Has anyone ever been called to the naughty room by RCI's mistake?

Yes, I Got called down to the long line once on Oasis for no reason. Guy going through my bag could not believe it had nothing in it.Seemed very determined to find something. There was no apology, only a ok take your bag and you are now free to move about the cabin.............

If I knew there was nothing bad in a bag that was held up, I'll be darned if I would stand in a line or miss dinner in order to get the bag returned.

Let the cruise people line stand around waiting for me to come get it.

What would they do if I didn't show up until after dinner?

Maybe close up the room and you get left without your stuff?

My son would say this happened to him (the naughty room in this case was my cabin). All of our luggage arrived with the exception of my (then) 20 year old son's. I was extremely embarrassed and angry. I was 100% certain that he had smuggled! We made two trips to the (real) naughty room and there was no sign of it. He wore his brother's clothes the next day and RCCL was renting him a tux for formal night. Lo and behold, it showed up in the cabin next door.

The cabin of teenage boys never noticed the extra suitcase in their INTERIOR cabin!

Yes. And nobody to this day knows why but they were *sure* we had alcohol in one of our suitcases. "Maybe your wife didn't tell you she did." Even after going all through it they didn't find anything to explain it...but made it clear they still didn't believe me as I walked away with it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

DH was called down to Deck 1 a few hours after we checked in, but only because they had to confirm he made it onto the ship:confused::confused: apparently when they swiped his Sea Pass, it didn't register and they thought he wasnt on board..took 5 minutes and we made it to dinner (1st seating) with lots of time...but yes that was odd..:confused::rolleyes:

Yup, this past April on the Jewel. People in line in front of me were having their bottles of booze confiscated right & left. I got up there and all they found were my bottles of Diet Coke and water :rolleyes: I could have had an entire bar set-up at the bottom of case; once they saw the water/soda sitting on top and shook a couple of the bottles (and opened one of the sodas :mad: ) they let me go.

I know others made it with their rumrunners, but I got called down for soda & water. Next time, that'll go in my carry-on.

You brought a door stop on a cruise? :confused::confused:

LOL -- my thought exactly! Especially since there actually is a door-stop in the room -- that little rubber wedge that the stewards use to prop the door open, when they are cleaning. :D

And I don't think that folks with contraband (whatever it may be) in their luggage have much basis for complaint. But delayed luggage delivery is one of my personal pet peeves. If I had to go down there and stand in line to have someone open my luggage and paw through it -- only to find nothing -- I'd be ROYALLY ticked off! My friend (earlier post) who got "busted" for having a bottle of contact solution and some non-alcoholic mouthwash certainly was. His luggage was delayed, he had to waste his precious cruise time going down to open it for inspection, and he had to schlep his bag back up to the room himself -- no apologies, no help, no nothing. If everyone who had this happen to them took the time when they got home to write a letter to AG at Corporate (to include the names of the specific people they dealt with), I think that RC would change the way they handle this situation.

Hangers?? You can get all the hangers you want from your cabin steward! And they are wooden, not wire.

Right...try finding your cabin attendant on the first day. He is too busy dragging bags to

other state rooms. Easier to just bring your own...and now mine are plastic!! ;)

Yes! Freedom, July 2009. Son's suitcase. Stood in line for almost an hour. They went through it in front of me and found nothing! Was very aggravated as it made us have to rush to dinner so we wouldn't be late. Took me about 5 minutes and a Mango Tango to get over it though! :D

Might make up for a time I should have gone down there. Oh wait, that was on Carnival. nvm...;)

Serious question from someone who's never been . . . Why wait an hour on line? Why not just come back later? They're not going to get rid of your stuff.

Serious question from someone who's never been . . . Why wait an hour on line? Why not just come back later? They're not going to get rid of your stuff.

Yeah, but if your dinner clothes are in that one suitcase...yikes... I really don't like showing

up in my stinky onboard shorts and tropical shirts!! :eek: I kind of like to change and

and dress for dinner!! ;)

Yes, we have been, scissors confiscated - got them back at the end of the cruise. I must admit they are larger than normal - for hubby to trim his beard - now we take them out of the luggage, and put them in the hand luggage - no problem - I must say they were very nice, and said they were very sorry. The one crew member said, would we mind if he used them during the week, because they were a lot sharper than his, lol.

I look at it this way, they are just doing their job.

