Seattle hotel help

mcat12

We have stayed at the Mayflower Park and in fact are scheduled to stay again in October.

We're heading down in in October too, 18th-21st. Staying at the Inn at the Market. We're looking forward to the Chihuly and the King Tut exhibits.

We have stayed at The Paramount Hotel on Pine St.

It was about a 10 minute walk to everything, great location, good price, clean and safe.

We are staying again for our summer 2013 Alaska cruise.

How is the walk to Pikes Market? Is it pretty level (for Seattle)? My SIL has had knee surgery and steep streets present a problem.

How is the walk to Pikes Market? Is it pretty level (for Seattle)? My SIL has had knee surgery and steep streets present a problem.

I've been told it's not bad. We'll be there in 2 1/2 weeks for the King Tut exhibit, and plan on walking from the Westlake Center (Monorail terminal) to Pike Place Market. If no one responds, I'll be sure to update.

I've been told it's not bad. We'll be there in 2 1/2 weeks for the King Tut exhibit, and plan on walking from the Westlake Center (Monorail terminal) to Pike Place Market. If no one responds, I'll be sure to update.
You want to enter the Pike Place Market from Pike Street, one block south of Pine. Pike Place itself (parallel to First Avenue) is level; however all the cross streets that intersect Pike Place, except Pike St., involve a steep downhill stretch between First Avenue and Pike Place. The farther north you go the steeper the hill between First and Pike Place.

Yes, it is level and an easy, nice walk. But as gardyloo said, if you take the other streets, there are some steep hills.

We're heading down in in October too, 18th-21st. Staying at the Inn at the Market. We're looking forward to the Chihuly and the King Tut exhibits.

Can you have us a review on INN at the Market. There are so many hotels there. Thank you

You want to enter the Pike Place Market from Pike Street, one block south of Pine. Pike Place itself (parallel to First Avenue) is level; however all the cross streets that intersect Pike Place, except Pike St., involve a steep downhill stretch between First Avenue and Pike Place. The farther north you go the steeper the hill between First and Pike Place.

Got it and thanks! We stayed at the Warwick last time and the steep climb back to the hotel was a challenge :eek:

Can you have us a review on INN at the Market. There are so many hotels there. Thank you

Everybody has their favorite downtown Seattle hotel, The Inn at the Market is ours. For lack of a better term the location has a fantastic “vibe” being across the street from Pike Place Market and Post Alley. Just a couple blocks from the waterfront and on the west side of central to everything downtown. No pool, no gym but a very nice rooftop deck that overlooks Elliott Bay. Tripadvisor has many reviews on it.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60878-d100507-Reviews-Inn_at_the_Market-Seattle_Washington.html

If you are looking for a hotel by SeaTac Airport, let me encourage you to stay at Cedarbrook Lodge, just checked $137 a night for Deluxe Queen, AND it is Deluxe. I have stayed here myself several times and it is beautiful with fabulous beds, each lodge has a kitchen area with free snacks and water. Decor is true NW with huge wooden beams and big fireplace off the lobby. You don't feel like you are in the middle of the city, lots of trees and the grounds have nice walking trails. The restaurant is 4 1/2 stars with Trip Advisor and Yelp. Free shuttle to the airport, but not really within walking distance of anything.

Hi All, :)

Final decision and PL bid has us in Renaissance 515 Madison.

Using one of the three (recommended abc, already there or the main seatac licensed provider) town car services... ??? haven't done that ...yet.

Seatac on a Friday at 8pm .

Thinking ... go stroll (maybe) Pioneer Square - old town in a.m.

then up to see Pike Place Market ... return to Hotel - for check-out. 11:30-12noon.

Cab to Pier66 drop the luggage.

Maybe check-in??? jump off for another tourist stroll up the

Alaskan Way toward the Space Needle (closer view) as time allows.

Any suggestions , opinions or advice is greatly appreciated by

a couple already in CC members debt for the wonderful help

garnered .... making the cruises so much better. THANKS!

:) seamo :)

Hi All, :)

Final decision and PL bid has us in Renaissance 515 Madison.

Using one of the three (recommended abc, already there or the main seatac licensed provider) town car services... ??? haven't done that ...yet.

Seatac on a Friday at 8pm .

Thinking ... go stroll (maybe) Pioneer Square - old town in a.m.

then up to see Pike Place Market ... return to Hotel - for check-out. 11:30-12noon.

Cab to Pier66 drop the luggage.

Maybe check-in??? jump off for another tourist stroll up the

Alaskan Way toward the Space Needle (closer view) as time allows.

Any suggestions , opinions or advice is greatly appreciated by

a couple already in CC members debt for the wonderful help

garnered .... making the cruises so much better. THANKS!

:) seamo :)

The Renaissance is at the top of a very steep hill, so the morning excursion to Pioneer Square, then back from the Pike Market will be er... aerobic, also rather time-consuming.

Frankly if it was me I'd check out in the morning, take a cab to Pier 66 and drop the bags at the concierge/bag storage desk (open 7:30 I think) - $3 or $4 per bag.

