Who on the Boards Would You Most Like to Cruise With?

richsea

I must admit that I'm kind of addicted to the boards, particularlly the Celebrity boards, & I've come to realize that there are certain posters that I am always drawn to; some that I've sailed with, & some that I would like to sail with. I thought that it would be interesting to hear which posters you enjoy hearing from & who you would like to meet on a Celebrity ship someday.

Here are some that I would love to sail with, or meet someday, & some that I have already sailed with & would love to sail with again. I am sure that I have left out many more:

LoisR: just flat out the nicest person on the boards. Everyone should have her attitude.

DKjretired: most helpful, never met but feel like he's a friend.

Nerus: sailed with & would like to sail with again.

Tuggers: just a real person; sailed with Tuggers on the Final Zenith cruise.

Ships R Great: sailed with on final Zenith Cruise.

Wvufan: sailed met on final Zenith cruise, most reasonable person & nicest person at sea.

library lady19: Solstice cabin thread says it all.

Host Andy: need I say more?

MaBell: I may not always agree with her, but I always respect her opinion.

Orator: always interesting & incitefull posts.

TLCOhio: Solstice thread alone + always interesting.

I am sure that I have many others that are favorites; who are yours?

I always love everyone i meet from cruise critic, we had the most wonderful cruise this year mostly due to a fantastic roll call (thanks beth appel)

As for the boards, i love happy cruiser 6143, she just looks lovely and jolly, and love tlohio's photos, always great!

This one is easy Momofmeg always knows what she is talking about and honest. And Paul 976(whatever) loves to cruise that what counts. also Hiltner(Hank) Ithink I would have to live to be 200 to know that much about cruising.

This has to be the nicest thread ever! Well done!

I don't know if I have a favourite poster apart from RosieCanberra (for some very obvious reasons) but I would like to meet anyone and everyone on these boards. In order to do this, it means that I will have to cruise alot and I like that. :D

My list is pretty close to the OP's list. I know MaBell very well (we cruise with she and her DH), and they are very special people.

Excitedofharpenden is another great guy. Lots of fun and so knowledgeable.

Blazerboy is another close friend of our's. If you want to meet a well-mannered, cultured, absolutely marvelous person...he's your guy.

There are so many of this board that throughout the years, have offered valued, informative, insightful viewpoints regarding Celebrity.

And I also would love to meet Host Andy!

Karyn

[quote name=Karynanne;34908711......

Excitedofharpenden is another great guy. Lots of fun and so knowledgeable.

Blazerboy is another close friend of our's. If you want to meet a well-mannered' date=' cultured, absolutely marvelous person...

Karyn[/quote]

I agree, I knew I forgot posters!

I must admit that I'm kind of addicted to the boards, particularly the Celebrity boards, & I've come to realize that there are certain posters that I am always drawn to; some that I've sailed with, & some that I would like to sail with.

I am sure that I have many others that are favorites; who are yours?

Thank you for including us in your list..

There are so many wonderful people with whom we have cruised over the years that I would not know where to begin to start a list. I do know that our circle of favourite cruisers would require a move from Michael's club to the Sky Lounge for evening discussions. We are looking forward to hooking up with many of them on Silhouette in November.

To paraphrase Sue Denning, a wonderful Cruise Director, "It's not about the ships you take but the friends you make!"

Hi Rich, thank you:)..it would be fun to meet you as well.

I know Phil in person:D but have never sailed with him:eek:

Some others are on your list too. Oh, WVUfan is a longtime very good

friend in real life as well although he and his bride and I have

never sailed together:eek:

Alot is about timing...since I work and can't sail when some of my

friends cruise (they are retired) we do stay in touch off these

boards;)

TLCOhio: Solstice thread alone + always interesting.

louise1809: love tlohio's photos' date=' always great![/quote']

Great posting idea/question! Much more fun, positive and interesting than worrying about dress rules and MDR debates. Highly honored to be even mentioned and included as a part of such a distinguished group for fine, helpful people. Appreciate the mention by louise from the wonderful UK. Always love the British, especially after the past two week's great Olympics, seeing the sights there, refreshing the memories of London and nearby.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 96,664 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

I read all of LSimon's posts. Always informative and has great suggestions. We have based many shore excursions on his recommendations....

Sense of humor of Sixth is refreshing.

Wino has a lot of great tips.

So many more. Fun thread.

Richsea - Thanks for including me in the list; what a great idea for a thread topic!

I'm a relative newbie to the cruising world and CC so feel honored to be included in this esteemed group. I have had the pleasure to sail with both Lois and Don (and we will see him on the Summit in 3 weeks) and certainly agree up with your assessment.

I'd like to add 3 more to the list:

I would agree that fellow Chicagoan Larry Simon can be counted on to post very informative and balanced information.

Gonzo is another poster whose opinion I value.

