Shareholder Benefits

Hobbes67

Is anyone else having problems getting their shareholder on board credits? I have contacted them 3 times, the last time they said I would have them by this last Friday, and still nothing.

Is anyone else having problems getting their shareholder on board credits? I have contacted them 3 times, the last time they said I would have them by this last Friday, and still nothing.

Recently it has taken up to 3 weeks to issue the SOBC & probably due to their workload they are only accepting them after final payment.

What do you need to do to show them you own stock in ccl, to get the credit? How much is it?

You need to show proof of ownership which is usually a copy of a recent statement from your stockbroker listing the stock (minimum of 100 shares), the date of the statement, and your name and address.

If you have just purchased the stock, then a copy of your purchase confirmation.

For cruises under 7 days, the OBC is $50

For 7-13 days, the OBC is $100

For 14 or more days, the OBC is $250

Only one stockholder's OBC to a stateroom no matter how many stockholders are in that stateroom.

Edited by caribill

You need to show proof of ownership which is usually a copy of a recent statement from your stockbroker listing the stock (minimum of 100 shares), the date of the statement, and your name and address.

If you have just purchased the stock, then a copy of your purchase confirmation.

For cruises under 7 days, the OBC is $50

For 7-13 days, the OBC is $100

For 14 or more days, the OBC is $250

Only one stockholder's OBC to a stateroom no matter how many stockholders are in that stateroom.

They also require your booking number. The stock owner statement cannot be copy and pasted. It should be PDF.

We have always just scanned our statement and e-mailed it to our travel agent who deals with it. That is also what we did with our DD-214s for our Military Service OBC.

The shareholder credit needs to be updated quarterly, but the military service credit is permanent once it is attached to your record.

While I always am the one who finds the smoking deals on cruises and arranges our flights, hotels and ground transportation, I like using a travel agent to deal with stuff like OBC and research the answers to random questions that occur to me as I am planning our travel.

We do so love travel. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I sent in my request via email (attached current broker statement), didn't receive an email confirmation (usually I do), waited almost three weeks and sent a second request via e-mail. No acknowledgement/response from the second e-mail request. My cruise is this Sunday, I called them this morning (3 days before cruise), a nice person from Booking Support looked up my booking # and confirmed it was applied, she was surprised that I never received an email (she even confirmed my email address w/me). She stated she would send me an email confirmation which I did receive within a few minutes after the phone call.

I called the phone # that was provided on the Carnival Corporation & PLC Shareholder Benefit document which was: 1-800-872-6779 ext 30317 (you have to input the extension #). This is Booking Support extension #.

Sue from Suisun City, CA

It took my request a little longer for our upcoming cruise--nine days--than for our previous cruises--within a week if I sent everything correctly to start with. My travel agent made a note to check on it a week I sent in the info. I'm not sure if that's what spurred them into processing it a couple of days later or if he just looked at my booking to see if it had been applied.

I received the notice that it had been applied to my booking--and then my TA confirmed it after I told him about the notice.

Any time you cruise with any of the lines owned by Carnival Corp, you get an onboard credit. If the cruise is less than 7 days, it is $50, 7 to 13, it is $100 and 14 or longer will get you $250. This OBC is combinable with others.

You must own at least 100 shares. You must apply for the benefit for each cruise. One credit per cabin.

they are slow at getting back to you. it took about 3 weeks and two emails to get a reply and an email confirming my credits

Edited by mikjr
sp

No. You or your son would have to have a second 100 shares in a different account.

Each account can only get one OBC per cruise. Doesn't matter how many names are on the account or how many shares as long as 100 or more.

Over the last 4 months I have e mailed with the necessary attachments 4 times and although my e-mail programme is set to request a confirmation receipt I have not had any confirmations nor replies so far

This is far longer than it took in the past Being in Australia phone calls are not the way to go and as it is an American based cruise I have to go to the USA head office

We recently booked a last minute Alaskan cruise on the Golden – booked only 2 weeks before sailing. I submitted my request via email with a scanned copy of my statement. I did not hear from Princess before we sailed. I took a copy of my stockholder statement with us. Immediately upon embarking, I went to the purser’s desk. They had no record of my earlier request, but copied my statement and sent it to corporate. I had my credit in a few days.

Any time you cruise with any of the lines owned by Carnival Corp, you get an onboard credit. If the cruise is less than 7 days, it is $50, 7 to 13, it is $100 and 14 or longer will get you $250. This OBC is combinable with others.

You must own at least 100 shares. You must apply for the benefit for each cruise. One credit per cabin.

Is this in addition to other OBC you may get?:confused:

Pax et bonum,

Kevin

They do not want to receive paperwork until after final payment..

.usually 60 ish days out..it might just be you are too darn early as it looks like your cruise is not till November.

Wait till after final payment or 60 days out to check to see if it was applied...it simply looks like it is too early...also they stated in the paperwork, they wanted a share statement issued within 90 days of the sailing date...so again...if you are cruising in November....you prob will have to resubmit a more current statement!

Good luck, don't bother calling...(IF the cruise is in November...)

Bernadette