Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

I dont know how to post full size images. :(Can someone tell me how or point me to a previous message tread. Thank you!

I do it as follows (in Windows):

Go to the relevant photo, right-click on it and select "Copy Image Location". Then come here to CC and in your post, click on the yellow icon with the mountain on it. Right-click in the pop-up window and select "Paste", the click OK. Voilà!

2012_11_9_Halle_6_W466.jpg

Amazing photos of an amazing process. Hard to actually imagine how an entire section of ship can be lifted in place!

We are looking forward to Bermuda on the Breakaway--Bermuda is one of our favorite ports and after seeing these pictures I want an aft cabin.

Thanks so much for this thread.

it looks like the spa will have a nice big balcony on top of the bridge. If so it takes away the privacy of the DOS

Interesting observation...

* To see and be seen? ... Some pax staying in a DOS might like that,:rolleyes:

* Looks like the DOS will also have forward facing doors - imagine the wind and rain.:eek:

* I like the fact that the DOS is set back from the Bridge. Pehaps they will be able to leave the curtians open at night.:D

* As for the open deck space below and in front of the spa - seems like premium space that should be used for something.:confused:

ummmm????

Has anyone noticed that with all the upper deck activities, Ropes Courses and Huge Slides and Mega basketball that the Distinctive NCL Funell is starting to dissappear. I wonder if anyone at NCL thought of this before building...It would be a shame to lose that distinctive tall funnel we all love so much.

Kev:cool:

8204583492_8759671416_b.jpg

What I find interesting is just how many blocks are assembled ready for Getaway at the side. No wonder she'll be early.

On the last Dawn cruise I took before NCL announced she'd be ready early they already knew Getaway would be ready early. What I was hoping for out of all that was the delivery of Breakaway. I was also told they may take delivery of her earlier than expected but it appears that may not happen after all. If it did they'd just add more time to the Rotterdam cruise on the front end. The Trans-Atlantic would be ok! So far it seems the original time line of a December float out is looking right as the most recent NCL pics show her from blocks still being welded together.

Has anyone noticed that with all the upper deck activities, Ropes Courses and Huge Slides and Mega basketball that the Distinctive NCL Funell is starting to dissappear. I wonder if anyone at NCL thought of this before building...It would be a shame to lose that distinctive tall funnel we all love so much.

Kev:cool:

Hey Kev,

Because of the crane inside the building they have to shorten the smoke stack. The crane wouldn't be able to clear the smoke stack. I don't know why like Celebrity they just didn't add it until after the float out so it would be bigger and more distinctive. I think the rest of the exhaust pipes will be added after float out anyway because you don't see any shiny or black tubes sticking up from the smoke stack. It's nice to see most of the extras are getting into place from the water slides to the sports court.

Hey Kev,

Because of the crane inside the building they have to shorten the smoke stack. The crane wouldn't be able to clear the smoke stack. I don't know why like Celebrity they just didn't add it until after the float out so it would be bigger and more distinctive. I think the rest of the exhaust pipes will be added after float out anyway because you don't see any shiny or black tubes sticking up from the smoke stack. It's nice to see most of the extras are getting into place from the water slides to the sports court.

Hey Michael

I notice you are doing the TA for Breakaway. I am doing June 9, Bermuda.

Do you think they will raise the funnel higher and then add the stacks pipes. It looks like the slides are higher than the funnel and at this point it looks like the BBall court will be smoked out.:eek:

This is all very disconcerting to me as I love seeing that big blue funnel above everything else.:rolleyes:

ncl_breakaway_hullart_side.jpg

I guessd this is it for the funnel..The slides are higher actually or even with ..Perhaps as you say the pipes will give it a little height. I imagine that they must be pretty close to MAX height for the Verazzano bridge so it can't be taller. I guess as we add decks and sports and adventure stuff...the funnels will be compromised. Too bad but what can you do...?

Kev

Archived