Who on the Boards Would You Most Like to Cruise With?

richsea

[quote name='momofmeg'] we switched to the Solstice Med, that is why I got to "know" Terry, his posts about the ship and port helped us a whole lot! [/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Georgia"] Appreciate the nice mention above by momofmeg and other earlier comments. [I][B]This is a really great and interesting thread of various comments[/B][/I], thoughts and future interests. It is wonderful that Host Andy is working on a special Celebrity cruise for many of us to sail together. The challenge, however, is there is such a diverse group of people on these boards that it will be hard to get ALL of the many, challenging schedules and interests to match up for one time and location. Of course, if it's a free cruise, that always helps be creative. Doubt that will be happening, but we can always dream and hope.

The other "reality challenge" is that on a large ship like the Solstice and this class/size of sailing craft, a port-intense cruise makes it so much harder to have time to interact and connect with others. You're busy, busy!! So very much to do on the ship and in ports. Time is limited and pressured. Love the idea, but busy, active, involved people tend to be going and moving fast in several directions at the same time. [I][B]Keep up the good comments and positive thoughts.[/B][/I] It's very refreshing and interesting!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from [B]Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik[/B]. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 97,780 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:
[B][url]www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474[/url][/B]

What a great thread. There have been many who have helped me out over the years and I can't remember them all. Here are a few:

Lois R, Sarah, LibraryLady, Denny01, Gonzo, Host Andy, A Sixth, Happy Cruiser 6143, Cheryl Rosyln, DKJretired, Texed, Wino, Elena7Seas, and many more!!

I have been fortunate to sail with Host Andy, A Sixth,Happy Cruiser6143, Cherylroslyn,Lois,Tuggers, and Nereus, who had a different cruise critic name back then. Some of these I have been fortunate enought to sail with more than once. I can say they were all wonderful people. Would certainly love to sail on a cruise critic cruise. Even better if in the middle of the winter. What a way to get rid of the Northeast Winter Blues.

Pat

[quote name='RodPat']I have been fortunate to sail with Host Andy, A Sixth,Happy Cruiser6143, Cherylroslyn,Lois,Tuggers, and Nereus, who had a different cruise critic name back then. Some of these I have been fortunate enought to sail with more than once. I can say they were all wonderful people. Would certainly love to sail on a cruise critic cruise. Even better if in the middle of the winter. What a way to get rid of the Northeast Winter Blues.

Pat[/QUOTE]

:eek::eek: I forgot about that.... we have sailed together. :o Bermuda May 2010 right? After many dozens of cruises keeping track of all the people we've met gets tough.

Like this summer.

The wife has loved the fact that since January I've been calling her little "pet names" all the time.

You know what I mean. "honey bunch" , "sweetie-pie", "Darling" pleasantries like that and all was well until she found out why I was doing it.......... I'd forgotten her first name. :eek::p

Haven't spent much time on our own boat this summer. Home projects at hand and Joni has a whip.

[IMG]http://thesinosaudiblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/whip.jpg[/IMG]

Too many to count and so many screen-names to remember with my not-so-good memory these days!

But, I will have to agree - Blazerboy is for sure a lot of fun to sail with! We met on our recent Transatlantic and plan to sail together again on the Summit in October! Watch out! I also think I'd enjoy sailing with PartyAllDaTyme as we seem to appreciate the same beers. I also appreciate the feedback and information I've received from Gonzo over the years and think they would make great cruise-mates as well! :)

I'd like to add... that while I am more involved on CC, my husband is perhaps more outgoing... so we always meet so many wonderful people on board!

Thanks for starting this great thread. We've been so fortunate to meet and sail with so many of these wonderful people and have made deep and lasting friendships with many. Some are now a real part of our lives on a regular basis and we feel blessed to have them in our lives.

I want to thank those that made the nice comments about me and my posts. Years ago I always wondered who those weird people on internet forums with thousands of posts were and now I find myself one of them!

I’m not going to try to start listing all those I’d like to meet on board as it would be too long of a list. We share something special with all the frequent posters on this board and that is a love of cruising, especially on Celebrity, and that makes for great conversation and fun – even with those we don’t always agree with on these boards.

We’ve met several of the frequent posters from these boards and have enjoyed our times and conversations on board with them. Many of them have become good friends - at the top of that list are two frequent posters who are great people: Ma Bell (Joan) and excitedofharpenden,(Phil). Other frequent posters we’ve met and become cruise friends with include GKM (Garry) and Bob278, NPS001 (Joe) and Karynanne. We met Host Andy on one cruise but we were both so busy we didn’t have much time to talk other than at the Connections party. We even had lunch with TexEd at a port stop even though we were not sailing together (no they didn’t serve waffles at the beach bar). There are many others so I’m not going to try and list them all.

