Panasonic DMC-FZ200

c230k

Correct. It may now be part of the free Windows Live install that is pre-installed on some Windows 7 computers.

Windows has improved dramatically since I first started messing about with it and always avoided video but have had a few trials and now it does seem more interesting.

I am currently reading as much as I can about FZ200, watching david Houghton on Y tube and taking few snaps. There seems a lot to learn but my efforts seem to look excellent. I must be pressing the right buttons. I am glad I found this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
In the video, a book is shown by Graham Houghton, "The Missing Manual Advanced User Guide". Does anyone know if this is just a prop or if such a book exists. I can't seem to find any books written for the DMC-FZ200.

Anyone find a good book on the camera or is it too early for one?

I saw that someone asked Graham Houghton the same question and he said it was his creation using Photoshop so the guide is on You Tube. There is no book. He does cover just about everything but the more research I do tends to make me inclined to do the basic and let the camera do the technical stuff. I will still have to find the subject. From my back garden I have views of a Church, Castle, Viaduct and, when the leaves are not on the trees a stately home and the Paeonies are starting to come out so no excuses really.

I saw that someone asked Graham Houghton the same question and he said it was his creation using Photoshop so the guide is on You Tube. There is no book. He does cover just about everything but the more research I do tends to make me inclined to do the basic and let the camera do the technical stuff. I will still have to find the subject. From my back garden I have views of a Church, Castle, Viaduct and, when the leaves are not on the trees a stately home and the Paeonies are starting to come out so no excuses really.

That's what I thought. But I had to ask. Too bad he doesn't write a book. I find it easier to read through a book to help teach me how to do things. The videos are good, but my memory is not what it used to be.

I too will be relying on the auto aspects of my FZ200. Probably 90% will be taken in the auto mode. I will try to experiment a little. Big test is coming up in a little more than 3 weeks when we leave for Alaska.

You need to post your pictures on the Dpreviw,con under enter a challenges. Your pictures would have a great chance in winning. There just photographers voting, but it's fun. They have different contest every day, and your pictures would do great. Just a thought.

Tom :cool:

You need to post your pictures on the Dpreviw,con under enter a challenges. Your pictures would have a great chance in winning. There just photographers voting, but it's fun. They have different contest every day, and your pictures would do great. Just a thought.

Thanks for letting me know.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about the FZ 200. Target is selling this particular camera online and calling it the FZ 200 P. Would anyone know if there is a difference in these 2 cameras?

I finally did it! After much deliberation I have finally ordered this camera. I hope to have it in a couple of weeks so I will have a couple of months to practice before our cruise to the Panama Canal.

I will pop by once I have it and share a photo.

Carla :)

i finally did it! After much deliberation i have finally ordered this camera. I hope to have it in a couple of weeks so i will have a couple of months to practice before our cruise to the panama canal.

I will pop by once i have it and share a photo.

Carla :)

check youtube for good instructions on the use of this camea

I have a question about the FZ 200. Target is selling this particular camera online and calling it the FZ 200 P. Would anyone know if there is a difference in these 2 cameras?

Same name at Target. From what I have read it only means "color black" and is ok still the FZ200. Also have see FZ200K.

You wll really enjoy this camera, use it more than I used my DLSR, think size and not changing the lens helps.

Another heads up (as Im thinking of the same camera) B&H Photo has the camera for $499 (shows $598 but changes in cart) or you can pay $529 and get a camera bag and extra SD card. Also have a $599 deal that has extra battery, tripod, service plan etc etc......

If you get the FZ200 also check out the DMW-LT55E tele conversion lens, goes out to 1020mm, for the price and the review, thought would give it a try for wildlife. I did buy it and for the money and picture output it's worth it. In Alasaka I needed that extra range for whale watching.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

Just bought the Panasonic ZS30, following your recommendation. Wanted a good compact camera and this camera as all the options. Like the fact can take a picture and send right to my Ipad. Of course will always keep the FZ200, GREAT CAMERA. Enjoy all your pictures you post.