Panasonic DMC-FZ200

c230k

Bah I thought I was saving money buying a used (rarely supposedly) FZ200 for $420. I must not have seen the amazon ones for 499. I saw prices way higher than that and moved on to other sites.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Think supply and demand. Noticed the price keeps going up, cost a lot more now than first released. Also noticed they have a new camera do for Sept. the Panasonic FZ70, 20mm to 1200mm. Pre-order one for me son, will be great to compare the two.

http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/compact/fz70_fz72/photo.html

Tom :cool:

Edited by c230k

So I had to return my camera. I think the CCD sensor got damaged during shipping. When I turned it on all I could see was vertical lines. Oh well. Worth a shot.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Will they replace it?

My FZ40 had a problem after about 6 months of use. I sent it in to Panasonic. They sent me a replacement refurbished camera and kept mine to be fixed, and probably sent it to the next perso who had a defective camera.

That's why I Ebay is use PayPal, it's quick and safe. Also by a lot from Amazon new and used and if there is a problem I can send it back for a full refund and they pay shipping.

Good luck with your refund and hope you can buy the FZ200.

Also noticed they have a new camera do for Sept. the Panasonic FZ70, 20mm to 1200mm. Pre-order one for me son, will be great to compare the two.

http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/compact/fz70_fz72/photo.html

They have a comparison between the FZ70 and the FZ200 - You got to google it.

Essentially despite the wide angle and the extreme zoom of the FZ70, the FZ200 still is king.

I'm one of those tempted by the FZ70. But I don't usually look at cameras as replacements. Sometimes yes, but not normally. I think of them as additions to use when I need those specific features.

So when I really want the reach of that 1200mm lens, I'm going to take along the FZ70. Either by itself or with another camera. For the price, if it works will be wonderful for wildlife, if not can return and move on. My FZ200 is a keeper for sure. Picture taken last week in the front yard.

P1010613_zpsb165d3c2.jpg

Very happy with my Panasonic DMC FZ-200. I took it to Alaska and was very impressed with the pictures and movies I took. Here is one of Mt. McKinley on the Summit McKinley Flight Seeing excursion I took. We flew around and over Mt. Mckinley (oxygen equipped).

P1070277_zpsef235a1e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some amazing pictures!

Whenever cameras go on sale I place two competing cameras on my search engine such as Panasonic DMC FZ200 vs Canon SX50 and a website gives a numerical weighting of the two choices. Has anyone had experience with both these cameras to counter the results?

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-PowerShot-SX50-HS-vs-Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-FZ200

There are a lot of fans here of the FX200 and the pictures do not lie - it is a nice camera. However, I am looking for a longer zoom and I think the FX70 might do the trick. I don't want to carry around a second lens and I love to take pictures of animals and scenery. I think I will buy it and if I don't like it, I can take it back within 14 days. The price in Canada is $429.00.

Some amazing pictures!

Whenever cameras go on sale I place two competing cameras on my search engine such as Panasonic DMC FZ200 vs Canon SX50 and a website gives a numerical weighting of the two choices. Has anyone had experience with both these cameras to counter the results?

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-PowerShot-SX50-HS-vs-Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-FZ200

Thank you for the link. The offer a more simplied comparison for technically-challenged people like me than other comparison sites. I compared the Canon SX50 to the Panasonic FX200 and the Panasonic wins out for me.

Thank you for the link. The offer a more simplied comparison for technically-challenged people like me than other comparison sites. I compared the Canon SX50 to the Panasonic FX200 and the Panasonic wins out for me.

We're a little south along the 401.

The pictures on this site are outstanding. My photography involves mostly cruising experiences, primarily ships in port and inside photos with staff members and fellow cruisers.

Did you handle both the Panasonic and the Canon?

There are a lot of fans here of the FX200 and the pictures do not lie - it is a nice camera. However, I am looking for a longer zoom and I think the FX70 might do the trick. I don't want to carry around a second lens and I love to take pictures of animals and scenery. I think I will buy it and if I don't like it, I can take it back within 14 days. The price in Canada is $429.00.

I am keeping my FZ200 love the range and 2.8. But I to wanted a longer zoom, so I just bought the Sony HX300. For what I need it perfect 24-1200mm. The site refered to compare camera does not do a very good job, so I always use dpreview for compare.

Here is a picture taken with the my new Sony HX300, the squirrel was across the street.

DSC00050_zpsdaa97955.jpg

We're a little south along the 401.

The pictures on this site are outstanding. My photography involves mostly cruising experiences, primarily ships in port and inside photos with staff members and fellow cruisers.

Did you handle both the Panasonic and the Canon?

I'm at Dixie and Rathburn, also south of the 401. I haven't handled the Panasonic yet but I have the Canon SX20 and I'm now used to this size. I like the Canon but never have been impressed with the indoor pictures. The guy at Henry's told me that I should have better luck with the Panasonic. He was trying to push the FZ200 on me but I told him I wanted primarily a camera for the zoom.

Some amazing pictures!

Go to this web site for the best professional review and compare the Canon SX50 and the FZ200. Think the FZ200 is the winner.

http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/side-by-side?products=canon_sx50hs&products=panasonic_dmcfz200