Panasonic DMC-FZ200

c230k

If you get the FZ200 also check out the DMW-LT55E tele conversion lens, goes out to 1020mm, for the price and the review, thought would give it a try for wildlife. I did buy it and for the money and picture output it's worth it. In Alasaka I needed that extra range for whale watching.

Tom :cool:

I am planning to buy the FZ200, having decided I will find the 24x zoom all I need for most occasions. I would be interested in the conversion lens for birding. How easy was it to attach and use? Did you need a tripod when the extender was attached? Thank you to you (and Dileep) for your helpful posts while I was making up my mind.

I am planning to buy the FZ200, having decided I will find the 24x zoom all I need for most occasions. I would be interested in the conversion lens for birding. How easy was it to attach and use? Did you need a tripod when the extender was attached? Thank you to you (and Dileep) for your helpful posts while I was making up my mind.

You need the adapter DMW-LA7 and the DMT- LT55 1.7x lens. About all I can say is that it works well, with or without changing the setting in the camera to conversion lens. Mostly screwing it on, like you would a filter, great for shooting images of wildlife that are a long ways off. It is impressive what this camera allows you to capture with that lens zoomed in at around 1100mm handheld. Even more impressive when you put it on a tripod and use a remote shutter release with the right settings. Requires Lens Adaptor (DMW-LA7) for attachment.

Look here for addition info.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMW-LT55-Conversion-Digital-Cameras/dp/B000F6Y686/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1379855589&sr=1-1&keywords=dmw-lt55+tele+conversion+lens

check B&H for a good price.

I have the Sony RX100, great pocket camera and takes great pictures.

Here is a comparison between the FZ200, Rx100 and Rx100II from ddpreview.com hope that helps. Still like the FZ200 for it's range and fast lens.

http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/side-by-side?products=panasonic_dmcfz200&products=sony_dscrx100m2&products=sony_dscrx100

• 3 weeks later...

Graham Houghton has compiled a lot of information which I am trying to get to grips with. I have always used the easy option when taking photos and am usually pleased. Clearly it takes a bit of practice. Not this weekend though as we have some bad weather arriving from across the Atlantic for the weekend, although you acn try out the camera settings indoors to get the hang of it.

from Graham Houghton

THANKS

Enjoy all his videos, he sure loves the FZ200 as you do with your great pics and videos.

Here are some of Graham's FZ200 tips, PDF files to read

http://grahamhoughton.jimdo.com/download-section/

Keeping my FZ200, but also bought the Sony HX300, wanted the extended range to 1200mm to take wildlife pictures. Sure beats carrying DLSR and some long lenses lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:cool:GREAT PICTURES!!!!

UPDATE:

Graham Houghton released his free ebook the FZ200 User's Manual

Here is the definitive guide to the FZ200 camera and he is giving it away free. Anyone who does not know who Graham is, he is the YouTube poster who does all of the illustrated users guides on this great camera. He has now taken the time to write all of his wisdom that he passes along in the videos (and then some) in this real world users guide to the FZ200.

Here are the links:

You can download the book from on his blog page http://www.grahamhoughton.co.uk/

Also, if you have not checked out his YouTube channel here is the link to that as well. http://www.youtube.com/user/ghough12?feature=watch

Tom :cool::cool:

• 3 weeks later...

The Ebook for the Panasonic FZ200 has been changed, sorry.

Can not post the web address.

So go to dpreview.com and do a search for Ebook FZ200 and there you will find the ebook dowload file.

BEST PART, IT'S FREE. ENJOY!!!

Edited by c230k

GREAT DETAIL, WELL DONE. My brother-in-law took the same picture as your second picture, your is much better. lol

Have a chance to check out Graham Houghton free ebook, my post before yours.

GREAT DETAIL, WELL DONE. My brother-in-law took the same picture as your second picture, your is much better. lol

Have a chance to check out Graham Houghton free ebook, my post before yours.

Thanks, Tom.

Appreciate the feedback.

Richard