet with other well-traveled Princess loyalists. I definitely can see the benefit in that. But if you sneak in and start up a conversation with the true Elites, you will quickly be exposed as a cheat and probably scorned. Why risk the embarassment? Is it really worth it to sit by yourself with your free cheese with your head on a swivel hoping that no one has detected your ruse? Too much stress while on vacation. Hopping off the soap box now.:)

You said it all! I totally agree with your remarks. Who would anyone try to sneak into an area that is selling 1 drink at $5 plus offering some snacks when you can go anywhere on the ship and get your drink of choice for maybe a BUCK or so more and find much more food selections?

I really don't see how they can call this an Elite Lounge/benefit. That is why very few people go to this marked off area on the ship.

Edited by Oxo

Maybe they should do what Royal Caribbean does. They have a Concierge Lounge for those in Grand suites and above and Pinnacle guests. They serve complimentary cocktails or wine and appetizers in the evening. The Concierge lounge is always available. Room keys for those eligible to use the lounge are pre-set. No need to check ID or worry about others crashing the party for the free drinks.

They also serve Continental breakfast there as well as a food presentation around lunchtime. You can also have complimentary espresso, cappucino, hot chocolate, etc. 24 hrs a day. They have a separate diamond event every evening for Diamond and Diamond + members. On newer ships and during remodels they are adding Diamond lounges.

Suite guests also can get a cooked to order breakfast and lunch in one of the alternative dining venues daily. It is a wonderful system along with the reserved chairs at the pool, theater and ice shows for those in suites. The room keys are gold in color for those eligible for the suite perks and they do check at the pool and and other reserved seating venues and ask guests to leave who are not entitled to the perks.

It is pretty much open to anyone who shows up.

No, it's not. While most of the time there isn't anyone at the door to check, it's not open to anyone who shows up.

If there is someone there just tell them you are in a suite as you walk in.

What a disturbing comment!! So sad to see someone on CC with such a lack of character. :(

We really enjoy this time of relaxation before going to dinner. The food is excellent and we love sitting up there in Skywalker's to watch sailaway. I've never seen anyone checking cruise cards and there's usually fewer than 20 people in the room. Love this perk!

Edited by Go-Bucks!

Sample Elite, Platinum and Suite pre- dinner drinks and hors d’oeuvres

Princess Cruises

escape completely

WE welcome you to join us on specialty selected

evenings this cruise between the hours of 5:00pm and

7:00 pm in the (selected area of your ship) for drink specials

and complimentary pre dinner hors d’oeuvres.

Sunday

Shrimp Fountain with American Cocktail Sauce

Cocktail of the Evening

Cosmopolitan $5.00

Monday

Smoked Salmon with Toast Points.

Onion Rings, Capers and Lemon

Cocktail of the Day

Chairman of the Board $5.00

Tuesday

Wheel of Stilton with Port Wine

Walnut Baguette

Cocktail of the Day

Port Wine $5.00

Thursday

Herb-Marinated Goat’s Cheese

w/ Crisp Rosemary Flatbread

and Tomato Bruschetta

Cocktail of the Day

Brezza Marina $5.00

Friday

Freshly Made Guacamole

With Tortilla Chips

Cocktail of the Day

El Mejor Margarita $5.00

Saturday

Assorted Sushi with Soy Sauce

Wasabi and Pickled Ginger

Cocktail of the Day

Japanese Slipper - $5.00

Sunday

Beef Steak Tar tare

With Melba Toast

Cocktail of the Day

Chivas Regal Rob Roy $5.00

Monday

Authentic Mexican Salsa

With Tortilla Chips

Cocktail of the Day

Mojito - $5.99

It is pretty much open to anyone who shows up. Usually there is just a sign on a table somewhere that says elite lounge. If there is someone there just tell them you are in a suite as you walk in.

We've had our cards checked very carefully on some ships and on others, no one ever checked them. Once, we had a crew member tell us, "This is for Elites only!". lol