Senior Rate ?

If my husband is 55 and there is a senior rate, do I qualify for the rate as well if I am in the same room and not 55 or do I have to pay the full price?

Those type of special rates (military, senior, residency) are per cabin. Only one occupant of the cabin has to meet the requirement :)

As stated, yes you do benefit from his age discount as you are traveling in the same stateromm. Now that I am at that "55+" range it is a benefit I point out to my wife on each cruise as a plus to having married a guy a few years older than her. We'll let it go at that.......

If my husband is 55 and there is a senior rate, do I qualify for the rate as well if I am in the same room and not 55 or do I have to pay the full price?

Yes would would also qualify for the senior rate as long as your Husband is traveling wtih you and the cruise selected is offering a Senior Rate.

RCCL does not off the senior rate on all its cruises. Nor is it offered on a regular basis. As with any of RCCL's pricing it's all driven by supply and demand. You have to carefully search for cruises with a senior rate by clicking "FIND A CRUISE" on RCCL's website ( do not click on any of the other fields ) and than click on "SEE IF YOU QUALIFY FOR EXCLUSIVE RATES" than click on 55+ after which all cruises that have senior rates will be pulled up on the website.

Yes would would also qualify for the senior rate as long as your Husband is traveling wtih you and the cruise selected is offering a Senior Rate.

RCCL does not off the senior rate on all its cruises. Nor is it offered on a regular basis. As with any of RCCL's pricing it's all driven by supply and demand. You have to carefully search for cruises with a senior rate by clicking "FIND A CRUISE" on RCCL's website ( do not click on any of the other fields ) and than click on "SEE IF YOU QUALIFY FOR EXCLUSIVE RATES" than click on 55+ after which all cruises that have senior rates will be pulled up on the website.

Thanks for this tip! Never have been able to figure out how to find the senior rates...just stumble into them. I assume this would also work for residency rates?

Thanks for this tip! Never have been able to figure out how to find the senior rates...just stumble into them. I assume this would also work for residency rates?

Yes same procedure for Residency rates. Just click on both at the same day and you can view all at once.

I found a Senior Discount for a cruise in October. It was offered at the time I booked it in March and then disappeared a few weeks after. It has not been offered since then.

I was able to book the cruise using the Senior discount back in March even though I will not turn 55 until my birthday in October. I turn 55 two days prior to the departure of our cruise.

There are some nice senior rates out there right now. Use the advanced search on the RCI site to find them.

Navigator November 24th has a great balcony rate. Just one example.

Thanks for the tip. It always amazes me how much help these boards can be!

I also did it for a Georgia rate and surprise, there were several.

Can you use your C& A balcony/suite discounts on top of Senior or residency rates!

I found a Senior Discount for a cruise in October. It was offered at the time I booked it in March and then disappeared a few weeks after. It has not been offered since then.

I was able to book the cruise using the Senior discount back in March even though I will not turn 55 until my birthday in October. I turn 55 two days prior to the departure of our cruise.

Right - it's your age at sailing that counts, not when you book. Sometimes these gray hairs are worth something. :D

Thanks for the tip. It always amazes me how much help these boards can be!

I also did it for a Georgia rate and surprise, there were several.

Can you use your C& A balcony/suite discounts on top of Senior or residency rates!

Yes, those two can be combined.

So when there is a senior rate (or resident rate) does it actually say this when you get to the page where you are selecting your cabin? I have been playing with the website, looking at rates for a possible Diamonds in December cruise. One particular cruise lists balcony cabins starting at $1049 but when I check the box for 55+ and my state of residence and then go to the next page the balcony prices start at $949 but it doesn't tell me what kind of discount this is. It used to tell you the regular rate and then the senior or resident rate on another line. So how do you know what the discount is so you can have the proper proof?

There are some nice senior rates out there right now. Use the advanced search on the RCI site to find them.

Thanks. Didn't know it was that easy! Used senior and res. rate and saw some choices I didn’t know existed.

Learn something new every day! What do you have up your sleeve for tomorrow?

M

So when there is a senior rate (or resident rate) does it actually say this when you get to the page where you are selecting your cabin? I have been playing with the website, looking at rates for a possible Diamonds in December cruise. One particular cruise lists balcony cabins starting at $1049 but when I check the box for 55+ and my state of residence and then go to the next page the balcony prices start at $949 but it doesn't tell me what kind of discount this is. It used to tell you the regular rate and then the senior or resident rate on another line. So how do you know what the discount is so you can have the proper proof?

The only way to know is to pull up each discount qualifier individually. Look first with state, then look again with senior (or vice versa).

If you book one of the restricted rates (Senior, Residence, Military, etc.), the specific rate information will show up on Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. If you book direct with Royal, you get this automatically. If you book with a travel agent, you must ask them for this document.

Hi,

Just a little reminder.

If you book your cruise under the terms of the special pricing ( senior, military, residence or whatever ) make sure to take the documentation supporting the discount.

At the check in, they might ask to see those documents ..... sometimes they do ...... and sometimes they do not ...... if they do ask and you do not have them ..... you will be subject to a higher rate.

As does the Oasis 12/7/13 on balcony cabins. Good luck

Archived