I also like to read Cruiser Anne's posts - had the pleasure of meeting her onboard Summit - a lovely lady. she has sailed many times on X but is always honest in her opinions.

My # 1 pick would be Captain Jack, because his reviews are so hilarious and well written I know he would be great fun. I'd also like to meet Lois R, Shogun, Keith 1010, John Bull, Momofmeg and a raft of others whose names will finally come to me in the middle of the night when I'd much rather be sleeping.

I know so many of you that it's hard to say. While I know Mabell very well, we've never managed to cruise together ....but she was at my wedding! I know Phil(excited of harpendon) too, but have only toured wine country together! Karyn is a true friend, and have so enjoyed cruising together. I adore Lois's attitude! Gonzo abd Dkjretired always have good posts. Larry and Sue are like family I've never met! Danno and I used to chat back and forth alot. Cruisinchick (sp.?) Has always been fun on here. Wow. So easy to forget folks, but I surely hope we bump into eachother on board!

Andrew aka Blazerboy

Among the people here that I'd most like to cruise with:

Host Andy -- whose knowledge about Celebrity (and cruising in general) is amazing. And, one of the very best hosts anywhere on this forum, IMHO! :cool:

ASixth -- (even though I mistakenly referred to him as "she" in a much earlier post :o); HE's a great source of both humor and information.

Denny01 -- who would like to fashion himself as a curmudgeon, but is really one of the kindest and most considerate folks on this board. ;)

wwcruisers, very nice of you. I hate to mention those I'd like to meet up with because it's like thanking a group of hard workers at the end if a project - you just Know you will miss someone and that will hurt them a bit.

With that said, I'll jump right in!

The amount of work Librarady19 does keeping the S-Class SR info spreadsheet up is a labor of love and one of the best assets any forum has. And a tip of the hat to Mysticks1 who started the spreadsheet!

LoisR has taught by example how to has discuss things on an anonymous forum without being edgy or nasty. We sometimes forget others may not know some issue has been discussed over-and-over-and....and we roll in a grenade being just a little too cute at someone's expense.

And Host Andy is a true gentleman and quite adept at managing us.

I'll end there just because I don't want to try to cover it all, including those I've cruised with and enjoyed, such as Wino with his very descriptive handle!

A fun community to be part of.

Den

Hard to choose.

Its like picking the Top 10 songs of all time.Can't be done. I am looking forward to meeting the folks on the thread for my upcoming cruise.They've become neighbors already

..............Frank:)

wwcruisers, very nice of you. I hate to mention those I'd like to meet up with because it's like thanking a group of hard workers at the end if a project - you just Know you will miss someone and that will hurt them a bit.

With that said, I'll jump right in!

The amount of work Librarady19 does keeping the S-Class SR info spreadsheet up is a labor of love and one of the best assets any forum has. And a tip of the hat to Mysticks1 who started the spreadsheet!

LoisR has taught by example how to has discuss things on an anonymous forum without being edgy or nasty. We sometimes forget others may not know some issue has been discussed over-and-over-and....and we roll in a grenade being just a little too cute at someone's expense.

And Host Andy is a true gentleman and quite adept at managing us.

I'll end there just because I don't want to try to cover it all, including those I've cruised with and enjoyed, such as Wino with his very descriptive handle!

A fun community to be part of.

Den

Well said Denny (as usual). My first thought upon revisiting this thread was ...."oh no, I forgot to mention Denny! Better late than never. I always enjoy your posts.:)

Well said Denny (as usual). My first thought upon revisiting this thread was ...."oh no, I forgot to mention Denny! Better late than never. I always enjoy your posts.:)

I posted just so people knew how to spell my name!

I forgot a whole slew of people who I've read about on this forum and would just love to meet on my cruise: the people posters say told them they got cheaper SRs then they did - nothing like sitting around telling others what you paid. People who actually tell others face-face they removed their gratuities because 'it's wrong'. People who come on forums over and over again telling everyone how bad that Line is and how great 'their' Line is - would make the cruise so much better meeting all those lovely people.

Den

I forgot a whole slew of people who I've read about on this forum and would just love to meet on my cruise: the people posters say told them they got cheaper SRs then they did - nothing like sitting around telling others what you paid. People who actually tell others face-face they removed their gratuities because 'it's wrong'. People who come on forums over and over again telling everyone how bad that Line is and how great 'their' Line is - would make the cruise so much better meeting all those lovely people.

Den

This is all totally true (and funny), Den, but it's a different topic . . . people we'd like to avoid being with on a cruise!! Right? If you started that thread, then those people would come on being negative and nasty saying it's not them and sharing what they hate about themselves that they don't know are their shortcomings.

Overall, most people on the cruises and these boards are decent and nice. Some on the cruises are a little boring, bland and/or shy. But, that's life. Fun topic and discussion.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 97,264 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Archived