We’ve also met many other people who don’t post quite as frequently, aside from roll calls, a few of which have become great friends beyond cruising. The roll calls are a great place to get to know others who share a love of cruising and other common interests you can then connect with on board to share in conversation or cruising activities. We’ve met so many people this way that we always seem to be sailing with so many cruise friends it’s hard to find the time to make new ones!

[quote name='PartyAllDaTyme']....One of my fantasies would be for Celebrity to put together a special Cruise Critic cruise featuring the Celebrities of the Celebrity Cruise Critic board. I think it might be a boon to sales-- I'll bet there would be more than a few folks that would book it, just to meet and rub elbows with some of the folks that hang out here. Being Celebrity celebrities, they would of course be given free suite accommodations for themselves and their SO. If anybody cares to get a grass roots campaign going, I'm all in favor of it. Just remember to mention my name to X.:D:eek::rolleyes:[/quote]

This is a great idea! They could even arrange a few special activities based on some of the topics frequently discussed here: For example we could have a big food fight on the first formal night between those dressed in formal attire and those that come to the dining room without - the winners get to decide how the dress code will be for the next formal night (but even if my side loses I'll still wear my tux since it will be my cruise and I can dress however I like). We can also arrange a happy hour each night in the martini bar - Celebrity doesn't need to make special arrangements for this as we'll just have those with the premium beverage packages get drinks to share with the rest of us. :D:eek::rolleyes:. I'm sure we can think of other great ideas - but perhaps those would be best left for another thread.

[quote name='Lsimon']This is a great idea! They could even arrange a few special activities based on some of the topics frequently discussed here: For example we could have a big food fight on the first formal night between those dressed in formal attire and those that come to the dining room without - the winners get to decide how the dress code will be for the next formal night (but even if my side loses I'll still wear my tux since it will be my cruise and I can dress however I like). We can also arrange a happy hour each night in the martini bar - Celebrity doesn't need to make special arrangements for this as we'll just have those with the premium beverage packages get drinks to share with the rest of us. :D:eek::rolleyes:. I'm sure we can think of other great ideas - but perhaps those would be best left for another thread.[/QUOTE]

Larry, you made me LOL this morning! Terrific idea! Count us in.

I also have to add how meeting so many cruise friends throughout the years, have developed into "real" long, lasting friendships. I can't picture my life wthout some very dear, special friends. One in particular is like a sister to me...actually, quite often are mistaken for sisters!

Cruise Critic serves a multitude of purposes. Not only does it provide with invaluable information, but creates relationships/friendships that could never occur under different circumstances.

The one major thing that we all have in common...our love of cruising.

Karyn

Kitkat 9438 I am embarassed that I didn't mention you earlier. Your are always so quick to jump in with advice. It was because of you that I learned to use priceline for hotels (Marriot Stellaris and Intercontinental) and knew about the glass elevators on M-class before I had even sailed. I picked my room on my first sailing based on your advice and I have sailed in the exact same room on every M-class cruise...including the next two.

A sixth - I love the little "visuals" you attach to your posts. I still remember one you did with a little "smile face" next to a popcorn machine that was eating popcorn waiting for a big "blow up" on the boards....it must have been a "dress code" or "chair hog" type discussion......but it was hilarious !!!!

RodPat - we have sailed to get there twice and would look foward to a third if we could get this cruise off the ground :)

Bhughey and Blazerboy I look foward to meeting you guys on the Summit Repo in October......:) sixty five days...but who is really counting:)

Hi Larry, I do want say I think your replies are always so detailed
and courteous:)

And thanks to all those folks who thanked me too........
It is always appreciated:)

[quote name='RodPat']I have been fortunate to sail with Host Andy, A Sixth,Happy Cruiser6143, Cherylroslyn,Lois,Tuggers, and Nereus, who had a different cruise critic name back then. Some of these I have been fortunate enought to sail with more than once. I can say they were all wonderful people. Would certainly love to sail on a cruise critic cruise. Even better if in the middle of the winter. What a way to get rid of the Northeast Winter Blues.

Pat[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="3"]Pat, looking forward to our next adventure! And now that we have the dancing numbers dancing again, nothing can stop us. Woo Hoo![/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='BrusselsGirl07']Canberra is pretty great, but a bit frosty at the moment! Where are you guys? We have to have dinner!

