Guy’s Burger Joint ?

kakarp

Old Soul if you want to call me party pooper because I hate fast food type foods and won't eat unhealthy greasy burgers so be it lol more for you please. LOL

Quilting_Cruiser your absolutely correct, he does go to places on tv that my parents go to for years. My parents many times tell me about a place they go to for years or been there that Guy visits. I do have to admit my parents idea of a good meal is different than mine...by the way, dad had a quintriple bypass a year and half ago perhaps he should watch what he eats but each to their own. :)

Stacymom- Yes, Fudruckers has healthier type and very tasty good burgers!! They even have the butcher right there where they grind up the steaks for the patties. You know whats going in your burger lol

Quilting_Cruiser your absolutely correct, he does go to places on tv that my parents go to for years. My parents many times tell me about a place they go to for years or been there that Guy visits. I do have to admit my parents idea of a good meal is different than mine...by the way, dad had a quintriple bypass a year and half ago perhaps he should watch what he eats but each to their own. :)

Very good point. I certainly wouldn't eat at this "joint" every day, but once in a blue moon is fine. I generally eat pretty healthfully, but I have to say those biscuits and gravy I had over the weekend were the best ever. ;) And I don't regret a bite. LOL.

I kow people rave about the Guy Burgers. I couldn't wait to get one on my June cruise on the Liberty. The first thing I ate was a Pig Patty from Guy's. My daughter had a Plain Jane. They tasted ok but Fuddruckers is much better!! Both my daughter and I commented how greasy the burger was. Well we both paid for it later that day. Let's just say I didn't eat another one the whole cruise. It did not agree with me and I usually eat anything. My hubby had one and said it was ok but agreed that Fuddruckers is much better. It is a cool concept but not my thing!

I haven't had one so I can't compare taste results. But is it fair to compare a free burger to a $7-$10 Fuddruckers burger? Compare it to the burger on past cruises :)

Yuck another fattening, high cholesterol, greasy burger. I not know why people rave about this Guy he won the battle to be on a cooking show and ended up going to diners? Tells me he didn't do so well cooking...anyways, why would anybody want to eat such a thing you can make a much better burger at home without all those calories must be like 1200-1600 no wonder people especially young people having cholesterol and heart problems .... I say sorry but its my opinion...those who want it and eat it enjoy. :)

Actually he had a cooking show called Guy's Big Bite. He also has done other cooking shows including Tailgate Warriors, Rachel vs Guy Celebrity Cook Off and is an owner or part owner of 5 different restaurants. The man knows how to cook, as well as how to market himself.

I will try one.. but probably only eat half one.. I cant finish my entree at dinner either though.

But yep .. I will try at least one when I get the chance this fall.

For those who are so upset about the calories.. just eat part of one?

1200 to 1600 calories of pure fun!

I saw the title of this thread and my first thought was, gee wonder how long it will take for someone to post the mythical 1600 calorie count. Only difference was you slightly modified the mythical calorie count to cover your arse.

A bacon cheeseburger at five guys is under 900 calories.

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-hamburgers-ic2122

I saw the title of this thread and my first thought was, gee wonder how long it will take for someone to post the mythical 1600 calorie count. Only difference was you slightly modified the mythical calorie count to cover your arse.

A bacon cheeseburger at five guys is under 900 calories.

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-hamburgers-ic2122

yes, but they need clara peller to visit 5 guys. and there are no 5 guys even on a carnival ship.

THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one who thought this about Guy's Burgers! I was so worried I would be called names I have held my tongue. Thank you for liberating me :D

They are good, but SUPER GREASY! It killed my stomach and I couldn't eat another one the entire cruise. I don't buy 80/20 at home, usually 96/4 so I was NOT prepared for all that fat!

I thought they were overcooked and dried out. In any case, I think Guy's burgers are HIGHLY overrated.

Quilting_Cruiser- Yes once in a while its fine and glad you enjoy those biscuits and gravy if only I could have that even once, I can't have gluten. :(

Wicruisedreamer I guess then he was offered that opportunity and enjoys going around checking out the establishments, I know my parents love his show. :) Yes dad is doing very well with the newest techniques they have and being in one of the top hospitals for that surgery he went home in four days and he was 77 not even rehab, horrary for modern technology. Thanks!!

Firefly333 honestly If I did try I would take one or two bites just to taste it and say I did.

We have 5 guys here never tried it, but its never busy....You know whats even worse Johnny Rockets look up the calories to that lol

THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one who thought this about Guy's Burgers! I was so worried I would be called names I have held my tongue. Thank you for liberating me :D No problem! I say it like it is! This should be a friendly board. We all have difference of opinion!

They are good, but SUPER GREASY! It killed my stomach and I couldn't eat another one the entire cruise. I don't buy 80/20 at home, usually 96/4 so I was NOT prepared for all that fat!

Very greasy anf fatty in my opinion! I ate one and that was quite enough!

Yuck another fattening, high cholesterol, greasy burger. I not know why people rave about this Guy he won the battle to be on a cooking show and ended up going to diners? Tells me he didn't do so well cooking...anyways, why would anybody want to eat such a thing you can make a much better burger at home without all those calories must be like 1200-1600 no wonder people especially young people having cholesterol and heart problems .... I say sorry but its my opinion...those who want it and eat it enjoy. :)

I just had to chime in with this comment, since I have a Food Network obsession! Guy won the Next Food Network Star (LOVE the new approach this season btw!) around 5 to 6 years ago. Thus Guy's Big Bite was born.

His show is still airing today, as well as Diners Drive-ins and Dives. He also owns restaurants and has hosted several other shows.

I'd say it's pretty dang impressive to add Carnival to his resume! Isn't Carnival the largest cruise line? Perhaps not...

Speaking of my obsession with Food Network and chefs on cruise lines....Geoffrey Zakarian (winner of Next Iron Chef, also judges many other shows like Chopped) is opening a restaurant on NCL's Breakaway! I just found that out last week. I was already excited to try that ship, but now I am even more so.....LOVE his style of cooking!!!

Yes Geoffrey Zakarian is and I heard he may even take charge of two other restaurants on the Breakway totaling three restaurants! Hearing this news I may just consider going up to NY just to experience that, the guy is AMAZING to me a pure gem. We have family up in NY that are planning on going at first we didn't want the extra expensive and didn't want to start our cruise out of NY (takes couple of days to get into the nice blue water) but hearing this we may go. :)

I can't compare Geoffrey Zakarian to Guy its like day and night. :)

[quote name='firefly333']I will try one.. but probably only eat half one.. I cant finish my entree at dinner either though.

But yep .. I will try at least one when I get the chance this fall.

For those who are so upset about the calories.. just eat part of one?[/quote]

not just calories you have to worry about.

it also has the equivalent of 2 and a half feet of a philly cheesesteak, with 87 grams of fat, 34 grams of saturated trans fat, and 2 days worth of sodium.

I have not yet eaten a Guy's burger so cannot comment on the tastiness.

However, I can unequivocally state that 80/20 is not about to turn off my husband. I try to please him by buying 73/27 at home but really he requests can't I have the butcher grind an extra piece of fat with the hamburger to up the %.

I know relating to him the reviews of "greasy" only make him salivate.

Archived