Panasonic DMC-FZ200

c230k

dileep, that's a beautiful shot. Thanks for sharing!

One of these days, I'm going to decide that my knees just can't handle schlepping a DSLR around anymore, and I have the FZ200 in the list of what might come next for me. . . (Of course, there's mirrorless to consider as well, but your pictures and those of others with this camera are always impressive.)

Without having seen this thread, but having done A LOT of research I ordered this camera and it just arrived today. It's my first venture beyond point and shoot with crappy lenses. I will probably never get out of Auto mode - but DH has already been playing with some more of the features.

But I wanted to say THANK YOU for the gorgeous pictures and the helpful information in this thread.

I can't wait to use the camera for something other than taking "before" pictures of our kitchen remodel. But at least now we have clear pictures of that.

All of you that enjoy this camera, as I do have an update.

I have dowloaded this FREE Ebook by Graham Boughton on the FZ200. Great book to read and learn the best ways to use and get great results.Here is the LINK,ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.grahamhoughton.com/download-section/

Tom :cool:

Also additional PDF files he has written on HOW TO:

Edited by c230k

All of you that enjoy this camera, as I do have an update.

I have dowloaded this FREE Ebook by Graham Boughton on the FZ200. Great book to read and learn the best ways to use and get great results.Here is the LINK,ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.grahamhoughton.com/download-section/

Also additional PDF files he has written on HOW TO:

THanks! I had watched some of his YouTube videos prior to getting my camera (yes it came yesterday, I love it dearly), but this stuff is great.

• 2 weeks later...

I need some quick advice from those with the experience of using this camera. I have it and have used it on daytime outdoors shots which I'm extremely happy with, but Saturday I'm going to the NHL Stadium Series game at Dodger Stadium (Ducks vs. Kings) and I really want to get some good shots. I usually don't take pictures at sporting events, but I'll have my 3 sons with me who are huge hockey fans, and I work for the Anaheim Ducks so I would like help in getting nice pictures.

Can someone please advise me on what you would do with this camera under these conditions... outdoors under stadium lights.

I REALLY appreciate any help and if I get some good shots, I'll come back and post some.

Thank you so much!!!!

Can someone please advise me on what you would do with this camera under these conditions... outdoors under stadium lights.

I REALLY appreciate any help and if I get some good shots, I'll come back and post some.

Thank you so much!!!!

Having no experience with these conditions, but I did find some good infomation that might help. Dpreview.com is one of the best web sites for info on camera's and photography. Found this on the Panasonic forum:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3350252#forum-post-50455468

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice pics everybody! I think I am going to try to talk my parents into this camera.

Mom has been wanting a DSLR, but she is upgrading from a silly point n shoot. Plus if they get a DSLR they would have to get a better lens for everyday use than the kit lens it comes with and that just adds up to too much $$$$

this Panasonic seems awesome!!!!

I might even consider it myself. is everybody happy with the 24x zoom? I know I've seen other bridge cameras with longer zooms so I was just curious.

anybody know if there is a camera similar to this pansonic but WITH the wifi? I feel like wifi would make things super easy for loading pics from camera to computer!

thoughts? thanks!

I might even consider it myself. is everybody happy with the 24x zoom? I know I've seen other bridge cameras with longer zooms so I was just curious.

I've had this camera for about a week, and am in the very early trying out phase (as I've mentioned on another thread). Only had a chance so far to use it in mostly good light, but the zoom is very impressive and sharp. How much more than 600mm do you need? :)

CanadaGoose1024x761_zpsa21ede6c.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

I've had this camera for about a week, and am in the very early trying out phase (as I've mentioned on another thread). Only had a chance so far to use it in mostly good light, but the zoom is very impressive and sharp. How much more than 600mm do you need? :)

(photo by turtles06)

In Intelligent Auto mode, it goes up to 48x with reasonable sharpness!

FWIW, this is last night's not quite full moon, shot handheld in the middle of a 30mph wind storm. (I shouldn't have been outside, but I wanted to see what the new camera would do. :) ) Manual exposure mode, f/8, 1/125, ISO 100, 24x zoom

NotQuiteFullMoon_zps6f061dc9.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

anybody know if there is a camera similar to this pansonic but WITH the wifi? I feel like wifi would make things super easy for loading pics from camera to computer!

thoughts? thanks!

You can by a SD card with wifi memory, send pictures from your camera to computer.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=sd+wifi+memory+card&tag=googhydr-20&index=electronics&hvadid=24963398791&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11401907211671085341&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_28q0zpjaoq_b

I have an eye fi wireless card in my FZ 200. Pics are immediately transferred to my tablet, then uploaded to laptop. Cannot chose pics to transfer......all or nothing. In my Olympus tg 2, I canchoose pics to transfer via menu choices. Card works well with a bit of setup

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
but not a substitute for my Fz200 :p

If I read this forum correctly, you've had the FZ200 for about 2 years now. Would you repurchase?

I'm trying to decide between it and the Canon SX50...

For a cruise to Alaska, is the 24x zoom "enough"?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app