You meet the best people on cruises and on cruise critic![/quote]
We are in Monash, how about yourself?:D

[quote name='A Sixth?'] I forgot about that.... we have sailed together. :o Bermuda May 2010 right? After many dozens of cruises keeping track of all the people we've met gets tough.
Like this summer.
The wife has loved the fact that since January I've been calling her little "pet names" all the time.
You know what I mean. "honey bunch" , "sweetie-pie", "Darling" pleasantries like that and all was well until she found out why I was doing it.......... I'd forgotten her first name.
[/quote]
LOL I hope my wife doesn't read this she may think I have forgotten her name as well.:D

[quote name='cherylroslyn']Kitkat 9438 I am embarassed that I didn't mention you earlier. Your are always so quick to jump in with advice. It was because of you that I learned to use priceline for hotels (Marriot Stellaris and Intercontinental) and knew about the glass elevators on M-class before I had even sailed. I picked my room on my first sailing based on your advice and I have sailed in the exact same room on every M-class cruise...including the next two.

A sixth - I love the little "visuals" you attach to your posts. I still remember one you did with a little "smile face" next to a popcorn machine that was eating popcorn waiting for a big "blow up" on the boards....it must have been a "dress code" or "chair hog" type discussion......but it was hilarious !!!!

RodPat - we have sailed to get there twice and would look foward to a third if we could get this cruise off the ground :)

Bhughey and Blazerboy I look foward to meeting you guys on the Summit Repo in October......:) sixty five days...but who is really counting:)[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I know it's hard to remember everyone's screen names. I know I've forgotten a few.

I just love cruise critic and all the great people I've met on here. Cheryl how did you like the solstization of the Summit? We are sailing in a Sky Suite again in December and can't wait to see the changes. The Summit is one of our favorite ships.

[quote name='Lsimon'] We even had lunch with TexEd at a port stop even though we were not sailing together (no they didn’t serve waffles at the beach bar). [/quote]

[B][COLOR=darkred]Now that's funny, I don't care who you are. :D[/COLOR][/B]

FWIW

In an infinite universe we all have sailed together already on a parallel Celebrity cruise line. :eek:

[IMG]http://www.historyoftheuniverse.com/images/multiverse.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/assets_c/2010/12/sn-multiverse-thumb-800xauto-4989.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='A Sixth?']FWIW

In an infinite universe we all have sailed together already on a parallel Celebrity cruise line. :eek:[/quote]
Is that the one where you can wear thongs (flipflops) in the MDR, you can share your drink packages and everyone has a Suite for the price of a inside cabin with $800 OBC?:D

[quote name='MicCanberra']Is that the one where you can wear thongs (flipflops) in the MDR, you can share your drink packages and everyone has a Suite for the price of a inside cabin with $800 OBC?:D[/QUOTE]

:D

Ahhh Grasshopper. :p

In the infinite universe EVERYTHING happens. :eek: There are an infinite number of copies of every reality, and of us and of every form of formal night. :o

[IMG]http://www.reconnections.net/daniel_cascade.gif[/IMG]

:eek::eek: I forgot about that.... we have sailed together. :o Bermuda May 2010 right? After many dozens of cruises keeping track of all the people we've met gets tough.

Like this summer.

You know what I mean. "honey bunch" , "sweetie-pie", "Darling" pleasantries like that and all was well until she found out why I was doing it.......... I'd forgotten her first name. :eek::p

Haven't spent much time on our own boat this summer. Home projects at hand and Joni has a whip.

whip.jpg

That was the cruise. Everytime you and Rod got together you and he talked about boats. Sorry you didn't have time to use your boat much this summer. Our summer has been dealing with doctors. Have to have my thyroid out at the end of Sept. We cruise Nov. 16 and I better be fine by then or I will be a bull to live with. I find some days you are the dog and other days you are the fire hydrant.

Pat

WOW ~ what a great thread. I have had been fortunate to sail with many of our Celebrity board members over the years but there are still lots more I'd love to meet. I want to fight Texed for the waffles as they are coming off the waffle iron!!!! :)

The really neat thing is that I've noticed a LOT of "old-time" posters on this thread. Nice to see so many of you posting. it would be great to see a Celebrity Cruise Critic cruise in the future. Host Andy, I'm more than happy to help.

Oh....and I've sailed with Lois. She really is THAT nice!!! :)

That was the cruise. Everytime you and Rod got together you and he talked about boats. Sorry you didn't have time to use your boat much this summer. Our summer has been dealing with doctors. Have to have my thyroid out at the end of Sept. We cruise Nov. 16 and I better be fine by then or I will be a bull to live with. I find some days you are the dog and other days you are the fire hydrant.

Pat

I'm sure all will go well.

My boat's sitting safe and sound at the Yacht Club, and I get down there almost every day, but there are places she'd rather be. :(

2ivjza0.jpg

2jca2ig.jpg

2n06mqb.jpg

mcey2u.jpg

wbrz3o.jpg

I want to fight Texed for the waffles as they are coming off the waffle iron!!!! :)

Fight for a waffle? Fight for a waffle? Let me think!

The coward dies many times before his death, but the valent waffle eater tastes of death but once, but gets to taste many waffles. :cool:

Archived