Pinnacle grill or Mdr

sdnich

I am on just a four day cruise from vancouver to San diego and am wondering if the Pinnacle grill is that much better than the Mdr. I have seen the menu to the Pinnacle grill and it looks great and don't mind paying but just wondering if it is worth it?? we have a deluxe veranda suite so we could have our dinner from mdr on deck or in restaurant for our anniversary dinner .So just trying to decide ? this is our first Hal cruise and I am sure all the food is good but I just would appreciate some input.:)

Absolutely, it is worth it. If you don't want to spend a great deal of money, do the lunch instead, it is awesome and then you can enjoy dinner in your room from the MDR for your anniversay. Congratulation and have a great cruise.

First, the atmosphere in the PG is much quieter....more romantic if you wish. The service will be what you would expect in a fine restaurant, done more elegantly than in the MDR. Finally, your food will be prepared especially for you, just like in a fine restaurant, rather than pulled from the MDR production line, and will be fantastic. For a special occasion like an anniversary, if the cash is not an issue the PG would be the clear choice.

Did you request a table for two in MDR?

That could be a deciding factor for you on your anniversary....... you might prefer the privacy of a two top you would have in Pinnacle but may not have requested/been assigned in MDR.

i just booked the Pinnacle . thanks for the input .We also just switched last week from an eight top to a two top in the MDR for the other nights. I look forward to all of our dinners and I believe we get breakfast in the mdr because of our room type. I can't believe I am planning my meals this far in advance :p

I am on just a four day cruise from vancouver to San diego and am wondering if the Pinnacle grill is that much better than the Mdr. I have seen the menu to the Pinnacle grill and it looks great and don't mind paying but just wondering if it is worth it?? we have a deluxe veranda suite so we could have our dinner from mdr on deck or in restaurant for our anniversary dinner .So just trying to decide ? this is our first Hal cruise and I am sure all the food is good but I just would appreciate some input.:)

A few years ago I would have said don't bother, but on a recent Maasdam cruise we had one of the best dinners ever at the Pinnacle. Unfortunately this restaurant has been plagued with ship to ship inconsistency.

But the new menu entices with great choices and for the price I think one dinner and/or one lunch would be well worth it. The reports we get now indicate a much higher level of satisfaction and consistency - it is a lovely dining spot and it will make for a special evening. I'd do it.

PS: I see now you already "did it". Good choice. I think you will have a very nice time.

i just booked the Pinnacle . thanks for the input .We also just switched last week from an eight top to a two top in the MDR for the other nights. I look forward to all of our dinners and I believe we get breakfast in the mdr because of our room type. I can't believe I am planning my meals this far in advance :p
Good choice.:) And actually, if you are in a Deluxe Suite, you get to have breakfast in the PINNACLE each morning if you choose. A terrific DLX SUITE PERK.:):)

You can also ask your concierge to reserve one of the "honeymoon" tables in the MDR for other nights.

Cheers!

Good choice.:) And actually, if you are in a Deluxe Suite, you get to have breakfast in the PINNACLE each morning if you choose. A terrific DLX SUITE PERK.:):)

You can also ask your concierge to reserve one of the "honeymoon" tables in the MDR for other nights.

Cheers!

This is a new one I've not heard of........

What is a "honeymoon table"?

Good for you! I was going to suggest, especially for an Anniversary celebration, that you treat yourself to the best the ship has to offer. But I do admit I am considering not booking the Pinnacle for my next cruise. I really do enjoy the service and food in the MDR. But I am pleased pretty easily.

Planning is half the fun to me!

This is a new one I've not heard of........

What is a "honeymoon table"?

The "Honeymoon Tables" are two tops on Vistas and Signatures that are located in the two rear corners of the dining rooms. Due to the layout, and some construction features- pillars and wait stations- they are very private- relatively. We have had them the last three cruises. You can request them if in Anytime Dining, and in a Suite, and work with the Concierge in the Neptune. They might be Tables 122 and 124 on the Vistas and Signature ships, but don't quote me on that.

The "Honeymoon Tables" are two tops on Vistas and Signatures that are located in the two rear corners of the dining rooms. Due to the layout, and some construction features- pillars and wait stations- they are very private- relatively. We have had them the last three cruises. You can request them if in Anytime Dining, and in a Suite, and work with the Concierge in the Neptune. They might be Tables 122 and 124 on the Vistas and Signature ships, but don't quote me on that.
These are (apparently) in high demand but we were able to arrange one through the concierge on our last HAL cruise for formal night. Very intimate.:) I was only aware of them from someone posting here on CC.

Thanks. I had no idea where those tables were located.

We're always seated toward the front of the upper level of the dining room. We have a few tables we request at the forward part of the MDR.

I would do Pinnacle at least once, on our last 7 day cruise we did it 3 times and Cannelto twice, MDR is good but not as good as Pinnacle. We will eat in suite once in a while but never tried it for dinner.

These are (apparently) in high demand but we were able to arrange one through the concierge on our last HAL cruise for formal night. Very intimate.:) I was only aware of them from someone posting here on CC.

They were recommended to us by a Neptune Lounge Concierge. Have requested the tables ever since.

Certainly, well worth the up charge.

Wouldn't want to do it on a nightly basis. The menu is the same every night.

If the menu changed a little more I might consider doing this every night, but as good as there steaks are I really do not want that every night, just a little too much food for me.

Archived