Has anyone ever been called to the naughty room by RCI's mistake?

Nope not here, but AAMOF when we did Carnival, the guy we made friends with in the waiting room got called down to their naughty room just after we boarded. We waited for him cuz we all wanted to do the Lido Cafe together and he said they accused him of bringing a knife onboard. His bags were not even locked. That made him the most mad as he wanted to know why they even called him down there as they could have checked it themselves. They made him open the case. What they thought was a weapon was a Texas sized (cowboy type) belt buckle:rolleyes: He was pretty steamed at the port guards. Because of the wasted time when we all could've been enjoying the ship. He was down there a while.

We did on Oasis in 2010. Well, I mean one of the 3 suitcases was sent to the naughty room for unknown reasons. I suspect the cause was my wife had her daily vitamins in little baggies for each day, and they were bundled in one large baggy. I told her I bet the x-ray attendant may have thought they looked like illegal drugs bagged up for distribution and decided to send it down there to be checked-out. The guy checking the bag had no idea why it was there - he assumed booze but there was none.

Yes, for wire hangers!! Sheez...

And yes, they gave me the bag after an hour wait in line without even opening it.

And yes....wire hangers are allowed. They are not swords...sabers...steak knives...box

cutters...or even barbie doll battle knives!! :eek:

From now on I will take plastic clothes hangers!! ;)

Yes, for wire hangers!! Sheez...

And yes, they gave me the bag after an hour wait in line without even opening it.

And yes....wire hangers are allowed. They are not swords...sabers...steak knives...box

cutters...or even barbie doll battle knives!! :eek:

From now on I will take plastic clothes hangers!! ;)

I was just waiting to hear about this again ;) Cheers my friend!!!

I was just waiting to hear about this again ;) Cheers my friend!!!

Well hello my friend!! I really do have plastic hangers in my bags right now for my trip

to Alaska. Maybe they will keep my clothes warmer than the wire ones. ;) ;)

Nope not here, but AAMOF when we did Carnival, the guy we made friends with in the waiting room got called down to their naughty room just after we boarded. We waited for him cuz we all wanted to do the Lido Cafe together and he said they accused him of bringing a knife onboard. His bags were not even locked. That made him the most mad as he wanted to know why they even called him down there as they could have checked it themselves. They made him open the case. What they thought was a weapon was a Texas sized (cowboy type) belt buckle:rolleyes: He was pretty steamed at the port guards. Because of the wasted time when we all could've been enjoying the ship. He was down there a while.

Oh my! I think your friends anger was misplaced. Security were just doing their job, correctly.

I'd be pretty steamed if:

1. They opened my bag and went through it without my permission or presence. Yes, TSA can do that, but I still don't like it.
  2. They allowed something that looked like a weapon to go on board without questioning what it was.

Knock on wood, we haven't ever been "called down", but a friend we were traveling with did -- for a bottle of non-alcohol mouthwash and some contact lens solution. Funny thing about it is that he's the only non-drinker in our group! :rolleyes:

Yes! Freedom, July 2009. Son's suitcase. Stood in line for almost an hour. They went through it in front of me and found nothing! Was very aggravated as it made us have to rush to dinner so we wouldn't be late. Took me about 5 minutes and a Mango Tango to get over it though! :D

Might make up for a time I should have gone down there. Oh wait, that was on Carnival. nvm...;)

Yes, VOS in December 2011, had 4 aerosol cars of sun tanning lotion in a plastic ziploc bag in one of our suitcases. Guess they thought it was 4 bottles of beer. Not sure who would try and sneak on 4 bottles of beer on a 7 day cruise but I will never put them all in the same bag again

Yes, all 4 of our bags on Radiance of the Seas February 2011. Practically the whole ship was there. The line was huge. They found nothing in any of our bags and then we had to take our bags to our cabin. Walked 8 flights with my bags because the elevators were all taken :( Definately had to go to concierge lounge to get a drink. Wrote about is in my customer satisfaction survey and never heard back from them.(

My MIL was called to open a suitcase. Found it filled with water. Yes, a large suitcase FILLED with bottled water. We asked her she brought so much water and she said she was afraid we'd get thirsty.:eek:

OMG this is too funny!!! Made me chuckle out loud...hahaha:D

Yes, my bag was detained on the Allure last August.

They held my bag up over a small bottle of hair gel.

The worst part is after making 4 calls to the front desk, twice questioning the room steward and then standing in a huge line at guest service to find out they had my bag. I started asking about my bag at 4pm. Finally got my bag at 7:30pm.

I knew I had nothing I shouldn't have, after telling them that the security guard spent 12 minutes searching every part of my bag, unrolling clothes, looking inside gel bottle.

Needless to say I was not a happy camper. Missed the first night dinner and all.

Yes, we were on B2B cruises. Hubby did the bandit (snuff in a pouch) thing then. He had four cans that were unopened and in the plastic wrap from Sams. They are in a metal container so they weren't sure what we were trying to bring onboard.

We didn't get our luggage until really late. I chuckle when I hear that everyone gets their luggage before the first dining time. Think we got our last bag on that cruise about 9PM.

My MIL was called to open a suitcase. Found it filled with water. Yes, a large suitcase FILLED with bottled water. We asked her she brought so much water and she said she was afraid we'd get thirsty.:eek:

Sounds like something my MIL would do.... although if we ever take a cruise with her we will NEED to smuggle something stronger than water onboard!

Our cabin steward said she would check on DH missing suitcase while we went to dinner. It was in our cabin after dinner, with the note "pocketknife" attached to the suitcase. There was no pocketknife in the suitcase, and we couldn't figure what even resembled one. It didn't look like the contents had been searched either. Somehow, we think our cabin steward saved us from an unnecessary trip to the naughty room.

If I knew there was nothing bad in a bag that was held up, I'll be darned if I would stand in a line or miss dinner in order to get the bag returned.

Let the cruise people line stand around waiting for me to come get it.

What would they do if I didn't show up until after dinner?

Archived