Reflection Suite - who will it attract?

CruiseImage

This suite is not designed to everyone's taste - but exactly who is going to use it?

Cost and position on the ship (bad weather) is surely going to be it's downfall

I hadn't thought about the location. You are right that it is the worst spot if the weather is bad. Hope that shower has some grab handles!

Phil

I put together a cabin crawl on the Oasis of the Seas a couple years ago.

I was lucky to get a Crown Loft Suite for the crawl. These are two level suites with a large (skinny) main level and a small upper level for the bedroom/bath. These cabins were going for between $7 & 8K for 7 days back in 2010.

As the crawl was leaving a person came out of the "Royal Loft Suite". A 1600 square foot palace - what a place. The occupant invited us in, WOW. It was something else.The balcony itself, a wrap around, was large enough to never have to go into the man suite!! And not included in the 1600sf size mentioned.

He said he paid about $17.5K for the seven days.

Reading the Reflections Suite goes for a few more bucks than this, I believe this guy would be a good candidate..............LOL

Oh - BTW - he was from Texas and in "oil"!

Have a great Sunday!

g

If I had the money I would book it!!! From everything I've seen it's beautiful. There is a market for large, over the top suites - look at NCL - I think the Garden Villa is over 4000 sq ft. They are known for having the best suites at sea (but they are not my first choice for a regular cabin!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Newsier - I think the Royal Loft Suite on the Oasis-class ships is in a much more stable position on a much more stable ship than these new Reflection Suites (all the way forward)?

I won't argue this - on the Oasis, you need to remind yourself to go look outside to know you are even on a ship unless you have an ocean view room, which may be in the minority on the Big O!! LOL.

I guess the point I was suggesting is people will book these suites - there is a lot of money out there and people spend it.

I am a retired public servant - I'll never get to take the "peek-a-boo" shower! hahahaha

g

Top and forward on any ship is unstable!

We do book PH and RS on the M class ships and evenas an upgrade for free would not want this forward suite.

Someone will be glad to get it.:D

If they are spending that much money, they could get another cheap inside room on low deck and sleep there when weather is rough...i'm sure the 90% of the time the weather is nice that is one of the best places to be on the ship!

Can someone explain the bad weather comments ?

The bow is the narrowest and lightest part of the ship. Depending on the direction and intensity of the swell waves (the long, rolling motion waves of the ocean and not the small waves you often see) the bow pitches and bounces up and down as it plows through. This translates into an interesting ride if your cabin is far forward instead of amidship where the axis of the ship is. Also depending on the severity of the swell waves the bow may slam down into an oncoming wave and the shudder can be felt throughout the ship so imagine if your cabin is all the way up front.

This is an extreme example shot from the bridge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A9rIPWPVWo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Top and forward on any ship is unstable!

We do book PH and RS on the M class ships and evenas an upgrade for free would not want this forward suite. Someone will be glad to get it.:D

Much depends on where you sail and when as to things being "unstable" or not. For the Baltics and Med, we have had very smooth seas. These types of super suites will have buyers who can afford it and/or want to try something new and different.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 96,664 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

It also looks like it has a basketball court above? Am I right? So daytime relaxation could be to the sound of thud thud thud

I thought of the very same thing - even looking at where the "Kids Zone" is above the rest of those new suites next to the RF Suite, sure there's going be some noise from those areas too.

Not sure they've really thought this through.

... and as for the upgrades for the VIP's etc onboard, that's going to be a definite..

Still - I'm so looking forward to getting onboard in November. Hope it not a rough crossing, but I will volunteer my cabin as a "swap" if the occupants of the suite do want to move. :D:D

I agree with those posters who feel that the Forward/Bow position of the cabin wouldn't be a good location for rough seas. But the views would be amazing!

If Celebrity finds that in time, this cabin routinely doesn't sell...they can convert it to other types of cabins and make up that lost revenue.

• 1 month later...
This suite is not designed to everyone's taste - but exactly who is going to use it?

Cost and position on the ship (bad weather) is surely going to be it's downfall

:eek: "and that shower ?! " :eek:

At the price it was being offered in the UK for the 4 November 2012 cruise last weekend, I would expect it to be snapped up very quickly! With 2 people sharing it was around the same price as the PH on our Eclipse New Years cruise this year. Makes it very good value for 4 people for an attractive itinerary.

Sue

On our very first Celebrity cruise aboard the Equinox the Penthouse Suite was not booked so they "gave it away;)" to some lucky passengers in a game of bingo! We bought a few cards and played along in the main theater which was very crowded but, of course, we did not win. I think Celebrity was the big winner because they probably received enough money from the sale of bingo cards that amounted to the cost of the suite for a week, but it was a lot of fun. I believe a young couple from Australia won, and a butler was sent to move everything from their stateroom to the Penthouse. Maybe they will do this again sometime when the Reflection Suite is not booked... I would try my luck again!

When I saw the Reflection suite when browsing through the suite choices, I wondered who would do it. I personally don't understand spending $20,000 on a 7 day cruise on a mid-market line. Sure you have a gorgeous suite, but everything else is the same.

I thought of the very same thing - even looking at where the "Kids Zone" is above the rest of those new suites next to the RF Suite, sure there's going be some noise from those areas too.

It's got the basket ball court over part of it, the X Club (for 12-17 year olds) right on top of it, and the Sky Lounge on the other side of the wall (late night music and dancing).

I hope they provide gold plated ear plugs as part of the amenities. :D

I think those that can afford the novelty will book it. I also think it will remain unsold for a lot of cruises and end up being a major upgrade for those in Suites or VIP's on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will become the grand prize at bingo. I really can see that suite, and it's huge price, being empty after the newness of the ship wears out.

Archived