Tracys Crab Shack

kayrob

I would love to try Tracys while in Juneau. How far from where NCL docks is it? I tried to download the menu but came up with an error. Several people on the board commented that the food is excellent, but expensive. Can anyone give me a ballpark price on just how pricey the king crab legs are? Thanks.

You will be at the AJD dock which in about as far as you can get from Tracy's however there is a free shuttle which will take you within 1000 feet or so of the restaurant. Here is link but sadly the menu does not seem to be available....but I would describe the prices as being moderate +.

http://www.kingcrabshack.com/index.html

Everything is expensive in Alaska. The price of king crab is along the lines of what was charged in other areas of Alaska that I saw.

I will say it was gooooooood!!!!!! And the Bisque was great

2dqmvxl.jpg

Was there recently...Excellent !! Prices are right in line with the rest of similar products in Alaska.

As Putterdude pointed out, AJD dock is linked by shuttle busses to '' downtown'' Juneau. Tracey's is right off the AS dock (where HAL ships dock) and next to the Library ( hint: free internet, 2nd floor 35 minutes...). At that point, you're pretty well dead centre to what would be of interest to the majority of folks, including other shuttles buses to places like Mendenhall Glacier.

Enjoy

We ate at Tracy's Crab Shack during our time in Juneau in June. My DH and I shared the #1 combo (I think we paid around $35 for it). It came with a nice bowl of bisque, four crab cakes, and two legs. The food was great! Just be prepared for a long line and a shortage of tables! But it's definitely worth a stop!

I think the comments speak for themselves about this place. It's not often that so many people agree about a place being worth the money and that they enjoyed it.

If you like to walk it's a fun walk.

If not, as mentioned you can take the shuttle.

Keith

Okay I'm sold. From the Princess docks, I assume we have to shuttle. Where do we get said shuttle and where do we get off? Reading about this combo is the first thing that's gotten me excited about our cruise, for which we leave tomorrow!

Do not pass up Tracy's even if yu feel it may be too expensive!! It is truly one of the best places to eat in all of Alaska! Tracy is such a warm outgoing lady who truly cares that her customers leave happy. We can't wait to go back in September!!!

Ate there in June it was AWESOME had 3# bucket of king Crabs, Bisque, crab cakes and you have to have the Alaskan White Draft beer... It was worth every penny ..we palnned stopping @ Traceys the day we booked our cruise and put some $$ aside for this. Very friendly people. We were sitting and eating and I told the gentlemen do I need to get in line for another beer , he went and got ot for me and said " just pay on the way out we work on the honor system" !!!

Well worth the stop

We stopped for lunch...and went back for dinner (despite free food on the ship)! The priciest part is the King Crab habit we developed from that day! Oh, and my husband had to find a clone recipe for Alaskan Amber since they don't distribute it here!

just came back from cruise - Tracy's was our favorite food on our cruise! Just wonderful!! We split the combo which was the bisque ( to DIE for!) - 4 crab cakes ( yummmmmmm) and 2 king crab legs ( full of meat and came out in chunks, not like crab I have tried in the past) - I did not think it was "pricey" - we live in Maine and are used to paying for great seafood - our only regret is that we should not have "shared" the meal!! Don't hesitate on this one - no brainer. Plus, it is not a long walk from pier?? Another tip, right next to Tracy's is a soap place with soaps and lotions - wonderful gifts for people at home and unique to Alaska:)

Hi - while my husband absolutely loves crab "boils" (as in Maryland Blue Crabs, which we used to do while living in DE and MD,) I suffer from acid reflux and can't have much spice on anything anymore. However, I do like crab cakes, especially ones that aren't heavily spiced.

We have never had Alaskan king crab, as far as I know and I'm interested in going to Tracy's because hubby would probably enjoy it so much.

So are the king crab legs and crab cakes doused in spices (as in Old Bay-style seasoning) or can you get them plain?

Thanks for any help!

Tracy's Crab Shack is located down what looks like an alley right next to the Library/Parking Garage.

We ate there a couple of years ago and loved the food. Expensive but well worth the price.

The maps that HAL gave us of Juneau this year showed a price of $3 for the shuttle from the AJD pier.

Archived