I'd then either use the Pike Hillclimb stairs, or take the elevator next to the Marriott, up to the Pike market for breakfast. The market is at its absolute best in the early morning, before the hoards of tourists make it a zoo. Have breakfast at the Athenian Grill or at Lowell's (both with great views of the harbor) and watch the merchants set up. Then stroll downhill (First Ave.) to Pioneer Square, then back to the pier along the waterfront - a much easier way of seeing things. Or, if you're done with the market early enough, you can walk 4 blocks to Westlake Center and take the monorail to the Space Needle/Chihuly Garden for some photo-ops, then back to Westlake, down to Pioneer Square (foot or bus) and then to the dock, all doable in 3-4+ easy hours. Fetch your bags from the concierge, check in and sail away. Easy peasy.

Has anyone stayed at the Warwick Seattle Hotel, I found a pretty good rate there.
It's a decent hotel in a great location. No worries.

Thanks , Gardyloo!

That sounds good enough to 'print-out' for reference.

Didn't know about the pre-boarding --"concierge/bag storage desk (open 7:30 I think) - $3 or $4 per bag."

Think it would be safe to leave meds + other valuables in that storage option?

And do you have an opinion of the town car services??

Have read many opinions , (think we got it) -- then someone says it is worst company ever '(never came etc)' -- next says fabulous .!? Haven't done anything on that get.

Again thanks, and thank you to all the CC posters . ..so nice

of you to help us "new to this place"'rs.

Seamo

Think it would be safe to leave meds + other valuables in that storage option?

And do you have an opinion of the town car services??

Have read many opinions , (think we got it) -- then someone says it is worst company ever '(never came etc)' -- next says fabulous .!? Haven't done anything on that get.

I wouldn't hesitate to leave meds etc. - it's controlled space. I just phoned to confirm hours (206-615-3900) and it's $3 per bag and they open at 8 am. Bags have to be collected by 3 pm.

As for the limo to town, frankly I just use the STILA limousines that are always parked at the limo/taxi turnaround on the 3rd floor of the airport garage (elevator or escalator from bag claim up to skybridge, across to garage, elevator/escalator down one floor.) They're the airport concessionaire for limo services and I've never had a problem with them. It's just a walk-up service, priced pretty closely to what taxi fare will cost.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Mayflower Park Hotel last week before our cruise, and it was everything we hoped for!! We were able to walk there easily (even with all our luggage) from the lightrail, we walked several times to and from Pike Place Market, and there was a ton to do in the area! The roomes were very nice, clean, and fully stocked! The pre-cruise package was well worth it, and the breakfast that includes was amazing!!

It was a bit pricey, but we stayed at the Inn at the market. It was worth the splurge. Being there the end of Aug, beginning of Sept is a great time of year. Has a great outdoor rooftop. They provide wine glasses in your room and we brought up wine, cheese, bread, food from the market, etc. They had plates and silverware sent up to us from room service. Watching the goings on in the market below and people watching was great. It was an easy 15 min walk to the needle.

• 6 months later...
Thank you everyone for the suggestions.

Gardyloo-- sorry for the extra 's', my only explanation is that I'm originally a NYer, so we pluralize things at times, ie-- 'youS guyS' ;-)

Mapleleaves-- I read through the sticky. Well the first 20 threads an the last 20 and actually posted our 'winning' bid to it. I felt there were a lot more SEATAC hotels listed than downtown.

K-Dogg-- please let me know how your stay goes as that is the hotel we ended up with through Priceline. We got it for $100/night which I am pleased with. I spoke with the hotel clerk yesterday and he was very friendly and informative.

If anyone has experience with the Mayflower Park hotel, please share! Thank you all again :)

What area did you bid on Priceline to get this hotel?

What star rating was it? I read your post on bidding. You started at 4 and got it at 3?

When did you start bidding?

• 1 month later...

seeing a lot of post on the mayflower. Does anyone know if I can get to the Mayflower from the Amtrak station? We are staying one night at the Maxwell before going to vancouver and then several days at the Mayflower after the cruise. While I looked at the maps on the light rail and other modes of transportation, I am still confused.

thanks

While the light rail (which runs from SEATAC to Westlake) terminus at Westlake is essentially right beside the Mayflower Park Hotel, you can't walk from the Mayflower to Amtrak's King Street Station with luggage. The Amtrak King Street Station is a number of blocks away from Westlake. We will be staying for several days at the Mayflower Park again in September before a cruise out of Vancouver. We already have our Amtrak tickets to go from Seattle to Vancouver, and will take a taxi from the Mayflower to the King Street Station.

We have stayed several times at the Mayflower Park, and have always been very pleased. The hotel is a non-smoking property with an excellent location and great staff. We also love the in-house restaurant Andaluca, and its wonderful breakfasts.

The Mayflower Park Hotel is located on the corner of 4th and Olive, so it would be considered downtown-pike place (#14 on map). Have you bid on Priceline before? Have you checked to see what your "free re-bid zones" for Seattle area are? (ie-if you want a 4 star hotel in pike place area, you can add N. Everett for example and re-bid because the highest star in that area is 3--hope that makes sense). I bid over a year ago to win that price so I don't remember exactly what I did, sorry!

October 2014 - Carnival Paradise - Western Caribbean

May 2013 - Carnival Miracle - Alaska

May 2012 - Carnival Sensation - Bahamas

March 2010 - Carnival Liberty - Eastern Caribbean

September 2009 - Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

March 1988 - Disney Cruise as a child :)

Archived