Yes, VOS in December 2011, had 4 aerosol cars of sun tanning lotion in a plastic ziploc bag in one of our suitcases. Guess they thought it was 4 bottles of beer. Not sure who would try and sneak on 4 bottles of beer on a 7 day cruise but I will never put them all in the same bag again

I didn't have to go to the naughty room but my carry on bag got pulled aside just last week on the Oasis because of sunblock. She ignored my 12 pack of water :o but pulled out the two 1-gallon bags that held my sunblock. I just didn't want it to get thrown around in my luggage and burst so I thought it would be better to carry it with me. I'd rather have my carry on pulled aside than have the bag sent to the naughty room over sunblock. I had multiple options for spray sunblock and bottles so I don't think it looked like alcohol on the screener

Must say I'm a little surprised that after finding absolutely nothing, they didn't offer an apology.

Me too. It was as another poster stated. They let me leave with my bag but kind of had a smirk look like there just had to be something. Fact is, My bag had 100 percent clothes, no iron, scissors, nothing. Why did I stand in line at that time...for one I needed an outfit for dinner and two I am not going to walk around the ship ruining my vacation by worrying about when or if I will get my bag back.

Yeah, but if your dinner clothes are in that one suitcase...yikes... I really don't like showing up in my stinky onboard shorts and tropical shirts!! :eek: I kind of like to change and and dress for dinner!! ;)
Since your suitcases aren't promised 'til after dinner, I thought everyone packed his or her first night's dinner outfit in the carry-on.

I still don't see any reason to stand in a one-hour line. I'd rather come back later when they aren't so busy.

Yes, VOS in December 2011, had 4 aerosol cars of sun tanning lotion in a plastic ziploc bag in one of our suitcases. Guess they thought it was 4 bottles of beer. Not sure who would try and sneak on 4 bottles of beer on a 7 day cruise but I will never put them all in the same bag again

That made me laugh, although I'm sure there are some that would. :)

Since your suitcases aren't promised 'til after dinner, I thought everyone packed his or her first night's dinner outfit in the carry-on.

I still don't see any reason to stand in a one-hour line. I'd rather come back later when they aren't so busy.

Actually I went early (4:30) knowing the line would get worse, though I was still in line for an hour (it was only the beginning of the nightmare). You should have seen the line that flowed along that deck section, up the stairs, and into the next deck by the time I got my bag!. Had access to my clothes and was able to dress for dinner just in time to make it. I heard many did not get their clothes until after 8 pm. :eek: There were piles and piles

of suitcases in that room. I just preferred to be done with it, get all unpacked, settled in,

and start my vacation. ;) To each their own.

My wife and I went on the Freedom of the Seas with both of sons and their spouses.

My older son (33) said he was going to pack some liquor in his bag to take onboard. 'Good luck!', I told him, but warned him of the consequences.

Sure enough, right around sailaway he received a phone call. He was to report to Deck 1 (the 'Naughty Room') because something was located in his bag.

On his way down, the elevator was filled with other guys all grinning because they were called for the same reason!

When he got to the security area, his bag had a piece of tape with a 'L' on it. "Sir, there appears to be some liquor in your bag. Could you please remove it for us?" He unzipped the bag, pulled out one of the two bottles and handed it over. "Thank you sir, you may now take your bag back to your cabin." (With the other bottle of booze!)

Back at the cabins, we were all enjoying a good laugh, when I received a similar call. They had found an iron in my bag and I was to report to the 'Naughty Room' myself!

Iron? Sorry, I've never taken an iron on any cruise. I figured this was going to be a fun 'adventure' and headed down.

When I got to the security area, my bag had a piece of tape on it with an 'I" on it. I showed him my Seapass card and I heard him mumble, "Diamond?", as if I should have known better. "Sir, there appears to be an iron in your bag. Could you please remove it for us?" I unzipped the bag, pulled out the travel steamer we carry and told him that I never carry an iron and all I had was the steamer. After additional review to confirm that it was a steamer and not an iron, I was told that it was not allowed and it will be confiscated. "What? That has never happened before!" "Sorry, it is not allowed."

Now, back at our cabins, my son was having a good laugh on me!

I checked with Guest Services, looked back at the Cruise Critic website and even called Royal Caribbean when I returned.

The Cruise Critic website is filled with:

1) definitely allowed

2) definitely prohibited

3) "I bought mine onboard"

4) not allowed, but never caught

5) "why bother, hang them in the bathroom" (plenty of room to do that!)

Just won't know what the 'policy' is the day you board the ship! :rolleyes:

I was on Oasis for the 7/7 cruise. Our wheel aboard was sent to the naughty room for an "iron". Turns out it was my flat iron for my hair. Not sure why the bag was pulled for that. The naughty room ladies seemed perplexed by that as well. It took about 20 mins or so to get through the line and claim the bag. While waiting the woman next to me had her real iron for clothes taken, a guy had vise grip pliers taken and someone else looked like they had a gun case in their bag. No one must read the web site before they leave.

Archived