Panasonic DMC-FZ200

c230k

Any one have the Panasonic DMW-LT55 1.7x teleconverter, was thinking from reviews might be a nice add on to extend the 600mm to 1020mm without any effect on quality. Enjoy wildlife photography and close is better.

Thanks

Tom :cool:

Need reconmendations for an external flash for my FZ200. Also just bought the Pansonic LX-7. Great camera for those wanting a small camera that has 1.4 aperature.

my first photo

P1010334_zps8f2170b7.jpg

How do I post a picture like that? I did it as an attachment a it came out small. Oh I think I got it, you have to put [img at the beginning and end right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have played with taking HD videos and zooming (in and out) at the same time. There is a slight delay in re-focusing as you zoom in. Once you stop zooming, it re-focuses and all is good.

ditto. Works well if you do a slow zoom.

Edited by dileep

GREAT VIDEO, did you edit in the camera or software? Great how you took video of a picture, guess I have a lot to learn.

Used the free Windows MovieMaker that comes with your PC or as part of Windows Live. Very easy to use.

Thanks.

This was my first video, son driving at Daytona speedway, should have had a tripod and do less zooming. Still learning, wish I had done better for him, but never did video. Guess I need to practice. lol

• 2 weeks later...

dileep,

Beautiful flowers! I was going to go last weekend as per your suggestion, but the darned flu bug jumped up and got me! :mad:

I'm hoping to go to Joshua Tree within the next week, so I'll post pictures from there if the flowers are blooming. We've had such a dry winter, I don't know what I'll find, but I love going there!

dileep' date='

Beautiful flowers! I was going to go last weekend as per your suggestion, but the darned flu bug jumped up and got me! :mad:

I'm hoping to go to Joshua Tree within the next week, so I'll post pictures from there if the flowers are blooming. We've had such a dry winter, I don't know what I'll find, but I love going there![/quote']

Weekends are crowded. We went weekday evening. They close at 6 pm. Need at least an hour to enjoy the place.

Great pics Dileep and others. I'm glad I looked back at this thread. I am not the proud owner of a FZ200 yet and was having doubts that I might not be able make full use of it and discovered that there was also a FZ60 and that might suit my limited ability, but after looking here and elsewhere I will focus again on the FZ200 which is about £200 less than it was on release.

I have the camera on order, next deciision is how big a mamory card. I managed quite well with a 2gb previously with my lovely little Konica Minolta Dimage Z5, even with the occasional video.

Lots of sights to see this year with Alaska/Seattle/Amtrak/Chicago in two weeks. Perhaps I should move up to 8gb or would the FZ200 users here suggest more?

I have the camera on order, next decision is how big a memory card. I managed quite well with a 2gb previously with my lovely little Konica Minolta Dimage Z5, even with the occasional video.

Lots of sights to see this year with Alaska/Seattle/Amtrak/Chicago in two weeks. Perhaps I should move up to 8gb or would the FZ200 users here suggest more?

I have found out that the SD HC cards which are cheaper are for still photos in the main and the more expensive SD XC class 4 are for still and good video as well. I should have managed that yesterday but failed. They are considerably cheaper than the last time I bought one.

I just bought some Samsung UHS-1 Class 10 32GB SDHC cards for $20.99 this week at Frys Electronics!

Class 4 is too slow for HD video.

Edited by dileep

Thanks to all here for some great photos. I have the camera and just snapped a couple of shots from a bedroom window at an oak tree and a bird box just to introduce myself to the beautiful black FZ200, super autofocus and screen. Now loading PHOTOfunSTUDIO 8.3 PE to see what that is all about. I was using Picassa but things are getting a bit complicated. I believe you use what is avaiable in Windows 7 Dileep for photos and the Windows program for video.

Thanks for the dpreview site C230K.

I believe you use what is avaiable in Windows 7 Dileep for photos and the Windows program for video.

Correct. It may now be part of the free Windows Live install that is pre-installed on some Windows 7 computers.