the computers in the internet cafe

2pineinn

Can the computers in the internet cafe be used to down load pictures from our camera to other forms of storage? or are they only for internet use. NCL

I think that would not be allowed. I've seen card readers at several computers (Princess Ships). These allow you to pull pictures off sd cards for emailing. What you might do is check with the photo department. I'm sure for whatever fee they would charge, they could do it.....:):):)

Bob

Every ship I've seen and most public accessible computers usually have all input devices blocked except for the keyboard/mouse. The reason is if the allowed SD/CF cards, DVD/CD inputs the risk to putting virus or other nasties are very high.

THe photo department always offers the burn to CD/DVD service, but for the cost of that one can usually buy 32GB of memory or more.

Can the computers in the internet cafe be used to down load pictures from our camera to other forms of storage? or are they only for internet use. NCL

By no means am I suggesting this, because I've learned the hard way not to overpack...but there are some tablet computers and certainly netbooks that have SD slots, that you could take with you. Last year, I brought my daughter's old netbook with me, and used it mostly to email from my cabin, at my leisure...but as backup storage, it worked too. BUT, I had the weight of the little notebook as well as the darn power supply to deal with. It was a mixed blessing, although I really appreciated having it with me when in our hotel room in Rome when I really had access to decent wi-fi.

I do not think it will work on NCL ships...you'll just see the keyboard and mouse. You can go to the photo gallery, as mentioned. You might find an internet cafe on shore for a decent price. I take an iPad for internet and kindle app, so I back up and view pics on it. Or take extra cards and do it when you get home.

Archived