Who does the research??

Boatingmom

I do it here, Dh works long hours, and hardly gets a chance to breathe let alone take much time off... the only way he can get time usually is if I plan a vacation so he has to go.. His bosses love me and are always willing to help get him out of the office for much needed time off

I do some research, then share ideas. After we decide together where to go and what to do, I do all the planning. DH figures out how and when to pay for it. As he puts it, I do all the planning and he wants me to tell him "when to show up and who to write the checks to." I also line up the house/pet sitter, hotel, airfare, mail and newspaper holds, and etc. He claims to have the easier role, but I'd much rather plan and anticipate than pay.

I do all the research and offer options for DH to choose from. Luckily we enjoy doing the same things. Usually DH just says, tell me what we are doing when we get on the plane! It works great, I love to research, the anticipation is almost as fun as the trip.

We usually talk about where we want to go but if our group of friends decides to go somewhere we usually go along with their plans. I do the booking of everything and both of us discuss what excursions we are going to do. We have done a lot of resort vacations so we usually don't do a lot of island tours as a lot of islands we have been to before. I usually don't even tell him the cost....25+ years ago he said "book it and don't tell me the cost" and I have been doing that ever since. He doesn't know and sometimes if he did he probably would say "oh my god" lol. He does love to travel though thank goodness as we have had some pretty amazing trips over our 30 years of marriage!!!

DH has input into where we go - but I research/book/plan the rest. It works great for us. I am a planner and like to know everything going into it and DH likes the surprise and going on a whim.

Exactly the same here too.

We both do a lot of research and planning. I get much more involved in the details and the control issues but he does his own parallel research and since he is interested in different things than I am we negotiate it out. Some of the best things that happen are things we read about but did not plan for and still they just happened for a good time. We have traveled together for 43 years this week (16th) and it has been a big factor of enjoyment of our life together. Hubby does the scrapbook and I just drop them in the computer file and I'm off to the next trip. On the trip home from vacation is when we start talking about the next trip or the next one after that. :D

DH has input into where we go - but I research/book/plan the rest. It works great for us. I am a planner and like to know everything going into it and DH likes the surprise and going on a whim.

You could be us This is exactly what happens for us I love to work on the computer researching and he loves to enjoy the consequences. For anything expensive or unusual I do ask his opinion (lol):D:D

We decide together where we will cruise to and what port to leave from (if there is a choice) and the month.

Then I start the research on ships, cabins, excursions, etc. Then I let him know which ship I think is the best choice (if one than one). We work together on the cabin choice, but I am the one who has it narrowed down along with pricing for each.

Once we are booked, then my research begins for hotels, airfare, excursions, things to see, walking tours etc.

Many times, my husband doesn't remember which ship or the dates ... he jokes that he knows that I will remember so he doesn't have to worry about any of it.

I don't mind, and after 25+ years of being married, it works for us. I have always enjoyed doing research and research for a cruise is such fun.

Is everybody's spouse also a cruise critic fanatic, or do most of you research for your spouse and entire family? Just wondering if this is a team sport or a solo thing:rolleyes:??

Definitely not a team effort here, I do all the planning - everything from the cruise, hotel, flights, filling out forms, payments, etc. It's not his thing and it never will be, so if I want to go some where I have to do all the work he just says sign us up! :D

John and I decide on the cruise together. Then we divide the ports and present our research to each other to make the final decision about port activities. He usually researches the airfare. I am always the one who posts on the roll call about shared tours.

Archived