Vision of the seas

salboz

I cruised on Vision last October. The ship was in okay shape it's just very dated. No mini-bar/fridge in cabins and picture tube tv's. Not the worst fate in the world but I'd only book it if they offer a huge discount. What I found wrong with the ship was the service. Breakfast in the mdr was very slow and with early morning tours this was a major problem. Cabin steward was the worst. Threw things out I needed. When I asked him why he did it he said he wasn't sure if I needed it! I suppose asking me wasn't an option in his mind. I have had cabin stewards that wouldn't even clean a half-filled glass of water, in case it was bottled water that I intended to drink later, that's how cautious they usually are.

Vision had a drydock in Nov. 2010. I was on the TA right after the dry dock. At that time they replaced a lot of navigational equipment, but they also replaced the decking around the pool, replaced the dining room carpet, replaced the pool furniture in the Solarium and replaced the furniture on the balconies. There are 2 chairs and bistro style table on the balconies. We loved the ship and thought the service was very good. There are outstanding room stewards and some that aren't very good on every ship. Vision is a nice smaller, older ship that will be even better after the enhancements. (Looking forward to the addition of the CL and DL:))

I did sail Vision June 2012 and 2011 - no problems

Some short videos from my Vision cruises

Thank you for the links! We are sailing on her in November and I am getting really excited. The Vision does not look dated to me, and if she is so what. I cruise for the ports.

Lisa

I cruised on Vision last October. The ship was in okay shape it's just very dated. No mini-bar/fridge in cabins and picture tube tv's. Not the worst fate in the world but I'd only book it if they offer a huge discount. What I found wrong with the ship was the service. Breakfast in the mdr was very slow and with early morning tours this was a major problem. Cabin steward was the worst. Threw things out I needed. When I asked him why he did it he said he wasn't sure if I needed it! I suppose asking me wasn't an option in his mind. I have had cabin stewards that wouldn't even clean a half-filled glass of water, in case it was bottled water that I intended to drink later, that's how cautious they usually are.

We had the worst cabin steward ever on Vision very slow, but he also threw things away that we wanted (maybe the same person!). On top of everything Hubby left his jacket in the cabin when we disembarked and we realized it at baggage claim and notified them, he never did get it back.

Can you remember his name or tell us what cabin you were in case we get him...............so I can keep an eye on him :)

We had the worst cabin steward ever on Vision very slow, but he also threw things away that we wanted (maybe the same person!). On top of everything Hubby left his jacket in the cabin when we disembarked and we realized it at baggage claim and notified them, he never did get it back.

Sorry you never recovered the jacket, can you tell us the attendants name and what cabin this was? ;)

I did a B2B on the Vision in July 2012 - Baltic cruise. Loved it.

No problems with service, everywhere spotless.

Had breakfast every morning in the Diamond section and never crowded.

Loved being on a smaller ship.

Thanks for the positive review. I am sailing her twice in the next few months and have read some very negative reviews ............but I think its going to be nice on the smaller ship for a change as well. :)

Thank you to the poster who included the video clips. Such beautiful scenery! I'll be aboard the Vision in the Caribbean in November and don't mind the size, or the decor being slightly outdated. I am looking forward to relaxation and visiting some amazing islands. Thanks for sharing! I am especially happy to see the shuffleboard court, one of my favorite pastimes on a ship :)

Thanks for the positive review. I am sailing her twice in the next few months and have read some very negative reviews ............but I think its going to be nice on the smaller ship for a change as well. :)

I am sure we would all love to hear your thoughts about Vision on your return.:)

Sailed Vision twice, August 2011 and June 2012, and are going on her again on Friday. A beautiful ship with perfect service. This summer in a suite and last summer in an outside cabin.

We had MTD and the waiters took very good care of our grandchildren. Played with them and spoiled them.

We also sailed on the Vision this summer on a Baltics cruise. Our cabin and balcony were beautiful - not dated at all. We had a flat screen tv and a hot water maker. We enjoyed great service in the MDR and our cabin steward was great - even though it was his first week on the Vision and was juggling his regular duties with training sessions. Yes, there were things the Vision does not have that we missed but not enough to choose ship over ports.

I had thought all the rooms had refrigerators. One poster above mentioned they did not have fridges. Is this correct or not? I don't mind it being a little dated, I will love the smaller ship format. That is what I signed up for on this cruise.

Also I am trying to find out if the type of TV's that are in the Inside Cabins, mainly for the type of input cables I need to bring for our personal video player.

Thanks for any info you can give.

The Vision class ships only have refrigerators in the balcony and above cabins.

I have read on here that the ports on the TV's are disabled. I don't know for sure if that is true or not. We were able to view our photos on one of the old TV's on Grandeur, but that was quite a few years ago.

Archived