Should I book Flight now?

mabones

Jet Blue just came out with the Flight information for next April (2013). Currently, it will be $120pp 1-way from Boston to Ft. Lauderdale on April 6. Should I book now or wait to see if it goes down. By the way, it will also be the same $ if we return at 7pm or $155 if we opt for 3:30pm.

What would you do?

That sounds like it is probably a good price. I've not seen the low airfare this year that I've seen the last couple of years. I recommend you compare it with other dates in the upcoming months and decide.

I'm paying $200 more for my Feb flights than last year for two people round trip. I've done my comparisons and decided to just pay what I needed to.

that sounds like a good fare.

If you are sure you are going on the trip, I would book it.

If you would enjoy a partial day in Fort Lauderdale after the cruise (ie rent a car and see the area or such), take the late flight. Otherwise, select the afternoon flight...FLL is not an interesting airport...efficient and convenient, but not amusing.

Jet Blue just came out with the Flight information for next April (2013). Currently, it will be $120pp 1-way from Boston to Ft. Lauderdale on April 6. Should I book now or wait to see if it goes down. By the way, it will also be the same $ if we return at 7pm or $155 if we opt for 3:30pm.

What would you do?

I would book it. April is school vacation time for the northeast and prices are most likely going to go up. I am waiting on Jet Blue for next May from Hartford. ;) Love those non stop flights.

What would you do?

Book it. Jet Blue honors price drops. They won't give money back, but they will give you credits for another flight on Jet Blue, to be used within a certain amount of time, I think, 1 year. Monitor the price after you book, it sometimes drops for a few minutes only. But these prices look good.

I would book it. Even if it goes lower you can get a credit for the difference to be used another time. Even though it is just outside the Spring Break (Easter) time, they will probably not go much lower (if at all)

Will they credit you automatically, or will I have to contact them myself if the fare goes down? Also, I always book on-line, will I have to call Jet Blue directly to book my flight? I guess I will book first thing in the morning. My sister & her husband are going with us in April, so they will book at the same time.

What would you do?

Would definitely book airfare. It doesn't usually go down in price...

Will they credit you automatically, or will I have to contact them myself if the fare goes down? Also, I always book on-line, will I have to call Jet Blue directly to book my flight? I guess I will book first thing in the morning. My sister & her husband are going with us in April, so they will book at the same time.

You would need to call and yes, book online. I would book an early flight out of Boston. In case of plane delays, there will be other flights out available to you. :)

I always believe in booking early. Hint...if you book through the on-line agency that offers to refund the difference if someone else books at a lower price, you'll get money back if the price drops. (They don't really deliver the refund via hover-craft, but they do honor this offer.)

Would definitely book airfare. It doesn't usually go down in price...

The only drawback to booking early is that the airline will probably change your flight a couple of times. We have had it happen several times.

The only drawback to booking early is that the airline will probably change your flight a couple of times. We have had it happen several times.

Us too-that's why I check my flights about once a week or so to make sure they don't change or if they do I can take any needed action. We usually book as soon as rates are announced (we have to travel during the peak times-school & job restrictions) and many times flights have changed on us.

I always try to book as soon as rates become available. Our flights have been updated a few times but only by a 5 minutes or so. Going down I always keep an eye on, but coming back, as long as it's after 11:30am, I'm pretty flexible.

Archived