Taking alcohol on board a RCCL.

Juls202

You can find the answers easily to these basic questions by going directly to your cruiseline's webpage. RCI does not allow you to bring your own alcohol onboard:

con_bulletgray_ico.gifGuests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports of call or from onboard shops will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Royal Caribbean's Guest Conduct Policy may be enforced, up to and including disembarkation, if a guest violates any alcohol policy. Guests under the age of 21 will not have alcohol returned to them.

con_bulletgray_ico.gifGuests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy

I always liked the phrase "for consumption or any other use". What other use does a beverage have?? :rolleyes: I suppose that keeps people from saying things like, "I'm bringing it onboard to give to a friend" or something like that. But I sill chuckle at that one.

We are going on a Royal Carribean Cruise this summer and was wondering about bringing a bottle of liqueur with us. Will we be allowed to take a bottle on board?

No, not when you are boarding at your departure port. It will be taken away and you might not get it back. If you purchase some while in a port of call Royal Caribbean will take it as you board and store it for you until the end of the cruise. It will be given to you usually on the last night of the cruise.

We did take wine on Oasis and we didn't hide it! I had it in my carryon beach bag. The people at the port donot work for the cruise line, they are port authority employees and nothing was ever said. I like to have wine in my cabin, and then we always buy drinks on the ship & in the diningroom. We have always taken wine on all the ships we've sailed on. :D

So you're saying it wasn't detected when your bag passed through the scanner? :confused:

Not all security people are as diligent as RCI would like. It may not have been noticed or it may have been ignored.

Put it in your checked luggage and you'll get a free excursion to the "Naughty Room" :D

An interesting experience, but no great problem.

A cordial interview in convivial surroundings - here's a picture of the naughty room on Oasis of the Seas.

http://goeurope.about.com/od/luxembourg/ig/beaufort-castle-luxembourg/beaufort-castle-luxembourg-9.htm

JB :D

An interesting experience, but no great problem.

A cordial interview in convivial surroundings - here's a picture of the naughty room on Oasis of the Seas.

http://goeurope.about.com/od/luxembourg/ig/beaufort-castle-luxembourg/beaufort-castle-luxembourg-9.htm

JB :D

Yes.. it wasn't like a visit to the "brig or gallows"...My DH actually enjoyed it. Seeing the array of confiscated items (ours was a travel iron some years ago) and given a claim check to reclaim our item at the end of cruise....The only problem was...when that particular bag wasn't delivered we were worried/stressed it had been left behind or misplaced...It wasn't until 9:00pm that we got the invitation to go below...agree not so bad..and a good story he likes to tell :D

Archived